The artefact upgrade system needs to be completely overhauled in order to be fairer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

Although I have to concede that this has been eased over time, the system for upgrading an artifact needs to be reviewed in order to be more player friendly.

Because if we look closely, we are strongly encouraged to spend 3 times at the checkout for UP an artifact,

1) to reach level 200.
    2) ensured the transition to the next rank.
    3) more recently wolfpack.

We know that arriving around level 160, the procedure is totally designed to slow the upgrade of the artifact to level 200, this slowdown is very restrictive to be able to take care of the other artifacts, very numerous now, then of course, tips have been given and a bonus x2 allow a faster upgrade, but only here, this bonus takes a lot of time to come (this long moment of absence for this vent leaves room for many suspensions) and even more now if this event has to follow the new DLC frequency per year.

This over-monetization around artifacts must be rethought, I’m not saying, that there should no longer be any, I’m just saying that it should be more flexible for the player. In addition, the artifact swap requires many artifacts to become effective in any role, a system that annoys many players.
    • Like x 1
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

agreed wish the artifact system was more like the omnipotent piece system
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Artifacts and allies are the reason why the game is free to play. They did a huge overhaul on the free-to-play aspect of DC Universe not long ago and it was because of the huge success of artifacts and allies monetization. You will not be seeing anything changed about artifacts as far as it being easier for you in fact it was so successful the only thing that's going to chnage going forward is a 70% clampnto all arts and a new system called the artifact tree alot like skill point tree. I truly believe that's what's in the pipeline next because artifacts are an extreme money making machine. Artifacts make so much money in fact the game is free to play because of it. it's completely obvious we're getting more slots very shortly to adress the artifact swaping problem and make money off of it while doing so
  4. Some rando Active Player

This is very much true. The only time I ever dished straight $100 in this game was to level my arts. That was 3 years ago, but still.
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

Just know what you ask for...They can get far more aggressive with monetization. I rather this system over anything else. The whales and those who want to be on the cutting edge of progression/booster bundles will purchase stuff to level their artifacts and whatnot and keep the ever insatiable gaze of monetization looking away from other parts of the game
    • Like x 2
  6. Some rando Active Player

Yup and I still think this system is good enough as is. Getting 3 arts to 80 is basically free and getting them to 120 requires lots of grinding. anything above 120 I think is pay to win though. Only thing I would prefer is if they made it easier to reach rank 120 on arts or make the rank 80 version of arts a bit better. all-in-all I paid a $100 three years ago and are am still satisfied with the performance of my arts to this day.

I'd still prefer they charge for individual DLC than rely solely on making money through artifacts. But hey, decisions were made and going back to that way of making profit is not possible anymore for this game with all the (free) content that is out.
  7. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

#WHALESLIVESMATTER
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can get to 160 pretty easily. Now that we have seals from Dr Fate and SM is basically limitless for breakthroughs, getting 160s across the board is basically a no-brainer.

200s though? Yeah...going to need to heavy grind...get that ever elusive 2x week we haven't seen for a year....or spend the $$.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sollace Well-Known Player

I've got nothing against the fact that it's possible to use real money to progress certain things more quickly, but to use 3 monetizations phases on one element is clearly a commercial abuse!
  10. the solowing Unwavering Player

I got 3 160s, it feels like I hit a brick wall. Doing mine the free way
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just hit 200 on an artifact on an alt. Never cost me a bean. Bought a Seal of Completion from Fate with a daily reward token for the final breakthrough, and Preservations from him as required for the previous ones, and that was it. Basically went from 0-200 over the course of the current episode.

So NOT working as intended in my case, since they got no money out of me beyond my sub.
    • Like x 2
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing i would love to see is having the R80 effect granted at R0.
    It would mean you have less progress between 0 and 120, but actually gives players an idea of what the artifact does straight away and boost the performance of new players by roughly 20% if they chose artifacts that make sense.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...other than some XP bought very early(maybe 200K worth) on in their existence...and seals before they were available in Dr Fate...all mine have been free.

200s are nice, but 160s are very workable. I've never told anyone it's worth spending the money on getting that last hump done.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never said it wasn't. Honestly I don't hold this one against them except the fact that they seem to have stopped 2x weeks. I get making them random, I get they are more interested in selling wolfpacks but the 2x weeks were a payoff for those who would forgo months of 'progress' for the bonus.

They should just say if they are stopping the practice or have one ASAP to put the idea to rest.
    • Like x 1
  16. BathroomPapi Level 30

Sadly I think that if given the chance Daybreak will only make the art system worse. As bad as it is now, leave it be.
    • Like x 1
  17. KidKretz Committed Player

i think the artifact system is perfectly fine.

it hits the right amount of f2p mixed with paying.

for a f2p game, this part is exactly how its done