In Progress Superman day raid event not giving reward box

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by kallader, Apr 18, 2024.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Earth 3: The Escape failed to provide the reward box for me today the first run. The second run rewarded the box correctly.
  2. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

rewards are inconsistently appearing..to the point of..I'm not running it as much as planned.
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Just finished up the superman raid and again no superman loot, despite waiting, until after the scoreboard popped, and talking to all the NPC’s.
    • Like x 1
  4. greystar1223 New Player

This is 3 days now that the RAID is not dropping the Superman Boxes.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kestral Committed Player

Completed the raid and alert today. Waited for scorecard, talked to all characters in the raid. the mission did not complete but I did get my reward from defeating final boss.
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I didn't do enough testing on this theory enough to say it's DEFINITELY it, but I think the rewards are tied to faction. For example, if you're a hero and you queue in to Phantom Zone and it's Lex talking at the beginning and end, you won't get credit (per my theory).

I ran Phantom Zone four times in a row without credit but it was a villain run each time. I turned off task force X, got a hero run and got credit. It might have been a coincidence. But it's worth trying and/or further testing.

Try turning off Task Force X and see if that helps.
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It may be tied to faction in that you are more likely to get the reward with one faction vs. the other, but I have played instances with both factions during this celebration, queued into the opposite faction's instance and my faction's instance multiple times, and I have only not received the journal mission reward once. I'm puzzled as to the cause since I did nothing differently that I was aware of yesterday when I did not receive the reward, and I am fairly sure I was in my own faction's raid (hero) when it failed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Clawed Active Player

Ran Doomsday this morning. Stayed for awhile afterwards. It did not give credit for the mission and no reward.
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

I had to run Doomsday four times to eventually get credit. Moreover, if it was tied to faction, that doesn't explain how I ran my hero through the villain version of the 4man and got credit.
    • Like x 1
  10. farm3rb0b Committed Player

They marked this as a not a bug and I think this goes away soon so likely not going to get a fix. For anyone who comes here with this problem, some testing was done in game to figure out how to reproduce this consistently. I don't know why, but queuing as a dual role on a tank seems to be the issue. If anyone in your group is queued as both tank and dps when the duty finder creates the group, that instance now seems to be bugged and no one in the group will get the box at the end. We had our tank just queue as one role and it dropped for us after that run.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That cannot be it, or at least not in its entirety, because I queued today as both roles for the alert and raid. Both times, I was the tank, and I received the box from the journal mission. Is it possible one person queued as a tank and then was put into the instance as damage/any, and that was what broke it? Or are you saying everyone other than me was likely affected?
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Is this even going to be properly addressed by a developer?

Please take a look and please keep us in the loop. Thanks.
  13. vRad Level 30

I think you're onto something here. Playing as a hero, the first time I ran the the raid tonight, I noticed calculator bot was giving instructions. The mission didn't count in the on-duty missions and I didn't put two and two together until reading your post (read it while waiting for 2nd run to pop). The 2nd run had Oracle directing us and it counted. I wasn't entirely disappointed about the first run, still got decent marks, tradable styles, n' things for such a short raid but I understand not everyone has time or interest to run it more than once.
    • Like x 1
  14. AerynDC Developer

While many people were not waiting on the scorecards originally before leaving certain instances, we did discover issues with how the reward boxes were given. This is being worked on for future events like this.
    • Like x 3
  15. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I ran the Doomsday raid with 4 heroes and had no issue, but I ran it with the same villain two times and didn't get credit for the mission or the reward box. I waited for the scorecards both times so doing that doesn't solve the problem. Maybe the solution is don't run the alerts or raids with villain characters.
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

Ran Doomsday through Superman Celebration, got credit but not for Omnibus. Ran Omni, ended up in Doomsday, got Omni cred and Super cred.:confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. marxus Committed Player

I sent in a ticket about not getting the Superman loot box, and was told they would not do anything about it.

Beyond disappointed with the lack of solutions from the Devs.
    • Like x 1
  18. kallader Committed Player

I did a post day 1 of the event to be sure it would be resolve fast then got post put under not a bug right away with no double check because someone think i was not waiting scoreboard when I was then whole week peoples post about same problems and did another post with no answer and now after full week the event is finish and tell us oh yeah got really a problem ? why no one double check the next day to be sure if it was a bug or not instead of waiting after event end ?
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I'm 90% sure it was the faction thing. The missions never failed to complete for me, if I was queuing with a pre-made group, or if the daily was a solo. I did turn off cross-faction when queuing with some of my toons and that also helped. Trouble is - most of my toons are villains and if you turn off Suicide Squad as a villain on EUPC/PS you're just going to wait forever for your raid. So the only practical solution was queuing with a full group. Or queuing by myself and leaving the raid, if I heard hero mentors talking. Or just skipping the raid for the day, because the chances of not getting the loot from some of them were higher than others, for some reason. Kandor Central Tower was particularly bad, while I don't recall missing out on loot in Panopticon, for example. But it could've been just luck, I guess.

Luckily - I only needed to worry about raids. In order to get the alert reward every time - guaranteed - all I had to do was queue and run any Omni raid (which usually was the daily Superman raid anyway and most of them were shorter than the alerts - when PUGing, I'll take a 10min Earth 3 raid over BOP alert any day). In order to get the duo reward - I just fished for the shortest Omni solo. So I celebrated Superman's anniversary by running Joker's Funhouse 10 times a day... :)

Thanks, Devs, for mixing up Omni and Superman Celebration somehow, otherwise I would have missed out on a lot more of the event's rewards... :D
    • Like x 1
  20. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Yeah it was inconsistent for me in terms of getting rewards if I queued for the Superman instance directly, queuing for omni on the other hand always gave me the reward even when it wasn't the Superman instance of the day that popped up. Omni alert gave the raid reward while omni raid gave the alert reward. This faction problem has existed for a while, I remember needing to queue Trigon's Prison on my villain to get the completion for my journal but when I completed the hero version it wouldn't count on my journal.
    • Like x 1