Legends PVP needs tweaking.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Shazam, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Shazam Well-Known Player

I love playing legends PVP, but I get tired of of being paired with 3 Robins as my team mates taking on 4 Steels. If these are truely iconic shouldn't be only one character per match? Not 5 Steels in one match? Seems like some characters need some tweaking, some need boosting and some need nerfing.

Another thing that upsets me is when you get teamed with a partner in 2v2 that just doesn't help at all and runs around the map. Is that a reportable offense? I have ran into multiple players doing it.

PS: Would love to see Shazam/Black Adam, Flash/Reverse Flash, Wonder Woman/Circe, and more legends that you don't have to buy.
  2. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

okay why post this in arkham, and to solve ur problem don't pug. problem solved
  3. zColdFire New Player

We need to fix steel his move where he lifts his 2handed in the air and theres a storm it kill me in like in one shot
  4. Shazam Well-Known Player

It was moved here. Take time to actually look at the forums before you complain. Learn to use your grammar also.
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

nothing says it was moved here and okay grammer police i will be more careful next time -.-
  6. Shazam Well-Known Player

I'm going to go into a little more detailed post that might help legends pvp.

1) Only one legend of each character per battle. I just think it makes more sense that only one Hal Jordan or Superman was fighting in each battle.
    2) Ranked legends battles.
    3) Balancing legends. I know they test them, but do they go back and check on how older legends compete with new ones?

Here are two whom I think should be looked at for balancing.

1) Hal Jordan. His jet attack can be spammed. It's annoying and when 2-3 Jordans are doing it in a row, it can be deadly.
    2) Steel. Simply overpowered.

4) Maybe Legends equipment. Something like Hal Jordan only and etc.

What are your ideas?
  7. Itazuki New Player

Steel is selling a lot.. So don't expect a change.
  8. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

The problem with only One Legend per match, is you are effectively locking out players who don't have many legend avatars. If someone is just starting out in Legends, Robin is all they got (assuming they are a hero). This would mean they either can't play or would be waiting for insane queue times until the system can finally find a full team without anyone else having Robin. Same can be said for Harley (who is the freebie for the Villains side)

As for Ranked Legends, my understanding is that the Ranked matchmaking system is currently live. So it is there. But the ranks are invisible. From devs response, This will not change and making Ranks visible tends to get people more interested in their ranks rather then in playing. This also can lead to people quiting mid-matches so as to boost their win/loss ratio to gain in the rankings. Also not something anyone wants.

As for Balancing the Legends characters. I think this totally has merit. Many Legends just don't seem to be as useful in battle or in a given situation as they could be (while others come off as OP). Looking back and overall mechanics of a Legends match and what could or could not be helpful to a given character might be good.
    • Like x 1
  9. Broadkillzombie New Player

Steel is just too overpowered.I want to also see more legends characters that we dont have to buy that are NOT Batman related.
  10. Dark Votive New Player

I don't know about Hal Jordan, since I have him and have fought him so his jet attack can be managed, the only thing that bothers me is Steel, he stuns you even if you try to repel it, you just get stuck and yes even I got a group of Robins numerous times, they are entirely useless and the players using them entirely ignore your suggestions, even I wasn't so thick headed when I started out. Steel being over powered is also the reason why I don't buy him, I don't believe in winning like a looser. The devs should look into it because its not just about Steel being sold out a lot but its entirely unfair for those who buy other characters from the marketplace by paying the same price.
  11. Francesca Lima New Player

Those Robins you were teamed with were new to legends how it sounds. A skilled Robin would have wiped the floor with the Steels. Steel is very slow and Robins are able to stun him so much that he is useless at times. When it comes to legends, nothing needs changing in it. It is the only PVP that everyone is on the same level. Legends all depends on the players skill and you also having the skill to understand what they are doing.

This is a way that I learned how to work legends. I watched teammates and other players while in ace. Ace is a place where they are all over the place. You can just get a good view of what everyone is doing. Once you get lore and marks to get the new legends. Learn the strengths and the weaknesses from what players do you in the legends. With me, I learned Hal has no real HP, which is why he is able to do that much damage. He could be killed repeatedly if other players realized that.

I know it can be very frustrating right now. It takes awhile to get use to and learn how everything runs. Before they start the PVP instance, ask the players about themselves. It will help you know if they are new or not. If you know how to use a certain character, they do not. Just help them know what to do and what powers do what.
  12. Ravi New Player

i completely agree they need to make the teams a lot more fair (ex. my team- me(amon sur) lvl 6 robin lvl 5 robin lvl 10 harley im sitting there like wtf... against lex luthor, superman. steel, and ursa -__- -__________- not even fair......
  13. Lamar New Player

There are a couple robins out there that will surprise you but for the most part there the ones kitting, i feel your pain especially in batcave, i see a robin all i think about is i hope he doesnt run around the map not doing nothing then you you get to the point and you see 2 steels i just leave thats a guaranteed lose. 2 or more steels in any match is aggravating, any average player makes steel good, any good player makes steel god
    • Like x 1
  14. Changeme New Player

can only agree with all about op steel, though its more the combination of a few op powers & 2-handed doing stupid dmg. For example, I can't be the only person who finds the fact that Harley Quinn hits harder & seems to be tougher than DC comics poster boy, ie Superman, a bit absurd. 'Man of Steel' seems an exaggeration when a chick with a hammer does considerably more damage & can take a few more shots.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lamar New Player

i agree but harley quinn is alot easier to beat then steel, i actually find sinesto more of a challenge then hal jordan
  16. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Its pay to win what do you expect?
  17. Bloodartist New Player

I think the problem is that certain attacks cannot be interrupted easy enough. That should be looked at. And I think Bane has somehting that seems to make him immune to stunning sometimes, or maybe its just me.

In general, the devs should check whether certain abilities have countermeasures, and that every character should have at least one such countermeasure available.
  18. Bloodartist New Player

Ursa is not a cashshop character.
  19. Lamar New Player

Ursa in the right hands is beast