What inspired your forum or ingame name?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Man, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Comixfan Committed Player

How so?

Ezio is derived from the greek word Aetos, meaning eagle.

Also, the name Altaïr (الطائر) means "The Bird" in Arabic.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

3. The Eagle New Player

I'm assuming you misunderstood the definition of "based" and "copied". But incase you didn't and just assumed I wasn't able to get "XxEzioxX420":

Assassins Creed Achievement- "The Eagle and The Apple" - Complete the game
    Ezio Name Meaning: The Eagle
    Altair is the brightest star in the Aquila constellation which means Eagle[1] also an abbreviation of the Arabic phrase النسر الطائر, an-nasr aṭ-ṭā’ir (English: The flying eagle) If Wikipedia is to be believed.

I wanted to be a hero based on the characters and mythos of the series, but not pretend to be one of them in the DC universe, and I'd rather almost anything than butcher an Italian or Arabic name from characters based in the 15th and 12th century.

EDIT: Thanks Comixfan
    • Like x 2
  4. The Kitsune New Player

I thought it was after Angry Birds
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Atari 2600 was originally Luminithium (Hard Light) and that name was chosen because of "Luminous" meaning light and "Lithium" being a type of Battery. I renamed him to Atari 2600 whenever I decided to go Gadgets and loved the power set. On that day I made him look like a robot and he has since had the same theme/look going (roughly 3 months now).
  6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

I'm a Julie Taymor fan.
  7. Ilunis Dedicated Player

His look has been based off of Altair, which is why I have messed with him about the name. I am well aware of Ezio Auditore's name meaning Eagle. Played AC through AC3. Ezio is still my favorite assassin (though, Connor isn't nearly as bad as the haters portray him).
  8. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I've only been messing with you about it because your look is ridiculously close to Altair's (well done, I might add). It isn't hate, though. I love the AC series and even liked AC3, despite the abysmal bugs and glitches. I just liked teasing you. I'll stop.
  9. Abandon New Player

I'm one of the reckless SoB's so fair warning.

Abandon all hope, ye who group with me o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Well, if you know Japanese and have ever met me in real life, you'd understand why my first teacher called me the name I've used as my nic-name for 35+ years. ;)
  11. huflungpoo New Player

i prefer to troll all sorts of forums looking for names that have high post counts that therefore "demand respect" and use their names just cus i can lol

no im kidding, i dont do that, but could you imagine all the whining that would ensue lol
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

Many name choices were picked after setting up the initial costume. Mostly I wanted one-word names even though I didn't do that with the first toon.

CrazyDaze(Fire) - A toon name I used in PocketLegends
    Skorn (Ice) - An insane asylum themed toon with a play on spelling of the band Korn
    Quarantine (Gadgets...now Nature) - Name I picked after using the bio hazard mask
    Reflection (Mental) - After .Net programming to look in on itself and its types. The toon is non-corporeal.

Sore (Nature) - I setup a flight based nature creature. I wanted Spore but it was taken. I then tried Sore because I thought the villain version of healing should include inflicting pain to heal. It is through raking sores upon an enemy and exposing them to pheromones that I heal. I leveled in healer stance using Grassland's tactics. I shouted for a 2nd person to run with for almost all content. That wass such a noob move. Thanks to Grassland, I was a good healer the second I hit level 30...running duos, alerts and raids. That's what got me interested in guides in the first place. I wanted to help others play at a higher level.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alice Liddell Well-Known Player

The Real Alice
    Alice in Wonderland
    American Mcgee's Alice
    Alice: Madness Returns
  14. SuperiorMouse New Player

15. BlueNight Active Player

My main character, BlueNight, was built from the Green Arrow template and the name came after several attempts that were taken. It's inspired by a combination of Dark Knight, Nightwing, and Blue Beetle.

Other heroes:
    • TahoeBlue, ice tank - I needed a name that had "Blue" so that it was easy to remember as my alt and suggested cold. I live in Sacramento not far from Lake Tahoe and always see the "Keep Tahoe Blue" stickers, so TahoeBlue was a good fit.
    • Mr Sampson, electric healer - This toon was originally created as a joke to shown my wife named after our cowardly cat who is still afraid of me after 10 years.
    My wife helped create all of my villains and are all named after our pet rabbits:
    • Gumdrop, mental controller - Her first rabbit. A small white rabbit that liked to terrorize cats and was known as the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python.
    • Hankenstein, fire tank - A big white rabbit known as "Hank the Tank" at the animal shelter.
    • TuonOfThe9Moons, sorcery healer - Hank's new partner who was named after the character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. The most evil of our rabbits. :)
    We also have had rabbits named Kal-El and Grayson, but there are too many of those in the game already.
    • Like x 1
  16. Twilight Man New Player

A dark view on life
  17. Deathmark New Player

Well......if i can make a short story long...

I had a vague idea what kind of hero i wanted to make when i first went in the character creator, i knew it was gonan be DD and Batman inspired. Of course when came time to chose the emblem i wasn't left with alt of chocies i liked. The skull was nice even if it was obviously reminiscent of the punisher (who i like at least...). I tried to come up with a good name and eventually since i ended up using the skull, i tried to take inspiration from the emblem. So i thought death, dead, hmm.... my color scheme was red and black so my mind went towards Deadpoool, which led me to deathstroke...hmmm... Dead...death.... Deathsomething...then i thought of this Star Wars quote "A deathmark is a hard thing to live with".

Now the other thing, is in my mind, my hero would be a hero that kills, an anti-hero (I find Batman's no kill policy terribly morally flawed). Deathmark, skull on chest, kills, marking criminals for death. It seemed like a good name. Of course...it had been taken. Hence the i's, which most USPC people here know started with x's...yes...i was one of those guys. I changed it to IDeathmarkI after many months of being... xxDEATHMARKxx..... In those days i was very extreme like that....
  18. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I don't know why the joke stuck with me, but that's why I called him BakingBads.
  19. Raiden New Player

Playing through the Metal Gear games I became fascinated with the idea of using codename type names on my characters through out different games. I try to make sure that the characters name(codename) relates to them in some way.

The reason I chose 'Raiden' was because of the meaning behind that name and how, in my opinion, suits an electricity character in DCUO. Lol so I did not use the name to make a mortal kombat raiden or some other raiden.
  20. Umi New Player

Well, I wanted to have my character's name be Japanese (have always loved the culture, vacationed there for 3 weeks in 2010, 25% of my body is covered in Japanese-inspired body art... so far :D , etc).

During Beta, my character was a Nature villain named Mushi (insect), but I was concerned that it might get pronounced as "mushy" and that's just... bad juju, haha. So, when the game was released I still wanted a short, easy, Nature-related name. I chose Umi, which means sea. I didn't add any modifiers to make it a traditional Japanese "name" because I wanted it to be easy to say. I get called "you-me" (average pick-up line: "You know, Umi... you and me...") about 90% of the time, but it's still much better than "mushy"! ;)