New power set Wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ActionGamerXX, Apr 8, 2024.

1. ActionGamerXX New Player

Hello everyone. Today I’ve made my DCUO Power set wishlist last month. We’re going to send a message to DCUO Devs if they can give us a chance to make new powers this year.

1. Experimental Serum (Tank)
    2. Mind Control (Controller)
    3. Vampire (Healer)
    4. Mirror (Controller)
    5. Elasticity (Iconic)
    6. Shadow (Controller)
    7. Love (Star Sapphire) (Healer)
    8. Parasitic (Healer)
    9. Chemical (Healer)
    10. Power Armor (Tank)
    11. Wind (Controller)
    12. Comedy (Iconic)
    13. Necromancy (Controller)
    • Like x 3
  2. BathroomPapi Level 30

No to 2,3,9,10,12.

Half of these can easily be the same thing.
  3. Ryll Committed Player

You know that the devs have posted about powersets taking up a lot of time they could be making new content right? When water was released there was a drought for episode content.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A content drought? You mean like the past 3 years.
    • Like x 1
  5. ActionGamerXX New Player

They need to do the right job to give us new powers. They need more developers for DCUO. We should protest them. Remember the Experimental Serum wasn't released back in 2010's? Of course they did! No more lay-offs, no more cancellations, no more!
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

We need a more robust setup for gadgets like the OP stated power armor more of a cybernetic tech assault suit armor like iron man and less like throwing pellets and grenades like gadgets powered which is more like batman. I'd also like to see a kryptonian powered. Of gadgets was intended to be barman why wasn't there a kryptonian set instead of us having to grab iconic powers and make out own.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

6 years of people asking for all of this almost regularly, best of luck to you that they change their minds in the 7th (and from your thread ^-^)!

Edit: Btw, that's the only reason I "laugh reacted" your FB post, is because it's been crickets here on the forum for years (even though they tell us to come here with suggestions). It's a great idea, they just don't seem to care. They refuse to add more powers because they "can't make profits from the amount of time/resources invested" from them. Shrug.

It's not you, it's them. The higher-ups looking at dollar signs on graphs.

Welcome to the party.
  8. ActionGamerXX New Player

They're so selfish!
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*shrug* It's just business, really. No company worth it's salt is going to put money into something that isn't going to bring in more money or possibly even cover the costs of making it.

You've got an uphill battle ahead of you when they've got all the data, including how much it costs to make the power sets and how much money they made off of them.
    • Like x 1
  10. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

not as easy as you think

-animations
    -Balancing
    -testing
    -feedback

All gottta go into the power. Given the current meta and how awful 50% of the powers are at the moment.. I dont think it will be "balanced"
    • Like x 1
  11. ActionGamerXX New Player

Well they need 90% or 100%.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

You can tell OP has been around for a while, he knows what Experimental Serums was going to be.

I am curious to know what the devs have planned for us. They started adding new "powers" via artifacts and they've said they wanted to expand the iconics tree with more options. Let's see where we are going after they all settle in.
    • Like x 4
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

FTFY. ;)
  14. Sollace Well-Known Player

All MMORPGs are capable of adding new powers/classes except DCUO, which is strange, especially as we've got a new team now, perhaps more skilled at it? or have artefacts made this studio lazy? The community is demanding a new power !

Anyway, my list of new powers:

Controller: rune magic/incantation (Constantine inspiration)
    Controller: wind/lightning power (Tornado inspiration)

Tank: lantern (simpler than Rage)
    Tank: Metal

Heal: Blue lantern
  15. Ryll Committed Player

Sure, go ahead and start the protest. Your declaring does absolutely nothing aside from showing how entitled you are.
  16. Ryll Committed Player

The game does have the ability to add more powers. They have said in the past they aren't worth it because of the delays that would be extended inbetween episode releases. Demanding a new power does nothing aside from showing how entitled you are.
  17. Chilontius Level 30

necromancy, blood, and tbh more iconic powers
    • Like x 1
  18. Kryptostar New Player

Give me Blue Lantern and Violet Lantern powerset, and I am happy!
    • Like x 1
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

At this point I'd rather they refreshed the sfx on the current powers and performed a pass on powers that aren't used Much in each tree.
    • Like x 2
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They could also just add new iconic powers.

Give us Omega Beams and other visions based powers so we could make a hero that only uses those

Add Freeze Vision and Heat Breath

Add more canary cry powers. A single target and Burst option.

Add exploding batarangs and gas pellets for a more batman centered ability.

add a power that has us swing a steel beam to emulate super strength

This way they add bits and pieces and not have to make an entire power set.
    • Like x 2