Let's be honest! For Devs and community.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I've been gone for about three to four months now and returned to a stinking ship. Learning the recent departure of certain devs and Mepps only proved that I and other's who voiced their concerns in regards to the direction of the game were right all along. We told them how to fix the game or what to do to bring back veteran players. Did they listen? No, and look at the consequences that became of it. We don't come on the forums to pick fights with people who will defend every decision that is made and accept it for what it is. People like me come on her to try to make the game that they enjoyed better and not want it to end up the way it is now.

Listen to me devs, please. If you truly and I mean truly want to bring in players like old times you need to do one of two things. Option one, make a dedicated rollback server that allows players to play with 2014-2015 game mechanics but with current styles and episodes without artifacts and allies.

Option two, completely revamp the current game with 2015 powerset functions, improve PvP engagement, bounties, REMOVING STAT CLAMP, Removing artifacts and allies, keeping how we currently use skill points and augments and keeping daily rewards.

Now, if you want to bring in a massive wave that you've never seen before, combine 2015 powerset skills and interactions (weapon attack buffs as well), removing stat clamp, weapon master combo damage bonuses returning (to force people to use their weapons more instead of spamming), the current way you distribute skill points and level up augments, removing artifacts and allies and bringing back old omnipotent gear stats and rarity. Just those alone would send you a flood of veteran players and it would be like nothing you've ever witnessed before. This is without Advanced Mechanics of course.

For the people who say they can remove artifacts and allies I want you to know that they absolutely can and it would actually make the game better. Did we spend money on them, sure but money is always being spent on things you enjoy but the health of the game is overall more important. No one asked for those and we all know it was for cash grabbing purposes.

If they want our money the right way, give us a reason again to want to buy membership. Sell older booster bundle styles on the marketplace, make us want to PvP again by giving us weekly loot boxes or tier reward systems that truly rewards our efforts. Maybe make a line of omnipotent PvP gear that is behind a tier system that is reset every Thursday? Make us want to buy replay badges and use them. Make henchmen useful and customizable with buyable style packs, make it so you can only unlock certain skins for them by making it to a certain PVP tier making players want to engage in combat more amongst one another. PvP phase absolutely needs to return and there's no if, and or buts about it. There's just so many other ways to make money without making it so obvious we're being taken advantage of. The PvP community does exist so stop only catering to the PvE players, please.

From me being a player that has played since May, 2011, I have seen this game in its infancy until it's present from and can say without question that it's on its last legs. I've talked to many, many friends (who have quit since then) and their biggest complaints were the changes to powerset functions, artifacts and allies, lack of PvP updates and not having their voices heard.

I'm just another player on the forums to you Devs so you're most likely thinking not to take what I'm saying seriously here but I can assure you that it would be in this game's and your best interest of you did. I'm trying to help save you from a collapse of no return and it's getting there if something isn't done soon. Talk to upper management, rely what I'm suggesting and try to make it happen. It's sink or swim at this point and I'm sure you don't want to sink further than what this game already is.
    • Like x 3
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So your idea to save the game is to roll back about a decade's worth of work done by various devs because, I'm guessing, THAT'S the time you most enjoyed the game.

Yeah, that sounds totally reasonable.
    • Like x 10
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The only thing i agree with is removing the stat clamp. Also i would be very upset if i logged in 1 day and 4 years of artifact grinding was undone. Also not all of us want to use weapons so forcing weapon use on people just because you like them is not going to be good for the game. If you like weapons thats fine make a prec build and leave me out of it, i like to use powers.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sollace Well-Known Player

Create a classic server would make no sense and in no case an interesting solution for the players and for the game, because frankly, watched how the official servers hardly worked noramelemnt+...

The stat clamp is to be removed and personally, I am in favor of a fixed CR and make the SP be the continuity of the CR, many players were disgusted to see how the SP were made less important, I think the stuff should have another interest than a progression of CR.

