Episode 47 Preview Livestream?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Mar 25, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Usually we get a livestream of a upcoming episode before the episode hits the Test server can we expect to see one for the upcoming episode 47? It would be great and im sure many would appreciate it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yessir livestream will be In may I bet
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Without a CM i hope they can do it still. Maybe red five and the new creative director hoping for the best :)
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If this episode is meant to be dropped with the Next Gen update that would mean they have already heavily tested both of them together. Which means there shouldn't be much testing to do whatsoever probably less than a week or two on test might even just go straight to live server. The fact that they have cleaned a lot of code with this Next Gen update means there should be less testing that needs to be done. there shouldn't be as many bugs when creating content for next gen
  5. Merk4days New Player

That's a lot of assumptions. Are any of those based on facts that you are aware of and can share?
    • Like x 2
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's not assumptions their goal was to cut back on content so they can focus on cleaning old unreal 3 engine code for next gen. So they can bring bigger content much faster without the need for so much testing
  7. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

I’ve seen you state things like this quite a few times now. In announcements, several threads in this chat; yet… not once have you provided any piece of evidence to support your wild theorising; despite being asked to do so repeatedly by different users. If they’re not “assumptions” give a link to allow others to see the clearly top secret information you have access too.
    • Like x 3
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It doesn't exist, that's why you haven't seen those links yet. 'cleaning up unreal 3 for next gen?'- I'm not sure exactly what the attempted message is, whether he thinks we are getting an unreal engine upgrade (which would require a whole new game coded to the new engine), or if he thinks 'defragging' the current content, or what. Either way, we're still going to be using the same unreal engine, still going to be getting about the same content (unless the team decides to start doing it like it was during the lantern powers releases), and the next gen client update isn't going to cause some massive incline in all aspects.
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I
    I don’t know what benefits this new next gen client will bring to the PS5 that I am not already currently enjoying since they fixed the problems those of us on PS5 were experiencing. It’s been delayed so many times I don’t really care anymore actually.

Since there has been no official word yet on the work being done on Episode 47 all any of us can do is speculate & project our hopes at best.

I believe I can safely say Episode 47 is being developed. When we will see it, who knows. It might be the only episode we get this year or it might be one of two, no one knows. The biggest question I have is, will it be enjoyable to play?
    • Like x 2
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes!
    We're already late on having the next episode on the public test server, we've already had a very high lack of communication, we've already taken BIG notice to the fragile state of Daybreak/DI/EG7 in regards to DCUO: so all things considered, I really hope this upcoming DLC will be SPECTACULAR. Anything less, I fear (since we hardly hear from devs) is going to cause a lot more people to leave.
    • Like x 2
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If you're too busy enjoying the game and not there to read what's been said by the developers that's not my fault or their fault I'm not gonna keep posting sources. They already said their plan was to clean unreal 3 engine code for NextGen. so they can bring bigger content to the game with less bugs which means a revamp with less bugs eventually. That alone is quite the investment. It's the reason why there's hardly any content because cleaning the old code is extremely time consuming and costly. It will take them years to fully clean unreal 3 engine code they have not completely cleaned it with next-gen update but you will see a huge difference especially when new content arrives
  12. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

I assure you! I wasn’t “too busy enjoying the game” so… AGAIN! Pop a link in and allow people to read from the same source. I don’t get what’s happening here! Just put a link to where you’re getting your information from. Is it a secret site? I don’t understand the hesitancy. If someone asked me, I’d plop it in on there for anyone to see. I truly can’t understand what the issue is.
    • Like x 1
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Read the producer letter right there they tell you that will be getting bigger content more content more faster
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, and I'm winning a million dollars next week.
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Did that say any of that haha ?
    • Like x 1
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Yes it did we are getting a new event called Year of the Dragon the next episode is bigger and the next episode after that is going to show us what the PlayStation 5 can bring to the game. There are still bugs with this PlayStation 5 update they have to work out it's going to take a few months
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I didn't want to jump in, but you got fooled into the typical sheep mentality that comes with the way they word things.

- They did not say it was a new event, they just said they are celebrating it (like Pride, Superman Day, etc.).
    - They did not say the new episode is "bigger", only that is has 2 raids (nothing new and shouldn't be praised since that actually used to be the norm).
    - They did not mention anywhere anything about an episode showing what "PS5 can bring". That would also screw over old-gen players. The closest thing to that is "powerful performance improvements and PS5 native features". That is for the console performance, not the game itself.

- "extensive plans to captivate fans with brand new content" = A.I. bait message. Heck it seems like A.I. wrote most of that.

They are excited to release more monetization as "content", but that's also no surprise.

Read it again... This is the same exact roadmap as every year prior, just worded in a way to try and entrap entice you. Nothing new.

I'm not trying to bash your dreams... But be realistic.
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Very well put you got me beat there I must admit move very well said. But let's not forget a client update does not take years to complete they were doing more than just a client update. they were cleaning unreal 3 engine code. so they can make content faster and bring bigger content to the game. They do not need eg7's money the game is making way more money than eg7 wants to invest in the game. You don't make a client update for a game that isn't making any money. you sure as hell don't spend millions of dollars on cleaning old code in the process
  19. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

I could careless anymore to be honest. I'm getting real tired of the reskin thing and they have no original ideas or the passion to create completely new content anymore. They're just doing whatever to get by and make us grind some bs over and over again, then change up the skin and repeat the process. There's so much to offer on DCUO it boggles my mind to why they don't tap into the wide range of things they can do. Like for instance have a new open world like on Mars with Martian Manhunter and missions, raids, alerts, etc. or Green Lantern worlds, Lobo, etc. The passion is gone and now it's just a money grab.
    • Like x 3