Expanding On Base Building/Base Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

Hello all! I wanted to touch on the Base Building topic, so I create plenty of bases on my main and other alternate characters and I know there’s a feature to allow alternate characters/ friends to move/remove items.

It’s a great implement into base building but my only concern is they’re only able to move or remove, cannot place items. I really think that your account alternate characters should have access to all base items connected within your account and are able to fully place items when needed and all base items collected on either alternate characters are connected as one.

I also believe if you’re going to implement the idea of having friends being able to move items within your base we should have a other access button to allow friends to place either there own items down from there base inventory collection or have that same button give them access to your base inventory, which would be a great idea for others to collaborate on bases and ideas and it would create a better base building environment into the game and create a new interest to base building in itself.

I really hope these can possibly change base building in the game down the line or atleast consider making all account characters items accessible and or actually placing an item down as an option. :) :p
    • Like x 4
  2. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

This post reminded me of how difficult it was trying to help my friend with his base design. He needed a lot of help and that was more than happy to give it to him. His biggest issue was learning how to blend items together properly at correct angles and stopping the flickering problem from happening. One of the things he was concerned about from day one was allowing someone to edit his base to the point where everything gets either deleted or screwing up the entire floor plan. This is why too much power should not usually be given to guests of your base. In the 3-4 months that I was able to help him out with his base design, we got to do some amazing work together.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

This year devs shows no plans for base improvements for 2024. We been asking for base improvements for about 3 years.
    • Like x 1
  4. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I know what you mean. The only things I really want this year for myself is them to raise the base item on it to 900 items and possibly a way for us to rotate how lighting hits each item when you place it. And of course them to give access to all missed daily login rewards styles over the years such as the enhanced future warden style I missed in January 2022.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Yes the most critical one of it all. Increase items limits for bases and league Halls.
    I was hoping the devs would mention that they are working on it. The least.
    Is it that it's really complicated to increase items limits? Network capacity and bandwidth and limits before the lag.
    And ppl been asking for episodes base items to be in the cheetah vendor.
    And non Episodes base items to be more instead of 10 random for 100 Source Marks? And fate Tokens?
    • Like x 3
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

If I could hit like more than once on your last reply I would. I heard different rumors like the ps4 can't handle more than 700 items in a base which is why it takes longer to log into a base that's full than an empty one. With the ps5 launcher I thought this would be updated at least for pc.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Episodes is what keeps people playing. But there is also people they enjoys the base items.
    Base items keeps players in the game.
    If devs can delete the base items to vendors only and not be drops in the content.
    Episodes base items will be easier to be in vendors.
    Non Episodes base items gonna take time for devs to add them to vendors with with cheetah.
    Cheetah can be the episodes base items from first episode base items to the latest expect the recent 3 episodes.
    I hope that from now on, Episode Base items will be in the episode vendors.
    Common for 8 marks, rare for 15 marks and epic or legendary or so for 35 marks.
    Cheap and casual friendly cheap. Where they can just to event versions and get the base items.
    The old base items are not easy to get, sure we have to do the content to get marks to get them.
    But doing the content to get them on drops is not fundamental and enjoyable for ppl that really enjoys the base items. The 5 or 10 random for 100 Source marks? Sure, but exactly is they going to help us get lots of base items? Spending over over 1000 source marks and not get why we really want due to there is tons of items.
    It can be done with 50 random items for 100 Source marks. And 10 in each box so it don't flood up inventory and can connect them carefully. 10 at a time from a (10) base item box.
    For 500 source marks. We get 250 non episode base items. That might help collect many of them.
    As for the common items and for the rare and epic and legendary as for 50 random for 250 source marks.
    To have them all be purchased individually is a big list. Probably a way to make that work is tabs by year.
    The 2024 roadmap is what we been asking not to to. And asked to work on ways we can get base items easier, vendors instead of drops.
    Or the least devs can do is add base items boxes. And gives us a choice of 2 or 3.
    Make a improvement on episode base items drops so we don't have to grind uncomfortably to enjoy something entirely different that's not gear and CR upgrades.
    episodes content is for gear and feats and using the marks.
    Base items is rewarding for doing the content and collection marks and getting the episode base items with the marks.
    I've played JLDC from September to beginning of January. And took a while just to get the collect base items feats and still haven't collected all for the feat but most of them.
    I check the feat in late December and still not got them all.
    Sure, can buy them from broker. But is that an easy task for new players and also players for the past few years that don't grind the episodes much only to collect base items and spends time.make bases, so getting millions in cash will take a very long time.

I've spend about 150 mill just to make a duel arena in base crafters league hall.
    And to grind for the prices back and forth is not easy. Due to the game is limited to recent few episodes. It's not like back where the grind was active for players and 2000+ a day and can que in content and get drops and sell in broker.
    Money was easier to get back then. Now it's limited to recent few episodes and limited to less than 400 players a day.
    What does make money is materials, accessories and things from time capsules
    Oh and time capsules, can devs add all the time capsules on vendor or marketplace?
    A way they can make money. Still yet they can add old time capsules in booster bundles.
    First ten times capsules pack for 1000/900MC. Time capsules grants all items.
    Make them limited time deals and rotate to the next ten and so on.
    Ppl can collect them for feats or sell in broker.
    Money making strategy.
    Time capsules is where it's at for feats and to sell in broker to make cash. It can work if they make old time capsules deals.
    • Like x 1
  8. Corwin Quantum Level 30

This. This right here is a quality of life issue that is long, long overdue. Devs, please add this to the list of QoL that needs to happen sooner than later.
    • Like x 1
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

One QOL I'd really like, after this St.Paddys day event, is the ability to place base items on dividers/wall base items. bought so many pub walls and doorways but they're so barren!
    • Like x 2
  10. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes yes yes yes I agree!!!!
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This is the big one for me. I don’t understand why they don’t kick the limit up a notch to see what happens and then dial it back if it becomes a problem. That’s what I understood was the plan according to Mepps, but the whole thing was just dropped.
  12. kallader Committed Player

One thing I would like is having the option to remove the layout when on the decoration mode toggle On/Off so we can use the free standing camera to do video