Up-Votes Needed Acrobatic Movement

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Owlman 2, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Acrobatic movement mode has been very slow for the last 7 months. It feels like there is a pile of bricks on your back when trying to run right away. Thank you for your time.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Do you play on a controller or keyboard?
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Which system are you playing on (PC? Playstation 4? Playstation 5? Xbox One? Xbox Series? Nintendo Switch?) And which Server are you on (US or EU?)

Just in case you're on the US PC & Playstation Server, I'll load up one of my Acrobatic characters and see if I notice any difference.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, I took 2 of my Acrobatics characters out for a bit, 1 Hero, and 1 Villain. Took them out and about around the Hall of Legends, the Watchtower/Hall of Doom, and around Metropolis. Everything worked as normal with the Acrobatics Movement Mode, no lag, no slowdown compared to normal, nothing.

So, sadly, on the US PC & PS Server, I was not able to duplicate this. I'm running the game on my Asus ROG Strix Scar 18 (2023) with a Mobile Geforce 4090 GPU, so my system performance most likely exceeds what's necessary to run the game well. My internet connection is a Verizon Fios 1 Gig connection, but on WiFi I'm getting more in the 300-400 mbps range, which should still be plenty to run the game well.

Sorry I couldn't duplicate it. Hope someone else can help you figure this out.
  5. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Controller.
  6. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

US, PS.
  7. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Thank you for your time. If you can, try to run a duo or an alert. The open world seems fine but when in an instance it is very slow. Have to lunge to keep up. Other people have also noticed this.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok so I use to have the same issues on my Acrobatic character before I realized the joystick on my controller was jammed. What I did was very very carefully but firmly pull the joystick up until it pops back into place. I eventually had to buy a whole new controller because my old one would continuously jam up and I would have to pop it back into place.
    • Like x 1
  9. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman thought the same exact thing. On the Ps4 it was very hard to run. Bought 2 new controllers Same thing. Switched to the PS5 and still the same problem. League mates are saying the same thing. We all bought new controllers. Thank you for your reply.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Are you running the PS4 Client, or the new PS5 one? :confused:

Granted, the new PS5 Client is buggy as hell, but I'm wondering if there's any difference between the 2 in this regard. Could this be a Playstation specific issue? :confused:
  11. vRad Level 30

My main is acrobatics. It sounds like you may be describing the slow-down of movement mode while in combat? It's annoying but always been that way, at least since Aug '22 when I picked the game back up. The zipline often compensates if I'm not grounded. I am on US PS4. As an aside, flight is slowed horrendously in combat. So bad I often end up toggling movement off and walking on my flight toons. I wish the slow down wasn't as pronounced on either movement, though.
    • Like x 1
  12. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Thank you. That is exactly what The Badguy is typing about.
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh, yeah, that's always been annoying, and As Far As I Know, it's on all platforms. We have all these Movement Mode Powers, including Attacks, but the movement itself is slowed way down, as if the enemy has a "tractor beam" on you pulling you back. And then there's the ridiculous amount of enemies that Ground flyers. Such a pain in the backside! :mad:
    • Like x 2