Sreenshot LEAK, "Burnley" Nightclub Graphic Development

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RTX, Apr 1, 2024.

1. RTX Well-Known Player

2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Id rather have the old nightclubs than this. This place just looks dead af.

Also the graphics dont fit the game. If this ever did come to dcuo, its a no from me
    And yes, im well aware its april 1st. Im not believing this
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know I have that exact same furniture in the Sims.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Whats this map for? Is it a episode content?
  5. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. kallader Committed Player

This must be fake the character with the T pose and the decoration look like low quality like a cheap pack on unreal
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Having Carlito's Way flashbacks.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. RTX Well-Known Player

This been for April Fools, and yep i´ve to admit it looks quite dead, mainly due to me creating it within a few days (Or a work day if seen in hours, since i can´t do it full time)

And the graphics not fitting is pretty objective, in general Maps in DCUO are made very Low-Poly which means, even if they would just update all Textures it would result in a completely different look.

April Fools!

Well, let´s say if it would be real and a development process of a game it´s not unlikly to see T-pose models, in this case it been me simply not having enough time to April 1. creating animations, or duplicating them from the game (Would be a huge task, specificly since im not a character animator)

"The decoration look like low quality like a cheap pack on unreal", dunno what you mean by low-quality since it technically can only be the model poly count, since those models are photogrammetry (3D scanned) and simply reduced and optimized to lower meshes. The idea there was to keep it as low, as it is in the game which means that there wouldn´t be higher hardware requirements. If you would for example use high quality ones as you see many people do in videos of prerenders or in AAA games, you would need the latest hardware to run that with 60 fps or above and something like that would never be possible to archive in DCUO, since it´s not a Co-Op game where there are only a few players at a place in the same time, it´s already quite a challenge having 40-50+ players standing around using their powers, materials, styles and not making it low fps or laggy.

A general info there, graphics are limited due to target hardware and the game running on Unreal Engine 3 and a port to 4 or even 5 would mean recreating the whole game, which would be nothing else as creating a new game. That however would take them years and in these times and expectations, it´s way out of their budget even with the big investor behind.

That been pretty much the idea i had in mind when doing it, since Nightclubs are villian areas in DCUO. So i guess its a plus, transporting the gangster movie vibe flashback! :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You’re very talented! I like the mood you created with the ambient lighting. What software did you use to create this?
    • Like x 1
  10. RTX Well-Known Player

Thank you! Its made inside Blender 4.0 with "Cycles" Render Engine