question about long time players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by julianes05, May 2, 2024.

1. julianes05 Active Player

how do long time players keep playing this game. or are they just active in the forums? question from a 2 year player( who deleted the game and installed the game again a year later :) )
    • Like x 2
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. are you talking about game loyalty?
    Game loyalty doesn't happen much these days, especially since there is a wide variety to choose from. If the game is something you like to play then you will keep playing it, even when things don't happen as planned. Taking breaks from a favorite game doesn't hurt, either, especially when life is throwing wet banana peels at your feet. It's easier to keep playing a game for a long time when you have friends that play it as well. I've been playing this game since 2012; Ive taken a couple of breaks due to life issues but I've never uninstalled this game.
    • Like x 4
  3. myandria Item Storage

oops double post; my internet isnt playing nice today.:D
  4. kallader Committed Player

Well Dcuo is kinda a sandbox game you can pass hours do decorations or having fun making styles/cosplay or can roleplay you can also run feat or kill world boss -do pvp -run daily task or just show off in front of little Bohemia and met peoples with same interest.
    The probability someone online actually queue to the same thing you queue is kinda low so peoples have the illusion no one is online but they are just doing other stuff :/ myself I pass hours do styles then queue my daily I play over 5h each day and I start play in 2013
    • Like x 3
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Nope; just on the forums now until the lights shut off, having hypothetical discussions that may or may not help the game to change for the better. Might possibly return to the game if it makes a shift for the better, but even so, that remains to be seen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

You have to be someone who can more or less make your own goals. Are you style oriented? Are you feat/SP oriented? Are you a social butterfly? Do you want to dominate others in PvP? Do you want to create content for others to enjoy? You can spend countless hours doing any or all of them. I'm mostly occupied with league management. Making sure people are able to communicate league events for feats/bonuses via Discord, hanging out and chatting, maintaining our league pooled inventory of exos/old base items for feats, occasional recruitment when people wander away for extended bits. When new content drops, I always look forward to it, to be sure. Sometimes the doldrums like the present are hard to weather.
    • Like x 5
  7. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Love playing a superhero. Was a big time play when City of Heroes was around and now, I love this game. How do I stay a long-time player? I play all aspects of the game. I am not just an end-gamer. See Hraesvelg and Kallader comments above, because they are right on the money. I always have different things to do when I log on with my numerous toons (which are at various lvls).

As for the forums, I mostly monitor it for information and occasionally join in the deep discussions on here.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

i been here and im a beta player. been playing since day one or since i was 8 lol

only reason i stayed cuz well i made family here. i still have same friends from 2012, same league. some of my friends have kids now and some i even call uncle and aunti. i play with them daily or at least on the weekend.

i did stop my membership 3 months ago cuz i didnt feel the need for it anymore. but i still support the game by buying things here and there .
    i love the game so much , have so much memories and tbh , it made me who i am today
    • Like x 3
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've been hanging around a good few years, now. I don't usually play video games that involve playing with other people. not a huge fan of other people, to be honest. except with DCUO, oddly. I've met a lot of great guys & gals playing this game. some are still here. some, sadly, have moved on. got a lot of great memories tied up with my main ( Irvynnge ). there's been a lull in my playing, of late, because, well, real life stuff, you know how it is, but I'm not going anywhere. I love this game, man. proper love it.
    • Like x 7
  10. Eve YouTuber

I've started playing September 2016. I also started my content creation journey with this game. I play everyday but for how long depends on how much time I have that day and what I want to do in game. Sometimes I log in just to make a video too. I spend time on forums and other socials to interact with the community and the devs. I like helping where I can or share my creations, even if I just worked on a style and wanted to share it. Also love seeing other players creations like styles and bases.
    • Like x 4
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Been logging in to the game and playing every day since "Fight for the Light" dropped, apart from occasional extended server down times and one whole week when I was in hospital. I have 33 characters, so I change up which ones I'm playing from time to time (always my main, plus 2-3 others for each episode, just to vary things).
    • Like x 4
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This is a profound question. Aside from current conditions and decisions I do not agree with concerning aspects of the game that are important to me, which should have sent me packing, lol; I will say what keeps me here playing DCUO aligns with much of what the others on here have stated. Friends, some of whom close bonds have been forged with over the years, nostalgic memories from playing when I was younger, and my duty to my league are what keeps me here.

