Amulet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CGEMINI, Mar 29, 2024.

1. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

You dont have "personal preference" when it comes to a single defining meta.
    If you wanna play how you wanna play, so be it.
    If you wanna chase as much damage as possible, you play the meta, build everything to maximum and then go from there.

If an artifact isnt how you like it, use a different one or none at all for that matter. Just because you want a single artifact change, doesnt mean it should happen or is the best thing to happen for the meta. I want a healer artifact that makes my shields go to all 8 people and are stronger, i dont go and ask for clarion to shield 8 people instead of 4. it is what it is
    • Like x 1
  2. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

You do have options: Strategist card. Nobody is forcing you to use amulet. Obsidian Chill tested these arts and Amulet beat it by a minimal margin.
  3. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

But that’s for another thread if you want that. That’s why I’m imposing an idea. Is it wrong to share ideas now?
  4. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

If anything my idea actually is imposing more options that most people aren’t using. I don’t see people using amulet and ebon together. The artifacts are literally intertwined with each other and want you to use both but yet nobody is using it. That says a lot.
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

one of these days i might make a character to use this, it seems fun and high risk, high reward...sadly though, just too busy in the game with what i got going on atm

but it should prob stay the way it is
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

But would you wanna risk your life over and over for "Minimal" extra damage? There is not point. again, a balancing act between life and damage. I for sure 90% of the playerbase will pick strat card over amulet because strat card is free damage without the risk of death.

The reason people dont use amulet and ebon together is because rage is the only one capable of doing it and you dont see many rage might players in endgame content anymore. They are prec or a tank mostly. Ebon/amulet are only really useful in omnibus content.
    Then again, why use ebons when you have strat card and you have less risk of death? Its just basic deduction of balancing life or death. Aint no one wanna sit on near 1 hp the entire encounter. No one. how can you not see that? lol
  7. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

It’s already over killing you tho. You not seeing my point. If you stay at 1 HP you can finally use the artifact past 10 stacks like it wants you to use it.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Like the sirens calling sailors to their doom…so does amulet tempt you to maintain full stacks…

I’m sure you’ll be ok though. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Tbh, I’m fine regardless I’m just tryna make everybody have more viable options. That’s why I’m imposing all these ideas to improve arts, improve allies, balancing things and improving gameplay with powers but it’s not that serious if they don’t wanna do anything about it.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

No worries, we’re here to talk about the idea, none of this is personal.

If they increase the survivability of using the artifact (and let’s be real here…having it so the artifact alone cannot kill you would be a huge increase to survivability…) they are probably going to either a) reduce the might % you get per stack or b) reduce the number of stacks you’re able to achieve…because “balance.” Would that be worth it?
    • Like x 1
  11. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Ya, as long as it’s slightly better than strategist for people who don’t wanna risk their survivability. I also want other artifacts to be as good too in certain scenarios or just giving them the heart of isis treatment but having a balance and uniqueness to them instead of stat increases. We can make everything versatile given ideas. Having more options for artifacts and more options for allies and even potential rebalance of powersets which may not happen but still will work will make the game way more appealing. Then we can finally worried about adding other fun events introducing more ways people can engage in this game or something new people can do. Reviving PVP. Potential roleplay. We gotta get there first tho. It would also be nice if we can hop in vehicles I saw a thread talking about that. And realistic buildings with the right reflection. Even cool mini games or secret cutscenes. DC has the potential to be the greatest mmo of all time but everyone has to want change.