Still waiting!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrK, Apr 16, 2024.

1. MrK Active Player

Hello there dev team.

I'm wondering when our promised graphic update is coming??
  2. Ryll Committed Player

What graphic update?
    • Like x 3
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They've never said anything about a graphic update, let alone "promising" one.

A few years ago Enad Global 7 mentioned one on a quarterly investor info graph and rampant speculative rumors spread like a wildfire from there.
    • Like x 5
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... it was mentioned in a EG7 document.

Whether they promised it or not is besides the point....
    it was in the plans at some point....
    Now plans can change..... and obviously plans DID change....
    But people did not make it up..... it was mentioned wayyy back when.

There was also a Lord of the Rings Online Remaster that was announced towards the end of 2020...
    which was later cancelled.

At the time... the EG7 stocks were rising....
    It went as high as 122.50 SEK Dec 23 2020.

Probably when they started planning/discussing a Graphics Update for DCUO as well as the LotRO Remaster??

But their stock crashed in 2021.....
    and then the Graphics Update became only a "Rumor".....

...and later the LotRO Remaster was straight up Cancelled.
    They realized it would cost $30M for a LotRO Remaster.... and had no intention to invest that much in a LotRO Remaster.
    Heck.... when they cancelled the LotRO Remaster....
    they probably no longer had the $30M needed to invest on the game anyway.

The EG7 stocks are at 13.36 SEK April 16 2024.
    Quite a drop from 122.50........ :oops:

And to answer the OP......

It is not going to happen.

The EG7 value was quite high when they probably were planning on the Graphics Update......
    Also when they were planning the Largest Expansion for 2023....
    But now?? no longer.

There is no way they would invest in a Graphics Update for DCUO now.
    Heck they are probably doing everything they can to cut down on cost as much as they can at this point......

Which would explain in part
    the Layoffs
    7+Months with no new DLC.
    The latest Booster Bundle
    And More!!!

They are trying to cut down on cost....
    While at the same time being more aggressive in monetizing the game.
    Including the Shaded Comic in the 20 BBs pack
    Adding the Wolfpack Artifacts at $100
    FOMO with the Noir Comic Material in the MP
    And More!!!

They are being more aggressive in monetizing the game....
    while giving us less and less content.

So in the end.... we pay more..... for less content. :(

Hopefully.... that will change with the next DLC???

Guess we will know soon enough. :oops:
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

An EG7 investor presentation isn't the same thing as a Dimensional Ink announcement. I'm not gonna go in to the reasons why, I will just say people should always take information from public holding companies intended for investors (whether directly or indirectly) with a HUGE grain of salt.

Money makes the world go 'round. You can fight the man, you can fight the power but you can't fight that cheddah...
    • Like x 6
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Completely agree with the highlighted portion above. I was on the sour end of a deal where we were providing updates to a company we contracted with. We were by no means near an end product, but the company we were contracting with was spinning our updates to investors to show that we nearly had a complete system for them to work with. They used that information to leverage another company into taking over the product, and our contract came to a close with many of us being laid off.

Those reports are used in whatever way best benefits the company with its investors in the long run. There is likely some truth to them, but the direction the company chooses to go from there can change substantially depending on what provides the most return.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Even Mepps said multiple times that there was no graphic update:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Final Fantasy XIV is getting the graphical update this July with the release of Dawnbreaker.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryll Committed Player

I love that you fill your posts with nothing you know a single thing about.

Most of what you posted is nothing but speculation.

The post you quoted said the same exact thing you did, with no speculation.

Mepps pointed out on several occasions that it was never in the cards.
    • Like x 4
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He has to drum up views for his channel somehow.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Heck, they couldn't even follow through with the "New System" they had planned on the timeline in which turns out was to be in favor of Cross-Faction Grouping. The entire idea went into the wind when the devs working on it left. And that's really sad because I strongly feel it's important and needed, let alone messing with the graphics.
    • Like x 3
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

At this point, just be grateful another DLC is “promised” for May lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I think the takeaway here is whatever EG7 says in investor meetings shouldn’t be taken for any value really. I think however long DCUO is up most players now will never really trust DI/Daybreak/EG7 ever again given the abysmal lack of communication from them AND their disappointing efforts on making this game fun and entertaining. It’s sad but it’s mostly now just a wait and see if anything will ever work out on this game again. Given this last PS5 “update” I’m surprised we’ll even get a new episode next month. I’m not holding my breath here. We are way past the middle of April now with no teaser or anything on that too. So yeah. I hate the fact I was so naive to think we had things to hope for in this game but now I’m tired of being fooled. I’m just not trusting anything this studio says until I see it in front of me. That’s that.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree. The new leadership has a lot of trust to rebuild with this gaming community, and probably with their own staff. I don’t know, we’ve experienced some dark times here. We need some hope.
    • Like x 2
  16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

i think ur on the wrong game forms XD
    • Like x 1
  17. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Warframe had their graphical update last month. And I'm amazed. It looks ps5/current gen looking. Looking just as good as PC
    • Like x 1
  18. M3RCURY97 New Player

The game is in transition. There's a lack of players and community. At this point newbies aren't coming in. And if they are they most ain't making it past tier 2 without quitting. The game is too long without a catch up system. Heck the story to level 30 is grindy, and has little or no interaction woth the community. The counts are way to high, it takes alot of hours just to be able to play with an average raid group. With the hurdles of entry into this game... not many will make it and join the community and contribute to ques. As time goes Veteran players leave. Any mmo requires a steady influx of new players to survive. Most players now have little skill, knowledge, skillpoints, low arts, for servers to be filled with content being available to pug. Right now dcou is a ghost town and probably will remain so until entry into this game isn't gate kept by a solo story that is long winded and stale and leaves newbies asking where the @#%! Is everyone at.
    • Like x 3
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Gosh...
    They were so hopeful back then... 2 years ago.... the future looked bright... 2 years ago...

I wonder if anything happened 2 years ago that took those expectations and dashed them to pieces on the ground?:cool:
    • Like x 3
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Hey!! Who turned the skill floor back on ?