Please make us vehicles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by LucidityX2, Feb 16, 2024.

1. LucidityX2 New Player

My bat character in Gotham needs a Batmobile-type vehicle. lol

I think this is something people would enjoy. Maybe put weapons on them too? I at least need transport so I don't have to use acrobatics over 3000 meters >_>
    • Like x 3
  2. FiressONPS5 New Player

I hope you do realize that Acrobatics is the fastest movement mode going around in the open world by a mile right?
  3. Massah Committed Player

Even if a vehicle+weapon was a new Power set or Movement mode.

Not gonna lie....it would probably be my new main if movement was done correctly.
    • Like x 1
  4. YeshuasKnight New Player

Yes that would be awesome
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

They gave us a bat wing. Just equip that and fly.
    • Like x 1
  6. Icon Active Player

With all the Batman themed items on this game it's amazing they haven't invested in this further. Would be nice to see a trinket allowing you to alternate between the Batmobile, Batwing, and Bat cycle (maybe even the Batboat too). As stated previously the Bat wing was provided but as with most things on this game it's not properly sized. Scaling in this game always seems to be an issue.
  7. BrandyMurdock New Player

Wasn't it a Halloween gift years ago?
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i think it was a batman day gift
  9. Grim Fandango New Player

That is not even remotely true. Fastest at scaling a building (assuming nothing to bump into on the way up)? Yeah. But that's it.

Flying literally runs circles around it, and speedsters would be nearly as fast if not for all the obstacles in the way (and the occasional stoplight that catches you in a loop if you accidentally land on it after a jump).

And if you think otherwise, you're not playing the game right.
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're in luck since the old open worlds arent important anymore since almost a decade and new open world areas arent even close to be that big. :)

Also, it would suck to use such a vehicle in OG Gotham or Metropolis when you want to cross water sections.

Besides that i am not even sure if a vehicle that has to travel faster than acrobatics can move over building while you have to drive around them is even able to render the world in time when driving in a straight line.
    Also, keep in mind that many games that arent made for vehicle-type gameplay mostly suck and you'd end up with vehicles like those from borderlands, which makes you want to rather walk without movement modes than using those.
    • Like x 1
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Um... No. Flight/Skimming is the slowest movement in every respect. Acro, when used properly, is the fastest when not in combat, although it largely depends on the map - can't use ziplines, if there's nothing to grab onto in front and can't use Rocket Assisted Glide to the fullest potential, if there's a low ceiling.

When it comes to long distance traveling in open world (like across the old Metropolis), if you use Rocket Assisted Glide and continuously alternate between going up and down - Acro is about 50% faster than flight. SS, using Inertial Flywheel is probably a bit faster than Acro's up/down glide, but obviously, without the ability to fly, SS users - like me - are often slowed down by obstacles and mobs. Which is why I usually have an Acro ring in my inventory, just in case fast long distance speed is required. I also have the Flight ring, but that's just for cheesing stuff.

Of course - nowadays open world and raid maps are very small, so it doesn't really matter. What matters is in-combat speed - and here flight is still the slowest... :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Grim Fandango New Player

No it isn't.

But feel free to find me in game, and I'll race you from the CAO Dam to Stryker's Island.

(You do realize you, or at least the person I originally replied to as I can't be bothered to scroll up to check) said open world, right? Not instanced content. Not in duos/alerts/raids. Not going in and out of combat. Straight-up open world, where flying is easily the fastest movement speed in the game. By a mile.
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm just wondering why the testing form is being used for requests.
  14. Phantom Bat New Player

Hi there, by constantly pressing up and down on rocket assisted glide, acrobatics is indeed the fastest way to travel open world. I remember watching test videos and players comparing it on forums years back. Sadly I wasn't able to find it on a quick search. I'm sure most of us would gladly help to demonstrate. Watchman is my main on US and Phantom on EU pc/ps, feel free to add me.
  15. Phantom Bat New Player

Oh I was able to find a video from good old Balkan on the topic, hope it helps:
    • Like x 1
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes - both that person and I were talking about open world. And yes - flight is the slowest there, just like it is pretty much everywhere else. Flight is the tricycle of DCUO movements - it's good for beginners, because it's easy to use, but it's fairly limiting. Sure, there are few people who can overcome the disadvantages of flight and keep up with other movements in most situations (some people can do amazing things with a trike - like circus clowns, for example), but when it comes to long distance open world - no, even in skilled hands flight gets left behind, because it has no advanced mechanics. Unless someone is hacking, I guess.

I'm not going to look for you in the game - I don't need to prove a well-known fact to you. I play all movements, I've tested and timed Acro vs Flight vs SS and I know what I'm talking about. You don't have to believe it, for all I care. Just wanted to share the information, you do you. :rolleyes:
  17. Merk4days New Player

FUNNY... LOL
  18. ActionGamerXX New Player

That's a good idea!