Optional Stay Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BathroomPapi, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's fine, as it was only a suggestion. I'd be open to any version of it as long as there is an option of any sort. I only suggested prerequisites to prevent new players accidentally unclamping and having "their experience ruined". Plus it fits into the lore better because you'd be "going back in time when stronger" after prior beating the content "as it's meant".
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's precisely one example I was getting at. However; the only exception/difference is those instances have mechanics added along with the difficulty shift, and clamped/unclamped is merely just stat parameters/cap difference.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

The community In This game is not large enough to support a clamped and unclamped choice .
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's why I'd rather see a separate list of runs in a separate menu. No 'accidental' entry by a single click. The additional menu would look slightly different, or maybe at the bottom of the screen, you could have a 'I understand this is unclamped....' checkbox you'd have to click before selecting any single run (remember...you go in with your group as is....so you'd be clicking that every time).
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

People keep saying that, and it may be partially true, but the community wasn't large enough to even handle the clamp in the first place. The players who don't want to partake in clamped content (either by choice or completed everything already) already don't, so there technically wouldn't be much difference. Omnibus would still be the same, and the only way to get rewards. Feats are just a bonus, I personally don't think it matters how they are obtained.
  6. Chilontius Level 30

I love clamp
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hey, don't steal my disclaimer "proceed at your own risk" idea lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed. We should remove the clamp.:D
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lamp? You love lamp?
    [IMG]
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I only threw that in over your concerns. Personally....I'm fine with some shnook solo queuing DME and figuring out the card game by himself, then realizing he can't run 5 cogs at the end for those sweet sweet robins he figured he'd get easy.
    • Like x 1
  11. InfernoShark New Player

Truth be told if people are still whining about stat clamp after all this time, they were never good at the game to begin with and have failed at adapting over time. PERIODT!
  12. MattHattr New Player

Personally hate clamp. Smacks of aristocracy and classism. Work hard, save, get training and improve yourself to advance in life and some **** "born to it" gets to tell you to know your place. "You are a dirt eater, was always a dirt eater and will die a dirt eater, F your attempts to not be a dirt eater.....Mwahahahaha." As his gang of thugs holds you down *stomps your face into the mud* .

The whole point of working to improve your character is to be able to USE your character, its the reward for your sweat. Clamp is like saving and sacrificing for a sports car and being told you can't ever enjoy it as a sports car, enjoy the dump truck experience.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't get it twisted, they ain't my concerns lol! But yeah I understand.

Comparing the stat clamp to a dump truck has gotta be the best example I've seen yet. It's just perfect and makes almost too much sense.
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, it takes a real skilled player to run an instance that takes 60 minutes 250 times.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....you gotta 'get gud' to do that 'rouges round robin' feat. Or collect 127 busted bots in return to Nexus. Grrrr...WOOF WOOF ....SKILLS!

And I like how you used the French spelling of Period with the ever ignored silent T at the end. Classy!
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*sigh*

Why do people keep trying to use Steam numbers? They don't take into account players on the other platforms that DCUO can be played on, not to mention that they don't even take into account all PC players because you don't need Steam to play DCUO.

You just can't get anything near an accurate reading when the information being used is so limited/incomplete.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True... But you you really think it's much more than that? Hell, quadruple and add it for each platform and it's still majorly under.

Or are non-steam players miraculously 20,000 more people? :p
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I honestly don't know, but I can at least acknowledge that I won't be able to know. Any window we can look through when it comes to the game population is, to me, the equivalent of trying to look through a bathroom ventilation window. Yet people sometimes think it's the size of a large bay window that allows you to see everything in front of you.

Steam numbers or what we might see in a particular zone (even the House of Legends) will never be indicative of the actual numbers in terms of the game's active population, because what we see there isn't going to reflect what's going on in other parts of the game or on other platforms. So to me, it's a fool's errand to even try to estimate the game population because there's no way we as players can ever know.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Naturally, but could you really sit there and pretend that it is astronomically higher than perceived? I guess you could, glass being half-empty and half-full and whatnot. However, on smaller populated servers, we don't need numbers and statistics to clearly show the consistent population decline over time. Something needs to be done, because quite honestly I'm not trying to be negative here, I really hope the game can pick up again and build upon the greatness and potential it deserves.
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s not meant to be an accurate number for either value…but it gives you a view of each thru the same imperfect lens (relative comparison).

[IMG]

Of course it’s open to criticism as well.

Btw - I play both on PS5…so neither include me.
    • Like x 1