Episode Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Just wondering if Episode Augments' perks stack. For example, if you have two JLD:Cursed Augments equipped, does the perk that grants you a 25% chance for bonus contribution when completing tasks become 50%? What about the Increased chance to get OP items, is that doubled if you have two augments equipped when you open loot boxes? Speaking of which, what is the increased chance for OP items? Is it 5%, 10%, 50%? I don't think I've seen it mentioned what the percentage increase is.
  2. Grip Committed Player

Yup, add em up :) Also, good second question; now I'm curious, too.

Edit- The bonus contribution math would take more nerdbrain than I use while gaming, but the additional gear options, decreased damaged percentage, increased marks in content and less stomps to leave demon form in NUe, etc show us the pattern that they stack.
    • Like x 1
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The op loot drops each augment is 1.50% so with 2 augments you get a 3% rng drop rate. 3% drop rate is the highest you can get in the game for anything RNG related to loot drops. As far as the stacking goes with defense they do stack which is why the clamp hits so hard for people when this stuff gets to be early and game content. They make the content around assuming everybody has Max augments and then they adjust the enemies accordingly to the augments and they build the content around the augments of that episode. Everybody assumes they are gaining a boost in stats when there's actually a clamp involved in every episode even endgame based on your overall base stat. Which is why you do not want to be running early endgame content with randoms
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They definitely stack. There's always a noticeable difference in OP item drops when I get my 1st augment to that point and another noticeable difference when I get the 2nd one. Anytime I hear someone complaining about OP item drop rate, the first thing I ask is if their augments have been leveled to that point and the answer is usually "no".

For that reason I always say it's worth it to splurge on the way overpriced augment catalysts at the beginning of a DLC just to at least unlock that benefit. You end up getting a lot of that money back once you max out your OP item and transition to selling them several weeks earlier. Not only do you obviously end up selling more over time but you're taking advantage of an earlier point in the depreciation slide.

As for the contribution for JLDC? I didn't even notice until I decided to start doing 52 every week on my farming toons which I don't bother leveling augments for. I was like "holy f*** this takes forever!!!!" Then the next time I did it on my real toons I actually paid attention to the number on the right and sure enough, at least half the time I got a double count and sometimes a triple.
    • Like x 2
  5. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The way that I normally would level up my augments previously was to wait for the double augment bonus weeks, then level up as many augments to the increased OP item drop rate, which would allow me to have more characters either get maxed OP items or at least a really high level.

However, those bonus augment weeks never seem to come around anymore, so I can't get as many augments to that increased chance level. So the reason I was wondering about the augment stacking and what the actual percentage was for the increased chance for the OP item drops was because of what is the best way to level up augments. Is it better to have more characters with one augment levelled to the level 20 or less characters with both augments levelled to at least 20? Still trying to figure that out.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It really depends on how your playtime is spread amongst them and even consider how often you play support vs DPS. I'm someone who typically has calculated all the odds and cost/benefit ratios of everything I do and have everything down to a science. But I still try and gauge how often my league or friends will need me to DPS vs troll on my main or tank on my alt when deciding where to direct my head augment resources. DPS is usually the better move since I DPS solos/duos 100% of the time and probably alerts 80%-90% of the time. But there have been some episodes where it seems like I was always trolling or tanking in raids.

Also, you can use exobytes from the three previous dlc's by feeding them in to their respective DLC augments and then feeding those augments in to the new ones. The oldest of the 3 you would have to do this twice, the first time being prior to the new DLC launch. Obviously you only get 50% xp and only 25% for the oldest. But if you play this game regularly and save them you tend to have a lot by the time a new DLC rolls around, especially so with the recent slower pace of DLC releases.

If you do that, the augment xp mostly ceases to be the bottleneck. It's really just the catalysts that you're waiting on drops or splurging DC cash on. So augment xp bonus weeks aren't really all that helpful anyway.

This is one of the main reasons I always try and roll in to a new DLC with at least $1B and a bunch of exo's from the previous 3 dlc's. It's worth paying the crazy premium prices on the broker to get head augs to the extra drop rate point ASAP. Like I said, you get a good chunk of that money back by fast-tracking to the selling phase. But obviously you have to have the cash up front to do it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as I've seen, some do...some don't. The 'bonus contribution' does...I've run 2 toons in the same group, one with 2 head augs at level, one with only one aug there...and the contributions don't match up...so the 2 aug person gets more credit for the 2nd one.

The +% stat bonuses don't...at least on each other (i.e. stack). The bonus is applied to your adjusted base stats individually per aug...added together if you have 2. So a 20% bonus to might if you had 100K might and 2 augs would get you 140K (100+20+20) not 144K (100+20=120+24=144).

Other things like damage mitigation do seem to stack though, like the madness reduction in SGE. There is a noticeable difference when wearing 2 augs at level vs 1...vs none...with the madness damage ticks.

And no...there seems to be no mentioned % increase for the OP food/cats. I do think each aug adds the chance though, as I've scored 3 OP foods off one green daily box before when wearing 2 augs at level. So whatever the chance is...it seems like the die is rolled per aug + your base chance (pretty low on green boxes most times).
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For me the cats are the hard to get thing...not the exo/foods. Of course that's where an alt army comes in. I do something similar with waiting though as I'll funnel everything from all alts to 1 toon in order to get 2 of his augs up to the 'bonus OP' level (20? this time around if I recall)...and will only then will start opening daily/weekly reward boxes for the increased chances of OP drops.

Once I start opening the boxes, I'll get 1 aug on that toon to max for the feat, then pass drops to the next toon who will have another few days of daily/weekly boxes stocked up for when HIS augs hit the 'bonus OP' level. I repeat that through 7 or 8 alts till I'm at the same level, then will double back to the first alt to max augs. Generally by the time I'm opening boxes on toon 8, he's sitting on 80-100 daily boxes to open.

I generally knock out 4 or 5 OP items this way, never having to buy more than the catalyst you MUST buy at the vendor, and have enough OP stuff to sell and make some money.
    • Like x 2