Will we ever see a decent Tank Ally?...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Apr 7, 2024.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

It feels like Tanks really don't get the love with Allies. It's easy enough mechanics to play with.. shields, pulls, health, and dom... So far, I see people running Poison Ivy for the shield Innate, Superman, and honestly... it really like that's about it... Here's a SUGGESTION...

Ally: Amazo

Summoned Attack: Enemy Analysis. Amazo scans the enemy
    When summoned Amazo Deals X AOE damage in a circle of him, and stuns the enemy

Passive 1: Adapt and overcome.
    Using a Pull ability increases your defense by X% (I'll let you math nerds argue over numbers ;) ) for 10 seconds effect can stack up to 3 times. 30 second cooldown.

Passive 2: Logical Evolution.
    When you breakout of a control effect, you increase healing received by X% for you and your group for a short period.

OR...

Ally: Vixen

Summoned Attack: Aspect of the Tiger.
    When summoned, Leaps into the enemy causing single target damage and knocks them to the ground.

Passive 1: Aspect of the Wolf.
    After using a super charge ability, attacks made by your group have an X% increase critical hit chance for 5 seconds.

Passive 2: Aspect of the Elephant.
    When you use Shield ability there is a chance to heal yourself equal to X% of the strength of the shield. 30 second cooldown at max level.

NOTE... these are NOT definite, these merely suggestions so Tanks can get some love :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Lex says "hi"
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Future Lex is probably the best one. How you gonna leave him out??? Zatanna ain’t too shabby either especially since she can pull double duty for DPSing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sollace Well-Known Player

Have you forgotten Superman?
    There are quite a few allies offering tank support
  5. Ryll Committed Player

Please read posts.

He mentioned Supes in his first paragraph.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Would prefer if they did power set specific tanking allies without a 30 second cooldown because its way too long for a level 10 legendary ally to be active for just 12 s.
    • Like x 2
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm more worried about when will see a new episode 5 months is way to long and waiting for changes to our stats regarding the clamp or a complete revamp to get powersets and other things balanced. Hell I'm waiting for pvp at this point if they are going to make us wait 5 months between episodes they absolutely need to do PVP while we wait this long. A lot of things people are waiting for allies are the least of our worries and artifacts. The wait is absolutely ridiculous
  8. Grip Committed Player

Cool suggestions in my opinion. That said, if the powerset allies plan holds up, 5/5 potentially decent passives for tanking are enroute. Unless it's decided the more needed powerset "fix" is on the damage side ala nature. I'm interested in what thoughts tanks have on specific areas they'd like their passive to tighten up. Personally, for ice I think an SC buff would be fun, and for earth, some gimmick that allows a combined ability/function- earth (imho) would benefit huge from an extra power slot.

Keep asking questions! Good post :) As a sidenote, more substantial passives could be added if PvE/PvP effects were segregated or PvP is shielded from them entirely- "If it ain't fixed, don't break it..."
    • Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So who
    So whoever uses the tanking power that corresponds with the tanking ally that gets released last or even 2nd to last has to wait a few years...cool.
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Same thing could be said with poison ivy ally - i would expect such ally for a tanking power thats underperforming.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ugh, ever since Ivy, everybody thinks allies should be HUUUUUGE game changers. Shazam was super OP meta when he was released, which wasn't all that long ago. John Stewart is on test and giving essentially the same buff WITH a power usage reduction and people are like "it needs to be tripled!"

No tank power is underperforming in general. Rage is a smidgeon above the rest but none are weak. Now, they do have different strengths and weaknesses. Often times whatever the current DLC content is lends better to some of the tank powers' strengths or preys on some of the tank powers' weaknesses. But that's temporary.

Of course, a lot of DC players have goldfish memories and process time like the only thing that matters is NOW. So people are always complaining that this or that tank power is underperforming. But it's always just a case of the current content not matching well with its strengths and weaknesses. Fast forward to the middle of the next DLC and it's an entirely different power or two that everybody says is underperforming.
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

The reason people are like "It needs to be tripled!" is because of the reason combo powers, celestial, light and rage are all under performing compared to the other powers. Ivy was only high because it brought nature up to a somewhat usable level.

Sure the combo can be procced from swift movement boots mods but no one is gonna roll around every so often just to keep that extra might with a fully levelled ally for something else to beat it and be usable all the time for little effort (Zatanna, shazam so on)

As i said when they announced the new ally "Stop using allies as means to buff powers when you should be fixing the root of the issue"
    Thats all they are doing and its pissing people off
  13. Grip Committed Player

Allies will prob continue to be introduced for all the same reasons they currently are *shrug* Here's a rough idea of a passive I'd like considered...

Come Rock Wit' Me [tank role] (at max level 8)
    Each use of Earthen Grip or Epicenter with Totem employed activates a magnetic mineral bond that pulls all "Gripped" and "Epi'd" non-bosses toward the Magnetized Totem for 6s. Earthen Grip's stun strength is reduced by (40/35/30/25/20%) & Totem's power cost is +10% with ally equipped. Boss behavior stays the same.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yea Future Lex is actually really strong.

Zatanna, although I see what you're doing, is a bit random for my liking, Poison Ivy Toxic Touch is obviously useful as is Superman, none of these are really bad allies :)
    • Like x 1
  15. BlackzStar New Player

Static or Zatanna? as combat allies for tanks