Artifacts and allies must be naturally linked to the player’s account and this must be better motivated at the farm and the xp must be fairer for the players.

Increases to DLC must be removed, it is a annoying management burden that eventually becomes useless over time.

League stats bonus should be attributed to the players and why not find a link with prestige and omnibus. Of course, the farm of this will have to be seen at the level of player farm and league farm name.
    In fact, by the way, the central unit of the base could be used for this instead of the current system rather painful in addition to wasteful mark source. Acolytes, typing etc would simply be added to the distributor, with why not a new interface.

Finally, when looked at, the stat clamp can be easily made otherwise.

The DLC must be as attractive as the contents of MMORPG type Fantasy, Story, various quests, crafts, stuff.

The monetization made around the game is also a point that has much disgusted the players, because in reality, all is thought so that the frustration of the farm thought to push to buy for rapid progress and because of this, it ended up making DCUO players casual players, I want to believe that the purchase is a possible option, but not must not be so imposing, because in the end, the players deserted the game faster...
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Youre asking for the game to be skill based instead of artifact/p2win/cheesing based?
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm 100% all for something needing be done but dang, they may as well just make a whole new game at that point with these suggestions lol. Sadly they won't get rid of any monetization, they are quite content with milking as it currently is. Heck, it's only a matter of time before they add even more because they see how well it's WORKING...

Edit: And quite honestly, I'm extremely sure the devs themselves want to do MANY of these, but the higher-ups would never allow them to.

It's too little too late to remove artifacts and what-not, and a "classic" server undermines one of the points of the dumb stat clamp lol (well, omnibus anyway, not really the clamp. But it's one of the excuses people use often, "not splitting the playerbase").
  7. Ryan_Ragenolds Active Player

Lol
    People needs to accept that "old times" is just that. Old times. And are not coming back.
    Game wasnt better, it was different and more fresh (it was also younger).
    Let me guess...movies were better "back then" right? Music was also better "back then", right?

Saying long gone veterans would come back if such radical thing were to be done is not being honest. Its the complete opposite. Some may come back and check whats going on? Maybe sure. Would they stay? Doubtful, because they already gone and move on.
    Im more conviced tht doing such a radical change would cause a huge drop in player (much bigger that a few possible comebacks) due to the erase of artifacts and allies (hard earned via grind or having spent large amount of money). People go full rage when arts are "modified", imagine how it would be if complete erased.

Wanna be honest? Start by not lying to yourself with crazy ideas.
    Dont like the current state of the game? Thats fine. Playing for a long time causes burnouts. If taking a break doesnt help...ots ok to let it behind and move on.
    • Like x 2
  8. Ryll Committed Player

If we are being honest...did anyone even notice you weren't here?
    • Like x 1
  9. GGreenie New Player

How do people still not understand it? smh...
    Listen, all those cool and "innovative" ideas people drop in forums like new powers, reviving pvp, rebalancing whole game and others aren't going to happen not because there is a Grinch who hates fun sitting in control of DB but because there simply is no resources to implement them.
    We can't even get an episode that is in majority reused assets once every 6 months.
    Stop dreaming, the game will continue to run as it is and that's optimistic scenario.
    • Like x 1
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm sure we're finally down to realizing that the clamp was a game killer for a lot of people... and yes, artifacts and allies were just a way to sell us back the things we lost with the clamp...

but, getting rid of them entirely, at this point, seems a little improbable..

