Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards April 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 28, 2024.

1. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Oh Boy! Now I can finally make Dr. Gaucho!

[IMG]

Not.
    • Like x 1
  2. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Needs a horse. ;P
    • Like x 1
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I see a lot of styles for that hat but I'm not sharing which before I made them my self :p;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Vedvaengr New Player

No, that is a fedora. The Trilby is a more specific type of fedora with a smaller brim that is turned up in the back.
  5. Vedvaengr New Player

Also,

there already are two fedora styles in game.

One is a reward from the Punchline: Episode 2 briefings, which is just called Fedora style, and the other is the Split Personality style.
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Wrong.The one called fedora is a trilby and the other one is certainly not a fedora but a kind of sombrero.
  7. RCMPenguin New Player

A trilby and a fedora are essentially variations on each other. A trilby traditionally has a narrower brim and shorter crown than a fedora, but they are otherwise very similar. Exactly how narrow a brim and how short a crown makes a fedora into a trilby is often a matter of taste.

The Fedora style in the game is, to me, more of a trilby due to the short crown and narrow brim.

Split Personality is inspired by the classic zoot suit, which included fedoras, often with exaggerated features like really wide brims and huge feathers. The male version of the style is much more exaggerated than the female, which is closer to a traditional fedora.

This new style comes from the character Marilyn Midnight, whose inspiration is Zorro. That makes it something close to a sombrero cordobes. The side dents were not as common in that style, but weren't unknown.
    • Like x 2
  8. Oregamer63 New Player

As an F2P player....meh!!
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

There is a fedora style hat.
  10. Guamanian New Player

Is it just me? Usually when the month ends with 31 days we get 10 Bonus days for the month. However March only got 9 Bonus day. Will get an extra day for April?

11. Master Musician Active Player

The Fedora is easy to get, just complete the collection in the SCU mission of Gotham. Watch DCUO youtube vids to see the locations of the nodes. It's been available for a very long time.
  12. Vedvaengr New Player

Disagree. It definitely has a wide enough brim to be called a fedora, not a trilby, and it's not stylised like a trilby is (again, trilbies are almost always turned up and stiffened in the back).

Fedoras don't need to have the monster brims like this members' reward does. Trilby brims are narrower than the Fedora style's.
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

It's not just about about the brim but the entire hat that defines a trilby. A trilby while most of the times are upwards in the back it can also be straight in the back.I own so many hat that I can see it's easy to think so so Yes it can be a fedora but it's way to narrow all the way around the entire hat to be a fedora and the upward brim is not in it's favor for calling it a fedora. This months hat is not fedora either but closer than what we got now.The perfect fedora we got now is the female version of the fedora.If we had that version instead of the upward brimmed trilby looking one male got it wouldn't be any problem but the one we got now is just sad.
  14. PANDAmic New Player

You might be pigeonholing because you're used to the styles of fedoras you own or see more often but this month's and the existing fedora are definitely fedoras. Indented crown with side creases that pinch at the front and have brims are wider and flatter than you would find on a trillby. That is pretty much is all the requirements a fedora needs. Everything else is just a style variation but a fedora they still are.
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Well I've seen a lot of them but if it's fedora or not the game still needs a updated version of the old ones That's for sure.Every time someone refers me to that ugly one we got I just shivers o_O:(
    • Like x 1
  16. kallader Committed Player

This is a common mistake peoples do the hat we have is not a Fedora but a Trilby hat Fedora hat have from 3 to 6 inch pinches so we do not have a Fedora hat in the game yet i guess team did not do research or have no clue how hat work.
    • Like x 1
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Finally someone who gets it! :D
  18. Ryll Committed Player

Fedora:
    [IMG]

Trilby:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Fedora:
    [IMG]

Triliby:
    [IMG]

Panama Hat(sometimes confused with a fedora):
    [IMG]

The hat being offered looks similar to the Carmen Sandiego hat but it's not pinched like hers. It looks like your typical wide brimmed hat. The Dandy hat is commonly referred to as a **** hat or sky. But it's definitely not a fedora.
  20. Shadow Force Committed Player

Thanks for the eductional lesson, though i think it the briefings fedora the back side was reversed the brim i think i mean it would look ten times better also instead of looking upwards downwards now thats a true classic look i would like to wear on many characters. but yeah looks bad in my opinion.Looking at the concept art of the game The OG Question is wearing a good trilby.
    • Like x 1