CHAT SPAM, WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spicy, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Spicy Level 30

ill wait. not holding my breath of course.

"just ignore them"
    PLAYER DOES NOT EXIST
    SPAM IS NOT A RIGHT
    SPAM IS DISRUPTIVE
    SPAM IS HARASSMENT
    SPAM IS HATEFUL

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

It never bothered me. I just play the game and play casual. I rarely sit around in the zones. So that's how it doesn't bother me. I run content for about 3 hours few days a week and run the dailies real quick each day of the week.
    I hardly notice it.
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I somewhat agree. But aside from ignoring players, you can also make your own custom channel to your own preference, I usually switch to that when players are just talking/debating/etc in the default/LFG* chat.
  4. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

How does chat spam affect your game play?
  5. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Give the ability to block chat text that contains words chosen BY THE PLAYER.
    • Like x 2
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I like that. It would allow you to block conversations about religion or politics, but not ignore the players, so you can see when they're done and ready to run some content.
    • Like x 2
  7. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

At very worst: you have to put several a day on block. That’s it! As soon as you see whatever message it is - you add to ignore. It takes all of 2 seconds. Wtaf! Harassment? Dispruptive? Hateful? Explain how? How can you be harassed by a bot you chose not to ignore? If they delete it, add the next one to ignore. That’s what everyone else has to do.
    But seeing as you’re so pissdd about it. Why don’t you find out who the sellers toons are. (The ones who make the transfers) and report them. THEY DON’T GAF! This has been going on since the PC merger. You think your post will suddenly change anything?
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

No spam on Xbox ;)

(Other than idiots arguing in hero LFG, but I'm a villain so... No chat in villain LFG whatsoever ;) )
    • Like x 1
  9. PrinceD Active Player

It's because there hasn't been a recent exploit on the Xbox from what I noticed, looks like goldsites have have large stocks on EU PC/PS and US PC/PS, and now they're spamming day and night, people are worried about spam and I'm more worried about the economy of the game that is already bad in US PC-PS...
    • Like x 1
  10. PrinceD Active Player

Our economy thats how affects your gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  11. Bowieite Active Player

It is a pain in the **** to block each one on every character, at least make the ignore list account wide. I am others would like that for a friends list, as well, I just solo everything and usually wind up just switching to a highly edited channel unless I feel the need to queue for something. All the misogyny and other hate speech that runs rampant is just pathetic. ESPECIALLY in " hero" chat.
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Worse, they've stopped using random letters / numbers and they're actually naming their toons -- because they know nothing will happen.
  13. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman says that is a reasonable answer.
  14. Spicy Level 30

Disingenuous deflection and attempt to make spam seem legitimate. Disgusting behavior tbqh. You know damn well its wrong, its not part of the game, its breaking the TOS and if it wasnt then they wouldnt have to create 10000 toons. eat it bub.

The ignore feature doesnt work, these spineless worms have found a way to exploit the game and nothing's being done about it.
    If it wasnt rampant, incessant and disruptive then it wouldnt be an issue.
    How about the devs do something and stop these wastes of life from ruining a product that we, I specifically, pay for.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I think if you block their PSN ID it will block them account-wide. At least, it does on Xbox. It also makes it so that player can't even see your chat anymore (ignore function they can still see what you write but you can't see theirs so they can still talk smack and you wouldn't know).
  16. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

That’s too much work, it’ll make them delay the ps5 upgrade even more
  17. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

Does not work on PS/PC
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well I guess they need to step up their game.
  19. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

I can’t blame the devs for that… the switch is on par with the ps3 my apologies I thought we were on the other thread
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

They could probably activate it the way they let Xbox block people but idk how it works. They probably don't have it because PC doesn't always have a Steam ID to block. There definitely should be a way to block account-wide somehow. That itself also isn't fair for other systems if we wanna talk about fairness.
    • Like x 1