Unofficial Stat Clamp/Omnibus "Outliers" Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bah...Git Gud. Only 3 artis? Should have dropped your supply drop THEN swapped out stone to take advantage of your 4 artis.

Probably didn't even drink a Nitro or up your League proficiencies before taking him on. Noob.;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I didn’t even think of that! I could have used an orbital too! You see, I told you I was blonde!
    • Like x 1
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

I know nothing about Atomic, so i cant say anything about it.
    When i test it, i did it on my main Fire toon. I tried 3 powers: Mass Detonation, Wildfire, Flashpoint.
    Mass Det and Flashpoint, one shot him everytime when hitting a crit.
    Wildfire, damage him for like 99% most of the times when hitting a crit, with an occasionally one shot here and there.

Ill try again later with one of my lower alts and see how it goes.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Ok, went to fight him again. Same as before, no buffs, no PIs, no set ups, nothing. Using only single hit abilities.

Ice toon: 425cr. 120 arts, 219 sp.
    Only with Frost Blast was able to one shot him.
    Other abilities came close, but not one shots. Just Frost Blast.

Water toon: 428cr. 0 arts. 359 sp.
    Dehydrate at 25% did One Shot him. But...technically this is a SC (even tho its not labeled as one), so i wont count it.
    Aqualance and Shark Frenzy were close, but not one shots.

Munitions toon: 423 cr. 0 arts. 101 sp.
    Mini Nuke was very close, but not One Shot.
    50 Cal, sometimes it was a One Shot, and sometimes it was just like 99.5% hit.

With the Water and Muni toons, i think if i had more might (or atleast some arts level), both would be able to One Shot him.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You coulda popped a ST Turret and Krypto/HoL Bot and let your underlings do your dirty work for you. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm beginning to think Atomic isn't a good power to use at all lol
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have a Mother box, that might work?
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've battletanked a lot of no healer VMF runs and while it's common for some if not all other players to have died and be outside the room, it always gets finished without a wipe. Worst case scenario I have to put PDF's in my utility belt to have something to rotate with density so I don't get interrupted hitting the cogs at the end.

On my main in DPS role, no healer runs can be more challenging and there may be a wipes or two. But I can put an extra shield in my L/O and PDF's in my utility belt (3 shields total) and usually carry the group through.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Nonsense. Geiger beam should 1-shot any of those Gotham/Metro open world bounties.
    • Like x 2
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We're talking things that die in seconds so ultimately the answer is "yes". But a ST turret pet like the Lexcorps turret, Anti-Matter Turret or Ensorcelled Gemstone turret would do it faster and, if I say do say so myself, much more satisfyingly.

That's how I always do my stabilizer boss. HoL Bot, Lexcorp turret, weapon tap (to activate combat) and CHILL.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but if it's 'common' for it to be a 1 person run at the end....doesn't that defeat the purpose of running with others? And I mainly referenced myself as tank as that's where generally I know we'll (i.e. Me) get it done. If I'm in on a weaker toon, or straight DPS in a group of DPS's....it can wipe...and most times I'd never accept VMF on those toons unless I'm queuing with some known person.

And the point of that particular note was that when the run was current...once everyone had run it in a few configs a few times SUCCESSFULLY...it got easier as everyone knew the shortcuts and tricks to surviving. Heck, sometimes on the bombs phase I still see people running around trying to disarm/throw the bombs...something that even if done perfect seems like a non help...seeing as you can get both feats without touching a single one. It's arguably worse now...even if the run is technically easier...because you end up with 3 people wipe groups with a battle tank/heal finishing the run if possible.
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I think I used to one shot him with gadgets stealth surprise attack
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Precisely, this is the kind of stuff we are looking for in this thread.

What's also funny about that alert, is that (from what I recall) you were supposed to be able to prevent the breaking of the walls by diverting the bombs. I remember they tried "fixing" it, but eventually just left it as-is I suppose. That entire fight could be worlds better if only that mechanic were working correctly. I've ran that alert hundreds of times, and not once did it ever work.
    • Like x 2
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I had someone say to smash the bombs to divert them. What was it supposed to be?
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Anything at all. From my experience with that alert, even in Save The Universe grind, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing prevented the walls from cracking. As if it was scripted. And from what I recall, it wasn't supposed to be like that, getting rid of the bombs was supposed to have them not crack. I remember them saying they were trying to fix it (or tweaked it or something), but they never seemed to fix it entirely. The walls always break no matter what. This was always the biggest struggle with that instance. At least on Xbox.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Right, but how were people supposed to get rid of them? There are a lot of bombs and only four players with a pretty short timer. Even trying to do as many as I could with my wife, we could only get maybe four at a time with several still remaining.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk, from what I remember we used to get all of the bombs away from the glass a lot, but it did nothing. I would imagine it would only be the ones that are close to it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hilarious. Last night I was in VC with a friend and he was queued for Omni alert....guess what popped? VMF...at last boss...1 hour in...with an 8 man roster at that point. 2 healers and 1 tank + my buddy (also a dps/tank) and he figured he'd give it a shot. 6 or 7 wipes later the tank finally left and someone was calling for disband, but I figured he'd suffered enough and said I'd help out...he went tank...I DPS'ed.

Had to pick up the healer FIVE TIMES as we went through the first few rounds, and finally couldn't get him up during the last turrets phase as I had a DOT on me and forgot to load a shield. I should have flipped to tank for the cores after the other DPS died....but figured I'd have been able to do the cogs...nope. Finally died trying to run the cogs on the cores (that whole mechanic is dirty as you can't really self heal while running cogs)...but we did get all of them in but the last one. My buddy was able to load it and dispatch Lex finally at nearly the 2 hour mark.

Yeah...fun run. Nothing to see here.
    • Like x 2