Now.... Fixing that clamp.... that should be a priority for the new devs... most hope.
    • Like x 4
  11. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

The damage has been done. Any changes to the system capable of making the game enjoyable will only negate the work we, the players, have done. So you can either sit on the sinking ship like the rest of us, hoping we'll be saved, or just move on.
    • Like x 2
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The clamp isn't going anywhere its how they plan to make alot more money from you with pay to win. You want a free game you get a free game you want progression pay for ur stats back its that simple. You want balance ask for more pay to win systems cuz that what they do to balance things around here by making money from it
    • Like x 2
  13. kallader Committed Player

To be clear they will never remove stats clamp for the simple reason they need to keep it .
    All instance follow a script and they never imagine someone will be strong enough to ever be able to kill boss really fast so they never program multiple choice in the script so if the script get interrupted because some action are missing the stage will bug and you cannot finish it.
    Going back and work all instance script would take months of free work so if you think stuff are slow now imagine work the whole game from begin.
    So easy fix put a stats clamp that prevent peoples to be too strong to corrupt the script and it work for all future content.
    They don't really want stats clamp more than you do.
    • Like x 2
  14. El Guapo Well-Known Player

But there IS a grinch who hates fun in control of DB. It's been clear for several years lol
    • Like x 4
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... No, it doesn't prove anything of the sort. Regardless of who left or was let go from the company - it has nothing to do with whatever little gripes you have with the game and its "direction". You and many others were spewing nonsense before and you're spewing nonsense now.

Rolling the game back to the time when you enjoyed it more is not a workable idea, nor is it going to solve anything. A complete revamp of the entire game is simply NEVER going to happen, because it would require too much work and resources, which nobody in their right mind is going to put into a 13 years old game, that was never among the most popular to begin with.

You're just a player, so play the game, or don't - these are your options. Nothing major is going to change about the game's direction, because even though you're looking at it from the perspective of comic book phantasy, the people running it have to live in the real world.

Anyway, feel free to continue with your self-important tirades, because - clearly - without your input this game can't survive... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  16. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Nailed it. They've thrown a lot out but at the end of the day removing progression and then selling back a fraction of it was the decision that nailed their coffin shut.

If they backed off the stat clamp severity so all the potential new players don't keep fleeing. The rage quit the game never to return when they realize a mountain of needed SP is buried behind a ton of content requiring two to eight people to get, and that it will take years of begging for help because almost no one runs older duos, alerts, and raids anymore.

I watch these poor folks beg for help for hours every time I play. Its sad yet understandable because no one wants the hassle of a long run with new people that wipe until they finally quit.

"Get Gud" doesn't work when people simply aren't going to spend career hours on a game they play for some fun. Causals are the money, take their money and let them have an easier time beating the old content. It doesn't really matter because it's not real life it's a game for fun. Yes, some elites will have to deal with not lording over everyone to such a massive degree so they will have to adjust.

I'm a meanie pants elite with all the SPs, max arts, max allies, etc. and you know what? When I play with other people I magically still have fun even if someone else gets top score "GASP!" The horror! This past week of Superman runs I watched as over and over the rest of the team wiped because they had low SP, low arts, and low allies. They blocked, rolled, jumped, and followed the rules and still they wiped. I tanked it all with my DPS thanks to all my lovely, lovely SP.

The point is we want game to stay, then we must deal with the reality that new players want progression that matters, battles they can win without wiping due not to them sucking but due to DCUO having backed themselves into a corner deign wise, and the one I hear the most because of the clamp: "I just don't feel super."

It is weird to take out Perpetua just to turn around and be depowered down to fight Penguin.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

If you didn't come off so arrogant, you might be taken seriously. The fact is the game doesn't need you, you need the game. Your voice is not going to save the game or change it to the way you want. A little humility and compassion can go a long way.
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I can understand why you would think it's unreasonable but this is just one of those things that has to be done for the greater good of the game. I know it seems unrealistic but this is one of the reasons why I fought to try and get a polling system in the game where people could show the Devs what they wanted through numbers based on questions asked to the player community.
  19. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Not arrogance, frustration. Things didn't have to end up the way that they did. Lack of listening to people who wanted well for the health of the overall game is what lead to it's downfall. It's not just me though, plenty of veteran players have tried their hand at getting the devs to see reason but to no avail. These are the consequences of neglecting portions of the community who want to help make the game great again.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol, that's exactly what I'm asking for.