Update announcements are useless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by E.K.75, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Passion would be nice, but I'd settle for slightly less apathy. You do that by imagining this game and community are something you value, and then respond accordingly. That means reading, and responding, in a timely matter, to those people and posts who fear this game has no future. Full explanations would be nice, but even that isn't necessary, a simple "we hear you" would be a vast improvement over what we've experienced the past month.

Good news for you, your performance can only get better.
    • Like x 3
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

3. Grip Committed Player

I really like the sentiments expressed, but silencing dissent (even for The Greater Good) feels wrong to me. When done properly, fire-testing and pushback can be valuable imho. In your consensus example of improved dlc base item availability, would a hardcore episode loot farmer-seller be wrong if they said they'd prefer not everything was put in a vendor or the marketplace?

Without having the dev quotes you alluded to handy, it's hard to know for sure, but It's fair to think they should be able to handle a sprinkle of nuance, right? That said, I certainly hope your experiment would only include: players capable of setting their egos aside when needed, clear and thoughtful feedback, and a complete lack of silly rapid-fire comebacks. Good luck! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

As always, you show amazing “skill” for “strawman”... stability is a good ... it is only poorly applied in dubious practice...

I compare- poor quality of service with poor quality of service in the broad sense of this concept... I even gave three different examples (even this was not enough for you...), examples covering a different spectrum of significance (from significant to minor)... in response to a post (a specific post, not a topic title) in which the author purposefully or subconsciously (while creating the impression of a lack of understanding of how absurd his argument is in a particular situation) applies the sophistical argument “do better”....
    • Like x 3
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

wait....i thought mepps was let go????

how can a company say they want someone like mepps when they literally had mepps and let him go?

obviously i know you cant answer these questions,but im not buying it. why would you fire someone only to wish you had someone just like them back in the position.
    • Like x 3
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Naw, you want an actual dedicated and passionate full-time Community Manager ;) Something in which, the one you mentioned seemingly lacked thereof (since I've been around anyway). Don't settle for minimum when you can settle for greatness! Be careful what you wish for.

Anyways, welcome to the party! Please keep General Discussion in your heart and mind, as this section of the forum is where the people are desperately trying to get your attention (and their voices heard), specifically on suggestions to help make the game better/healthier for the future (especially QoL suggestions). Naysayers aside, naturally.

Funny you mention that, see above :p
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A new community manager has yet to be appointed as far as we know. Angeliana and MiguelDaybreak have been filling in on an interim basis which means they have other job responsibilities.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Back then, didn't have to grind the episodes to get many base items. Can get lots of them in broker. The old episodes are not active and not many base items in broker.
    Players have to grind old episodes to get the base items that can take more time in ghost towns abandoned content and not been updated so players can still play old content that can still benefit. Only they did with omnibus so can grind source marks infinitely. It's been few years players been asking for base items to be more rewarding and added to vendors.
    Maybe and maybe if devs adds if devs can adds base items to drop more on the episodes spotlight. If not that, update so they drop more and players to play the old content more.
    Alot of this ive said few times in posts and few years and we haven't gotten a slightest little change to drop rates, not even for spotlights.

As to be be out in vendor. Well, as before the content then was grinded hardcore and the broker was the heaven for base items. Vendor is at the time where you grind for the episode marks and can get base items (if they were added to vendors) it's for grinding the episodes, later it's converted to source marks.
    would have been not been the same? No?

Green: I made that challenge toxic players loves a challenge and hate to lose and goes at it with ppl for years. So this is my challenge to them and chances are I've already won and proven that they can't even win at something that's very easy to do.
    If they beg devs and being toxic about them and toxic to ppl and so desperately wants something to be added to the game so bad, they can take up on my challenge. If not, yeah. They are able to take a "toxic loss" and now I stand out as "the guy who shut down toxic ppl easily without being toxic"
    • Like x 1
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Pretty much yeah. I'm in Houston. They get away with a lot here, and we sure can't get away with anything. It's Texas. We earn ppl to never go to Texas. Ever!

I speak of the toxic ppl only. It's a challenge to them. They love being toxic to devs and being toxic to ppl.
    What you say it's reality. The toxic ppl are not living in reality.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'd assume they pinned that under part of the "incentive" to run old content.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hire me.

You need a new CM and I need a job. We match.
    • Like x 3
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have a vacancy in my company....night watchman...I think you have a high education? Right?:p
  13. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

There are ways to get players to run old content.
    Daily, weekly and monthly quests to earn more source marks.
    The daily and weekly omnibus is where it's at but the source marks rewards to be significantly by higher.

Daily - 5 solo or Duos - 50 source marks
    Weekly - 20 Alerts - 150 source marks
    Monthly - 50 Raids - 250 Source Marks
    Get players to grind for the rewards.
    And Increase drops of base items of the episodes content so more base items can be put in broker.

Also the proficiencies in league to unlock the bonuses are not as easy now. Not many ppl on everyday.
    So devs, how about triple proficiencies bonus week?
    Devs can retire the double Source Marks and make it 500 source marks for 40$ a way they can make money and add bonus weeks that does help benefit from old content.
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yes, I'm a PhD student. If you are willing to sponsor my visa I will gladly work as your watchman :v
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Jokes aside, but I was actually wondering, do you need a visa to move to Europe? (To European Union countries)?
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

I do, I am from Brazil
  17. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

They want someone like Mepps... only cheaper. And with no vacation or PTO time accrued.
    • Like x 3
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

You can pay 5 reputable DCUO players for HALF the salary combined if you guys really wanted a solution... Why hire 1 community manager for x Salary, when you can use that same money(total= x salary for CM) to hire 5 reputable DCUO players to be the bridge between the community and the DCUo team..

This could all be done sooooo simple..
    • Like x 1