recommendations of things to put on my utility belt

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Master Wildfire, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Master Wildfire New Player

Hi all,
    I have a fire AOE dps build. I recently came back to the game and slowly been building my character back up. In the past couple of weeks I have gone from CR 110 to CR 230. As I keep leveling I am starting to become more unhappy with what is on my utility belt. The main thing I want to keep is the trinket that gives me a might boost. What recommendations of other things that I should shoot for? I am trying to pick things that allows me to use each item and I am leaning toward avoiding consumables items.
  2. Grip Committed Player

Welcome back and congrats on your progress. Might trinket is a good call imho. Position it to easily clip from rsk (of you use it); you may be surprised how useful that can be to rsk's stability when summoning it in combat. Otherwise, be as greedy and prepared as you can afford to be. Have a set of henchmen, an orbital strike, a strong mobile pet, a solid single and multi-target turret and a supply drop available to plug in as you see fit.

The Egg guy in HoL, the broker and your base generator and dispenser can help you get going. For visual fun, the Lava Eruption and Sixth Dimensional Heat Vision orbitals and the Juvenile Phoenix pet work well with fire, but fair warning, the bird is very squawky of that's a concern. Long story short- Winter is coming, so stock up, fam.
  3. Master Wildfire New Player

This is my issue at the moment though. I am so overwhelmed by the choices Idk where to begin. I also noticed that if I use certain trinkets or items, it doesnt allow me to use other items at the same time (I learned this the hard way when I had two might trinkets equipped and couldnt figure out why I couldnt use both. I will definitely look up the ones you suggested though as a starting point but willing to take more ideas.
    • Like x 1
  4. Grip Committed Player

Yeah those buff trinkets share a cooldown, so more than 1 is unnecessary. Same for multiple orbitals, supply drops, henchmen/backup, sidekicks, or "pets" (anything available from the Egg Head vendor guy or seasonal events you can summon to help in combat). The big exception coming from the Oct event, but that's a niche conversation at best. Sorry for being unclear before about loading up on stuff. I only meant that your 4 utility belt slots are like your 6 loadout slots as far as it being OK to have more options than you can use at once. Take care and I hope you get the info you need :)
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. Might Buff Trinket with the highest item level
    2. Orbital Strike Uplink Device (any) - they all have the same base damage
    3. Supply Drop (any) - buffs damage as well as heals and restores power
    4. Tier 3 Pet - any non-turret pet, all the Tier 3 pets do around the same damage

You might be tempted to collect Henchmen or a Sidekick, don't. Very disappointing damage compared to Tier 3 pets. Turret pets are good for fast single target damage but are unreliable if you are out of range or it targets the wrong thing. Do not buy Tier 3 pets from the Chang Tzu vendor. A lot of tier 3 pets reward a feat when you collect them as drops or from the broker, the pets in the Chang Tzu vendor do not reward a feat and you end up wasting hundreds of marks.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

What Lorax said is pretty spot on. One thing he forgot to mention is that there are also AOE turret pets which also do higher damage for 12s but less damage overall but are a cone AOE instead of single target.

As for pets, contrary to the popular belief that the motherbox is the strongest, all Tier 3 turret pets are identically coded as far as their damage so you can pick whichever one you like most cosmetically.

For precision/weapon based DPS, another great option is the OMAC form trinket which increases critical hit chance by 5% for 30s. It can be obtained from the Dr. Fate vendor in the House of Legends. If you're a precision DPS and using this, be sure to stagger this with the DPS buff trinket as they overwrite each other. If you're a might DPS, it does nothing for you so don't use it.

The only henchmen really worth using damage wise are the Lexcorps Security Henchmen as they apply a very strong defense debuff that significantly increases all damage done to the enemy they're attacking. But unless you have $80M* to spend on them or are running the Volcano Mining Facility alert a ton of times, odds are they won't be an option for you. There are some henchmen that can block/pin bosses and restrict their movement due to the size of the henchmen and their melee range combat, but that's more advanced stuff you shouldn't be concerned with at this point.

* Average price on the US PC/PS server. EU, Xbox and Switch are likely waaaay cheaper.
    • Like x 1