Unofficial Stat Clamp/Omnibus "Outliers" Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Basically, no low old instances should feel like they are "elite" when they are regular omnibus (or e+ when elite). The devs promised targeted adjustments with the stat clamp implementation, and as you have pointed out, have remained silent on the matter ever since (other than Mepps jumping in this thread briefly, ignorantly disregarding the nature of it after). So, I will continue to bring it up and see if there is any instance(s) that can be deemed "too hard" by pugging standards. They would only need slight tweaks to be balanced with the rest, and that's not talking about mechanics (to an extent). For example, again, Clocktower Elite bot phase 1 shorting the group before they can even stun the bots, or the other examples provided in this thread thus far. We can only hope they get looked into.

Bare in mind this is not asking for the content to be made "too easy", or clamp removed, just slightly adjusted for balance.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

BOP: Volcano Mining Facility feels pretty elite without a healer or really strong damage players. If anyone is not cutting it, e.g. most Omnibus/Superman Event groups, it's extremely difficult to complete. In most groups, it feels like a healer is necessary for the poisonous gas phase.

Quote from member of my team: "I hate this superman [content] smh"
    • Like x 3
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, that would totally qualify then for sure
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You are absolutely correct. I was in this mission yesterday, and we could not get past Lex Luther & Battle suite Mark IV. After the 10th try I admit I abandoned the mission. 10 tries are the most I can tolerate.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We managed to get it done without a healer but had a tank. The only reason we succeeded was everyone was on top of revives. Tank went down 2-3 times, everyone else probably 4-5 times, and we finally got the EMP from Catwoman to take out Lex. Took 43 minutes total; 2-3 people abandoned like you did, but they were less patient and left after 2-3 tries. I believe we finished it after 5-6 tries, but I wasn't really counting. I just wanted to see if we could finish it since we came close a couple times before finally succeeding.
    • Like x 1
  6. Some rando Active Player

Back in the day everything, from the level 30 Area 51 all the way up to Paradox Wave was decently difficult, even while having the (back then) highest level gear. These days, they are only (somewhat) difficult when there are no DPS's with leveled artifacts. Devs didn't know how to balance the early game around artifacts, and to make matters a little bit worse, they even removed some mechanics or straight out made them pointless.

Back then doing Sunstone Matrix and hitting the medic's with a range attack(?) made it wipe everyone around it, these days it does not do that anymore. They dumbed down a lot of these old instances when they introduced the clamp and overhauled the Tiers.

Clamp is fine in my opinion. Back when it wasn't there, having a higher CR player come into the instance and basically one shot everything made the game super boring for me (and my friends, which turned them off from the game). How they handled the implementation of the clamp and how they allowed the speed-progressing through the tiers without much challenge or need for exploration, makes all the older content feel pointless, even for new players.
  7. Some rando Active Player

Isn't every raid supposed to feel that way when you're running it without a healer? I'll say the raids that does not feel difficult when ran without a healer are probably the ones that should be fixed.
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

In the famous words of Jack Ryder from Metropolis, “You are wrong”.

This content is EEG content, it should be “easier” than when first launched not harder. Even when it was still in End Game classification, it was easier with all gold level gear than what I experienced yesterday as a clamped fully kitted End Game player. Our tank, bless his heart, was at level in terms of CR, and he tried his best but was always the first to go down.

I believe it is experiences like that which turn players off quicker and than the high CR boogy-man and his one-shot abilities. And in what content were these high CR people able to “one-shot” anything? Were they actually PC players with some mod? I can go to Lil Boh and fight Bizzaro but I have yet to one shot him even as a CR429 with all level 200 arts 450 SP. I don’t struggle against him nor should I.

Half of the enjoyment from this game is progression. I would submit your train of thought would negate the need for progression, and would instead treat progression as a form of gate keeping to the next DLC.
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Many people often feel the need to bring up "the good old days", not taking into account that the gaming community has changed vastly since those days. Especially the MMO community (it is a dying out breed). Many gamers from those days are older now and have less time/patience, and the new/er generation of gamers just flat out don't have the patience to begin with for such style of game. This explains the "dumbing down" of things, as the devs purposely changed the game in this direction over time, as to adjust/adapt/appropriate.

Balance is always going to be needed, and in this case it's in the form of targeted adjustments to make sure every instance and experience flows smoothly.