As I eluded to above, certain changes made to aspects of this game in 2021 significantly diminished my enjoyment, and as of late I am not loving DCUO as I once did. My enjoyment now comes from my friends. Seeing them online, joking around with them, leaning on them during the tough real life stuff that happens, these are the things that keep me here. I am also a league leader. I owe it to the players who have chosen to join Thunder_Cats_Only to give them the best league I can. It’s their league, they are league, I’m just the custodian of it to keep it a peaceful place, a league they can all be proud of, and not betray their trust in me to justify their joining us out of all of the other options available to them.

I think a lot of people who leave DCUO after becoming disenchanted with it for one reason or another might not the support of a friend’s network on here like I do.
    • Like x 4
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's where I get to play dress up with my virtual action figures lol. I take breaks come back and take a break. Been playing since I was 20 years old. At 34 the game has lost a bit of it'suster but you always hope to get the glory days back. I hope under the new regime we can see meaningful changes.

There are also no other MMOs that feature super heroes with this kind of combat and isn't that grindu aside from artifacts and allies.
    • Like x 5
  14. julianes05 Active Player

relating to the question, yes i think i installed the game again because. there arent alot of dc mobile games. marvel's beating them to it for now. its amazing how loyal the fanbase are.
  15. julianes05 Active Player

relating to the question, yes i think i installed the game again because. there arent alot of dc mobile games. marvel's beating them to it for now. its amazing how loyal the fanbase are.
  16. Redwingsrock New Player

Beta - Collectors Edition - Lifetime Membership 1st month after release. Still play everyday! It’s like having a huge superhero play set!

I even have the full run of the comic book series.
    • Like x 2
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Been playing for like 13 years. Had to take a few breaks myself throughout the course, but I have a few friends that I've played with for years, that still play, and that helps. Run primarily new content (I will very rarely grab a feat from a dlc that's still eeg) and I keep it quick.

This is (arguably) one of the most unique MMO games. Superheroes, villains, various powers, good combat system still, open world freedom, seasonal events.

This game has had some serious hiccups in the past, and appears to be (due to recent staff changes) having a little hiccup now, but at the end of the day, you either love the game, or love to hate the game. Some people might call it something like Stockholm syndrome, like being in an abusive relationship where you still love (the game) other, and some just down right get addicted to playing this game so it's kinda like their wake-n-bake. Either way, where else can you fight Superman, the Joker, smash cars all over town, and stare inappropriately at Carol Ferris, all in the same day, while saving the universe from Perpetua?
    • Like x 3
  18. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

The combat is fun.
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I love my characters.
    • Like x 3
  20. Wiccan028 New Player

I left DCUO because the direction of the game was something I disagreed with and I had a bunch of things going on in my life that were causing issues (work, family, etc) and so I walked away). This was necessary and selfish but could have been done in a better way... but I am not sure how I would have got through if I wasn't able to keep certain memories alive and with me, which is why I did the choices that I did back than.

The direction of the game doesn't seem like its changed at all, I'd argue some things are nicer and a bunch of other things are worse... and I'm just not trying too hard this time around, caring about a bunch of stuff like I did back than.

I will admit the only reason I came back was a group of friends wanted to try it again and this time I did attempt to go back. I don't know how long it will last... from a life perspective I'm on solid ground for the first time in a long time (I even started playing this game because of an event that "broke me" per se) and so if everything happened again like it did my first go around I could handle it better... but I am just hoping that won't happen again... than again who knows if I will still be around long enough for something to happen lol.
    • Like x 1