Downtime Server Downtime - March 26, 2024 (6AM PT)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Ryll Committed Player

They would have announced it for the eu server as well then.
  2. kallader Committed Player

Sorry but they are any graphic update planned and will probably never get one ever and they never say we will get one :oops:... Next gen update only mean they will update the client to fit the console layout etc nothing more ...we got like 3 next gen update so far and never got a single graphic update linked to it other then when they remake some model to remove cleavage for the nintendo switch years ago to fit nintendo policy if you read about possible graphic update you get trick by false information saldy :/
    • Like x 2
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

lol, this game was built when it was recommended that everyone restart their machines every day to deal with the cruft.
    It was also at a time when many games were just starting to lean into "we'll fix it in a patch" instead of trying to make things as perfect and as complete as possible at launch. So, it gave them a chance to push out small code releases on a regular schedule.
    Sure, it might help with lag and stability, and sure they may release some warm fixes with the morning restarts. But a morning restart is usually just that, a restart of a private server.

The six-hour downtime used to happen about once a month on average. Most companies call it patch day and do it monthly too, just to install OS updates and the like.

What I find interesting is that it's not coinciding with other DBG games like it usually would. Maybe because they have staff covering multiple games, they're being smart about it and staggering the downtime.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

???

I don't know when you started playing, because your forum handle only started 4 years ago. Server restarts don't always fix a hardware issue and they have in the past done hardware upgrades to fix it. They usually don't tell us what they exactly do in the maintenance. I think the most they've told us was about 6 or so years ago, they upgraded the hard drives on their servers. That was a big under taking and took most of the day to do, IIRC.

Better warning? Sure. More transparency? Don't really need it, would be nice to know, but not needed to know.

A game update is where you want information, as that can impact your playing experience with changes to the gameplay.
  5. EthanBlack Level 30

I thought the St Patrick's Day event had another day? It said one more day when I logged off last night.
  6. sebasruiz New Player

Maintenance for what ??
  7. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations