Proposed Change to Circe’s Mask Artifact for Tanks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GRiMMREAPERx99, Apr 23, 2024.

1. GRiMMREAPERx99 New Player

Circe’s Mask is currently basically unusable in elite content as an ice tank, but it has room for improvement. Currently Circe’s Mask effect is as follows:

Shackles Unleashed
    When your [shield] is broken your incoming healing is increased by [10%/20%/20%/30%] for [4/5/5/6] seconds. Additionally, stun up to [2/2/5/5 enemies].

I believe if the effect of Circe’s Mask was changed to as follows:

Shield strength is increased by [10%/20%/20%/40%]. Additionally when your [shield] is broken receive damage reduction of [0%/10%/20%/40%] for 12 seconds.

With these changes all tank powers would be able to utilize this artifact. Additionally it would solve the problem ice tanks have in elite content since this is power set that relies on shielding specifically. The damage absorption would give ice better survivability once your shield break.
    • Like x 2
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Ice is about shields and needs an update to actually make the shields useful. Oh you just took a big hit, oh ok, there goes your shield. Got ads on ya hitting ya like crazy cause trolls can’t stun them anymore, oh ok, there goes your shield. All shields on cooldown? Tough luck.

Ice tanks needs to be able to utilize its power interaction to actually root enemies and have shields at the same time. We don’t even have an aoe pull besides a fist slam that doesn’t do much. Resonating gale is its only unique power as it’s a variable range aoe pull.

I like ice tanking but yeah, shields need some love and other stuff as well like getting rid of this stupid forward movement when popping reflection while in flight…so annoying. And switch the shield visuals back!! Dammit.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

What if Circe's Mask increased the amount of damage a shield could absorb? I feel like that might fall in between what you are both suggesting.
  4. GRiMMREAPERx99 New Player

Thats why I proposed extra shield strength with the artifact because I’ve used to have the 40% extra shield strength based on your dominance back before the revamp. If you want to be completely honest that’s what I’ve needs back because the way ads and bosses disrespect those shields is egregious. They gave that effect to earth which has the strongest shield in the game but not to the only other power that is shield dependent. Ice is a great power just needs some love
    • Like x 1
  5. GRiMMREAPERx99 New Player

6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So change an existing Artifact that seems to be working well for the sake of one powerset in one kind of content in the game.

Seems a bit excessive to me.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Working well for whom? I have seen more people say not to use Circe's Mask than I have seen promoting it. What are your views? Which content/powers/etc. benefit from the artifact and under what situations?
    • Like x 3
  8. Sollace Well-Known Player

If I've understood the definition correctly, and especially if it's a good one, you need to receive heal for it to really work when you lose a shield, which is ironic for Ice, because it doesn't give itself heal and the only spell that does is frankly uninteresting to use, the artefact itself should give heal.

It's sad to see how the ice tank has been abandoned by the devs and that nothing has been done to refresh it!
    • Like x 1
  9. GRiMMREAPERx99 New Player

Circe’s mask isn’t used by most power sets and it’s for every tank power. Ice just needs it the most. It’s the most abandoned power set