Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by loupblanc, Mar 18, 2024.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

For the few DCUO content creators and few DCUO streamers

• Like x 3
  2. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Nvm. Turns out that the first quoted line is the source link.
  3. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Very nice!!! This is the type of information I have been waiting for. Very good start to opening the lines of communication. Moving the game in multiple directions by using the input from these different creators will be great.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  4. kallader Committed Player

Remember Torikumu use to have someone in the team help for is video then the person stop helping him and this kill is channel...
    • Like x 1
  5. WhiteLanternNC Level 30

I used to like his videos it's a shame what happened.
    • Like x 1
  6. BrandyMurdock New Player

Me! Pick me! I want to do it! Pleeeease!
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Cool, I hope people apply and get approved. I miss Tori and his videos. Maybe TrexLight.
  8. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman told you people good things are on the way.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, getting other people to do all the work and dirty work for them REALLY sounds like "good things" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Next up is opening this game up to the mod community. Then hiring modders like Rockstar did with GTA6. The mods creators can take this game far and beyond even on U3 while Daybreak, D'ink and EG7 gobble the money cobbler.
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I just said that exact thing in the other thread except I used Ark as an example :p

Cuz this game is following Arks footsteps to a T, probably saw how well they were getting away with all the b.s.

Edit: for example-

So... About that creator program...

It's comin' ...
    • Like x 2
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Yeah, I've been watching some vids on that whole fiasco and damn what a dumpster fire that is. I can see the parallels you mentioned with ark and dcuo. Unbelievable.
    • Like x 4
  13. Sollace Well-Known Player

We're out of money, can you do our work for us?
    • Like x 10
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It’s more like we’d like to save even more money can you do promotions for us and maybe help with ideas and possibly gatekeep testing, thanks!
    • Like x 3
  15. KidKretz Committed Player

I guess I missed the part where they publicly apologized for banning content creators in the past for making said content.

Sorry Daybreak, but that is CURRENTLY your reputation in the world of gaming.

until that happens, I have zero faith in this program!
    • Like x 4
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Are you saying they will not pay the people for the Paid Campaigns?? :confused:
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The one thing that is true about all this, is that if you accept payments of any kind, whether that be, money, items or whatever, you're going to lose the perception of being objectively impartial.

You are going to risk looking like you've lost independent creative control, you just are, that's the cold hard fact of the matter.

That's why when people make reviews for items, they notify the viewer if the item has been gifted to them for review, because the reality is there's a massive difference between being given something free for review and buying something for yourself and then reviewing it. There is also the subconscious impact gratuity of any nature places upon the participant, most often subconsciously rather than consciously.

If you're given special access or receive pecuniary gain of any nature you're almost certainly going to look favorably upon the hand that fed you, whether you like it or not.

If you become a part of this program then that's going to happen and that is a decision each individual participant is going to have to make before joining, that's putting entirely to one side any potential contract likely involved in which I'd be very surprised to see something like this happen without a formal agreement of some nature, which may or may not even more heavily restrict what you can or cannot say or do in general.
    • Like x 6
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Don't worry..... If I ever get a BiG Phat Check.....
    I will be transparent and will let people know about it. ;)

Heck I let people know when I am on the Test Server.....
    and still some think I get some special privilege failing to realize that everyone with a PC can go on test. ;) ;)

One guy even made a video about it calling me out for my special privilege of having access to a seasonal 2 weeks early..... on Test. ;) :)
    • Like x 3
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You're fine, I don't think it requires any notification it'll be obvious if you're in this program, the content will speak for itself most likely.

For the record I'm not against people joining such a scheme, in fact I encourage it if you're interested..

However, as with anything, understand and know what you're getting yourself into, for every pro, there is also a con.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I agree with you on a lot of your points. My feelings about this new Content Creator program is kinda indecisive. On the one hand I’m not a content creator so I’m not sure if an individual like myself can be really critical of it? But on the other hand I’m both a player of DCUO who’s subbed to it for many years and I try to keep active in the community on what’s going on so if this new creator program does effectively change the game for better or worse then can I be critical of it? Who knows? We also don’t know how this will shake out from now? I was really not liking their statement from the Daybreak page it sounded too vague and perhaps a bit too optimistic they can do this for all their lines of games. If anything it’d might make more sense to try it on one game first before rolling it out onto several? But again I neither own or run a video game studio so what do I know? This feels like a “new hires” kind of synergy thing and I gotta wonder whoever is trying to do this are they even familiar with Daybreak’s game portfolios or what? This may be more suitable for H1Z1 for example but the other games not so much? I dunno it just feels mistimed too. You got no updates future on your breadwinner DCUO and a huge plethora of stuff coming out including a convention on your “stickiest” games EQ1 and 2. But you also wanna roll out a new promotional outreach program with content creators on top of all that? Ok seems ambiguous AND ambitious if anything. All in all I’m worried this will either be a lot of noise that will end up being a lot of nothing OR it’ll create more problems then solve them. But hey what do I know? I guess time will tell but I’m hoping there’s still people left at Daybreak who know what they’re doing because excuse my skepticism I’m having my doubts.
    • Like x 3