Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by loupblanc, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I agree, I'm sure on some levels too it'll improve existing player engagement.

The way I see it though is it won't necessarily introduce 'new players' A lot of the content creators in this game, for the most part, already do a pretty good job.

But' the truth is it's a flat 13 year old MMO, it's something that probably should have happened 10 years ago, but didn't.

This game just doesn't pick up the viewers on Twitch or Youtube that other game titles do and I don't see this changing that point, although I'd happily be proven wrong.

But put another way, I don't see it introducing a whole bunch of new people intrigued in playing the game because they see a streamer giving away a few time capsules or doing a stream collaboration with the developers.

Even the dev streams directly for this game, don't pull what I would consider big numbers on Twitch, they just don't - the Official DCUO Twitch has 30.6k followers, There's a streamer I watch that just walks around Thailand that has 3 times that number.
    • Like x 3
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Heck all I ever suggested is they update that useless "Help" UI on the game to add some links to guide forum or YouTube guides heh (all that it ever does clicking help button on Xbox is provide an unclickable link to the main website...). Players on Xbox don't like to use external services of the game, everything needs to be provided by the game or have a clickable link or they cba to use it (hence why it's nigh impossible to get them to even come to the forum let alone lookup a loadout).
    • Like x 2
  3. Alushaun Well-Known Player

This...
    • Like x 1
  4. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

SILENCE. You being an XBOX player have no idea how things used to be. How long have you been a premium player?
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"Used to be"? There actually "used to be" a population on Xbox too! What are you trying to say? That things used to be worse than they are now?

A bunch of creators promoting the game isn't gonna do squat, or at least any more than it already does, and than they already do.
  6. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

SILENCE. If you no longer play the game why are you still on the forums? Go back to angry Birds. This game is not for you. If you do not play this game your opinion holds no weight.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If you've been playing 13 years and don't have over 500SP (hell let alone 800SP) your opinion holds no weight. Were you even playing DCUO?

I did the smart thing, but I still wish to fight for a game to possibly return to someday. And this new way for them to exploit the consumers isn't it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Olwman has played this great game from the start and has been gadgets since day 3. The Owlman took a break during covid because he is an essential worker and saved the people of NYC. The Owlman has 3 PSN accounts with 36 toons on each, all 3 are paid subscriptions , has 2 accounts on Xbox, also paid for and 2 on the PC. The Owlman was voted villain of the year in the same group we are in on FB and then Villain of the decade. The Owlman has the OG Batman and Twoface inspired masks on 8 toons, as well as the hack attack hoodie. The Owlman is a Lord of 5 and a Chat Master and the God Of GiOBAL chat. The Owlman ran 5v5 chat from 2016 to 2023. The Owlman was the first ever villain ever to enter the WT as a villain. The Owlman was attacked in the East End by an army of Gorilla Grodd soldiers. First a group of 5, then 10, 15, 20 then to 70. The Earth 3 DLC NPC Owlman's voice was based off of The Badguy. They couldn't use The Owlman's world famous catchphrase"SILENCE", so they used "SHUT YOUR MOUTH'. The Owlman's word carries alot of weight. Who are you again?
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Pretty big pedestal you've placed yourself on over a video game. I'm not even going to touch on this.

Edit: nvm I will a little.

"Villain of the decade"
    "God of global chat"
    "I ran 5v5 chat the most toxic chat known in existence that actually can't be moderated"

This entire post is just so bad it feels like a troll post.

I don't have to "be" anybody, and never aspired to be on an old dumbed down video game. I am a player/consumer, and that's all there is to it.

If I did build some kind of reputation, just go on Xbox and ask around. I used to have the highest SP on Xbox for over a year, and that pissed a lot of people off because I'm a villain.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m now considering making a YouTube channel where I just play my guitar and sing about how great Batman is. This will make me a Content Creator and thus I’ll be overqualified to design Raid mechanics. And yes there’ll be lots of arts swapping required because I deign it necessary of course. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm actually starting a cooking channel, it's called "Dinner Dinner Dinner Batman!"
    • Like x 2
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I remembered a scene from one of the film adaptations of Sherlock Holmes (the case of the Hound of the Baskervilles): porridge has been served, sir...:D
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

That will be my first video, how do we make porridge, followed by some more helpful tutorials about making toast and instant noodles.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Aren't you afraid to scare away viewers by choosing too difficult “content” for beginners? ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

You could be right, we'll throw in boiling an egg as well :D
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No vegemite with Bat-mite?
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Money flows to the writers and artists. Or should.

If you're creating content that's used to make a profit, you should be compensated with actual money.

Otherwise it's just exploitation by another name. "Do it for the exposure" means "let me take advantage of you, sucker."

Creating characters or art or plots or anything else is fun and all users with imagination and/or skill can do it.

But if the company wants to make use of the results, they should pay fair wages/compensation.

People should also read any extended contract/agreement very carefully, and make sure Daybreak is only buying rights for use in this game, and this game only, rather than ALL rights. Any negotiated rights should additionally revert to the creator when the game goes out of business. DO NOT sell All Rights, Forever. Not, at least, without fair compensation.
  18. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Sure the company may be know for its past discrepancies, but I have seen first hand what its like for a company to have no communication to the player base, then taking on an envoy program and seeing actual positive results.This is an older game, I understand that, at least the game is trying. Although, we do need this to start asap.

Lots of disappointed people these days. The game isn't all that bad folks. As I have said to Multiverse and others, find the positivity out there. Plenty to grab.

This, once put in effect will be a change for the good...look at the alternative. More of the now. So, anything is better yeah?
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just look up how Ark is exploiting it's creators and getting away with it, and how every other game is now (once again) following the trend trying to dip their hands into such tactics for the same/similar outcome of $$$.

All these games always follow each other. F2P for one example, then the capsule gambling (not all adopted that thankfully but many did), and also even Clash of Clans adopted a "hero equipment" system that is IDENTICAL to the DCUO Ally system (the ores even have the same exact colors as the Ally catalysts!). Monetizated, naturally.

Now, the new "hip" thing is to get creators to do the work for them and they take 40% of the profits (if not all). If we next see the program escalate to creator content being added to the game, we will know for sure this is the road they are going down... (Ark uses peoples' created mods as "content")

The lazy and predatory disgusting route of greed and manipulation. Ark is a prime example and what they did to everyone, and are getting away with it

(long story, basically screwed everyone on Official Servers to either lose 10+ years of progress, be ransomed to keep their progress by paying $25 per month per server with their progress/save, or switch and start from scratch on their "new game" copy-paste job on NEW GEN ONLY. In which is basically the same game they already paid for but with unreal engine 5 instead of 4, in which was originally supposed to be a free upgrade).

Other companies see this and are like "oh snap, we can do less work, with less communication, and get more money? Sign me up!".
    • Like x 2
  20. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Why would you want a CREATED chat room monitored ? And if you are from XBOX how do you know about 5v5 and GiOBAL?