This thread is not about the clamp, per se, it is about finding instances in the aftermath that are outliers/not working as 100% intended (that they promised to do after implementation). It is also not asking for "major adjustments" that will undermine the point of the clamp, merely small tweaks to keep the content flowing just as smoothly as the other old content (especially if in the same tier or even same episode, one instance should not be astronomically tougher than another if it's not elite or elite+).
    • Like x 2
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Um, BOP: Volcano Mining Facility is an alert... o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

To the highlighted portion: There were very few actual one-shots, but an orbital strike essentially mimicked one back when stat creep/power creep happened. The several hits from an orbital strike when 100-150 CR above content used to annihilate bosses in just a couple seconds. If multiple players were in that range hitting bosses with one, it was less than a second.

You may not one-shot Bizarro today, but that is likely due to changes with CR scaling and stat scaling across content. When Tier 6 was the top tier with episodes, I seem to recall the old bounties being 1-shot by certain abilities or maybe just by the finisher in weapon-mastery.
    • Like x 2
  12. Some rando Active Player

It was in T1 T2 content from back then. When cr progression wasn't as lightning fast as today. Every time I queued there was one high cr player demolishing everything, completing the content in a matter of minutes. Believe me, it was not fun for the new players I was with.

Progression should feel rewarding though. Blazing through the content without much effort does not sound rewarding to me
    • Like x 2
  13. Some rando Active Player

OH. my bad. Thought y'all meant Brimstone.

Yeah, no, that alert is definitely cracked. Not even a healer helps with that broken boss most of the time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Oh but it is! Sometimes when I’ve had a stressful day I love coming home, getting on DCUO and ( now ) having to go to Metro or Gotham and just pounding the living daylights our of NPCs, it helps to vent, and I love feeling powerful. I get my enjoyment from this game or at lease I did, from being powerful and invincible against the old foes who were too powerful for me to handle when I was new to the game. But I digress… sigh

BOP: Volcano Mining Facility needs to be looked at by the devs for appropriate adjustments to be made. It should not be as difficult as it currently is now. It was much easier when in End Game classification.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One thing where Omni/EEG suffers where it was better when 'current' is that not everyone knows how to do things in the best way possible. Last time I was in VMF without a heal, I was tanking and made sure to have Supes/Lex fighting in front of the Cold window that was due to break next on the 3rd round of turrets (Hot broke on the 2nd round). We destroyed 2 turrets and supes was in position to seal the breech, so the damaging gas was only really on for a few seconds....vs if you fight him on the other side of the room...you'll be cooked before he can slowly fly across the room.

This was something we'd do normally on no heal runs when the content was current. Unless the tank knows now...you'll never see it in a random Omni run and most groups will die and have to hope pickups are 100% on point. This is one of those instances where even if the stats say it's 'easier' in EEG....it isn't because it's likely 'new' to most players and you get killed during the learning curve.
    • Like x 4
  16. Some rando Active Player

Yeah I get you completely! I play Pirate Warriors 4 and Hyrule Warriors when I have that urge, but I can see how bursting down ads and bosses in this game would also have that same effect. That's awesome.
    • Like x 1
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

This got me curious, and i went to Lil Boh and see if he is one shottable. No buff, no PI, or any kind of set up. Only using single hits abilities, no DoTs, no multi hits.
    He can go down in a single hit, if it crits. But still depends on what ability is used. Some do One shot him when crit, and some just took like 99% of his health.
    If no crit, depending on the ability used, he can stil have 10-40% health left.

Anyways...nothing important or relevant to this thread, just some silly test while i wait for the Q to pop in.
    • Like x 3
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Now I’m going to have to go to Lil Boh when I get home and see if I can one shot hit him because it has taken about three hits for me to ko him. I’m atomic dps.
    • Like x 2
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Speaing of EEG, stats, etc. I blocked a bit in my run of this content, and I didn't notice the healing effect take place that usually helps in Omnibus content. Most Omnibus content, I can see my health bar slowly go up even without blocking, but it is noticeably stronger when blocking. Makes me wonder if BOP: Volcano Mining Facility is working properly with the role-less/EEG buff.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Ok, I went back to Lil Boh, found Bizarro, and it took 3 hits with superpowers to take him down. CR429 all 3 level 200 arts 450 SP.
    • Like x 2