Premades to 4v4 With Arranged Matchmaking.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by phen0mena, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Pew New Player

On EUPS3 4vs4 deathmatch syncs happen all the time.
    It's just not preferred to 5s because it is less strategic and more bursty imo.
  2. Kroye Loyal Player

I don't think going to fours will change much other than the pace. It will still be a game of "chase the healer" but it will be over a lot faster for mediocre healers, then the cascading failure of the team into a full wipe will come quickly too.

If anything, going to fours will result in quite a few more lopsided matches. (That's not necessarily a bad thing.)
  3. Purple Ace New Player

I agree, and role stacking would happen in 5's but people tend to frown upon it. In 4's there will be no such argument.
  4. Talve Dedicated Player

That awkward moment of being 5v5 team for a long time
    and then suddenly saying **** to one of the guys, as we can only take 4 players.
    • Like x 1
  5. Intent New Player

re: nodes

Nodes are lame because they are random. In a close match nodes opening and closing can go a long way in determining the winner as distance = points. On top of that, nodes result in guessing games. Matches will be determined by the initial guesses as to who to send where.

re: team configurations

One of three things will occur:
    • There will be an agreed-upon team config for all teams to abide by. So basically we're kinda back to where we are now.
    • There will be an optimal configuration that most will use. So basically were back to where we were before they nerfed tanks in 5v5 except some teams will come up with a configuration designed to counter the optimal. This results in a metagame full of guessing and scouting.
    • There will be a handful of optimal configurations. This results in elite teams beating each other mostly due to configuration matchup. This then also results in a metagame.
    • Like x 1
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Really the first option would have to be set.

Otherwise its just a guessing game when you queue and skill is taken out in place of advantage.
  7. ARI ATARI New Player

im down for 4's.
    it will be a nice change of pace. we can discuss team make-up previous to queuing

the standard will be one of each role. but as long as both teams are rocking the same design its fine.

since we can choose any map we want, i wonder which map we will choose.... watch tower probably.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

With Arranged Matchmaking coming this would be a good tournament idea. Making it the standard premade setup will take alot of convincing since 5's has been the go to since @ launch on Moon.
  9. Pew New Player

btw healer stacking is still the way to go in 4s deathmatch if you want to win
    • Like x 1
  10. Warlan New Player

4s is only going to work if you force the group into having one of each role. Same for 8s. Another option is 3s with forced roles. 5s is completely and utterly stupid as it breaks the intended RPS system.

Other option is to remove the RPS system cause it blows monkey balls. Force everyone to DPS it like in Legends.

I really hope they fix the PVP because it has a lot of potential. It's just really, really poor right now and has been for awhile.
  11. Warlan New Player

Yes, they need to get rid of it.

I don't understand how you implement a RPS system then allow people to BREAK the system by just queing up stacked OP role combinations.
    • Like x 1
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

theres no point in not running 1 of each role for 4v4, you might as just well play 5s if you have to role stack to win
    • Like x 1
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Star labs and arkham aren't that great, pit watchtower and moon are all fine still, and FoS could work as well.

Ace is a good choice too.
  14. Warlan New Player

But you know the 'elite leagues' will stack regardless.
  15. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Yes. If the RPS system was better it wouldn't be an issue though.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zypher New Player

From what I saw (USPC).. most of the people championing 4s can't really compete in 5s. Also, like Brice said, all people are doing in 4s is the same thing that happens in 5s.. healer stacking. I don't see this necessarily as a problem, it's strategy.. deal with it or lose.

People who play 4s smart play nodes. I'm not really interested in nodes as it doesn't prove who the dominant team is. Whenever they introduce a deathmatch map for 4s, I'll be all over it. The standard will ALWAYS be a pure no node/no buff deathmatch map. 4s isn't gonna change that.
  17. Radium Devoted Player

Thats what this is all about though. With the new arranged matchmaking, you can have 4's with deathmatches on almost any map. Plus with map rotation, it could also pop up as a queue.
  18. zColdFire New Player

we can use star labs as a 4v4 DM
  19. phen0mena Committed Player

This is the thing though,

The PvP community decides for itself what is allowed once the update drops.

If we decide (as someone stated) to have a tournament 4v4 DM 1 of each role, that is now a real possibility, and once again, as a PvP community, we can set our own rules going forward.

As in, no healer stacking allowed.
    If enough players get behind this, with arranged matchmaking any team attempting to stack roles would simply be outed.

All the power is now in our hands.

Grinding for marks, everyone will just do what we've always done. Que maps, get marks.
    This is taking a look past having the gear, and perhaps evoking new life into intense matches.

5v5 is stale. It really is, for exactly the reason(s) stated here. People say 'they will still healer stack' why is this? Because yes, it is an OP form of play. It truncates a lot of focus fire options, etc turns matches into slugfests where no one KO's or only a healer, on and on. In a 4v4 1 role scenario, you would really need to show some exemplary teamwork as there is no safety net.

It could also bring about options other than the old boring melt healers mindset. Yes, that would still be extremely effective, but you could also focus any of the roles with near similar results as again, no safety net. Just pick the weakest link, and go.

It will be up to the community to decide.
  20. Warlan New Player

Agreed, I just don't think they will be able to fix the RPS system and a DPS only solution would be infinitely easier to implement. I'd like to see the RPS system working, I just don't believe they will figure it out since we are going on two years and the situation has only gotten worse. It will be much easier for the devs to manage power and healing balance if it's done through sodas rather than having to worry if people are bringing 2 or 3 healers or multiple trollers, etc...

Right now, the better PVPing is in Legends because the Arenas are mostly predetermined by the makeup of your group (how many healers/trollers/etc...) rather than the skill.