CHAT SPAM, WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spicy, Mar 20, 2024.

1. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I agree with you, but let's face it, the spammers are on free accounts. They'll just delete the account and start up a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if they already do that on XBox every so often. Just delete the Live account they're using to spam and create a new one. After all, DCUO being free to play means they don't have to have a Gold account.
    • Like x 2
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True, but like I said, there's seldom any gold spammers on Xbox (at least there weren't, unless the spammers are desperate now because the sales are down/and or they know something is up i.e. they won't have anything to sell soon and are trying to dump their stock... haha....). Just people trolling and arguing usually. I personally never blocked anyone, but I heard it was very very handy. You literally disappear to that player forever unless they switch accounts. Not many people have multiple accounts on Xbox, either, so it works out quite well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

But how does it keep you from running content?
  4. kallader Committed Player

Main problem in my opinion with gold seller spamming nonstop is a deterrent for new players.. what I mean is if you start to play a new game and the first msg you see is a gold seller spamming same msg like 20 times in like 15 minutes you will probably stop after one day or will be hesitant to put your credit card info to buy stuff on market since the game clearly lack security.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Since the ignore option isn't working on some bots anymore, it keeps you from running content by shoving legit players' messages up in the LFG, making them go out of sight and cluttering the chat box with nonsense, thus making group building take longer since potential joiners won't see you as easily. ;)

Also, it looks ugly and people in other threads already said they just "turn off" LFG. So that's less real players seeing calls for running content.
    • Like x 2
  6. BƖack Dedicated Player

Absolutely nothing
    • Like x 3
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Whaaat is it good for
    • Like x 3
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Huh, say it again!
    • Like x 2
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Discord groups might be the only work around this since yeah LFG is just a spamfest mess. My observation though is that in the main DCUO general chat there’s barely any requests in there either most people just wanna talk crap or meme instead of you know playing the game so that’s not a great alternative either but maybe in time it will?
    • Like x 1