i wanna hear your opinion on the current Dcuo.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sign in...get your stuff, play some content. If you are not having fun, log off. If you are having fun, play some more, maybe older stuff for feats or because you missed something. The 'grind' is not grindy if you are also having fun. I know you are saying you don't mind the grind, but if you felt like you needed to ask, obviously you know it MIGHT not be worth the effort too.

As soon as the game becomes boring to you, step away. If you are going to grind only to grind, you'll soon be in a place where...like many of us...the 'sunk cost' feeling will keep you on...even past the point of boredom.
    • Like x 5
  2. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Play or don't play? Pay or Pay? Answers: Do whatever makes you happy and gives you enjoyment.

I want to believe that DCUO will come back better somehow, but how it comes back probably will not live up to everyone's expectations. I love DCUO and still have a lot of things I do in the game that I enjoy. Right now, I am only upset with the radio silence and bugs that are not being fixed.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 3
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

On the other hand, who says it's NOT?

Heck... They must just be waiting on the most qualified professional of the Milky Way (hmmm, milk~) so the game reaches for the stars, so this means they might be holding back at the time being.

Anything is possible when you speculate.
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) "Milky Way" was right there.... :cool:

2)Sure anyone can speculate anything....

But, what's more likely:
    Them hiring the creme de la creme best coders/designers in the business sparing no cost... to work on a game over a decade old and old technology that no one wants to work on to improve their resume... or them scraping the barrel (no offense to whoever they got) to get whoever they can... in a game that the owners publicly declare to be in "maintenance mode"??
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

More likely? I believe you. But I also take a step back when we enter the realm of speculation, even with circumstantial proof.

I loved the "creme de la creme" expression.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Mmmmmmmm.... "creme".
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I do see this as good news.

Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program

Today we launch something unique to Daybreak Games. Introducing the Daybreak Creator Program. We’ve always worked with creators, but this program allows us to team up with our passionate fans in new and exciting ways. Daybreak Creator Program is designed to give content creators of any walk of life the ability to collaborate with Daybreak and all its games. Participants can focus on a single game within Daybreak’s catalog or seamlessly expand to cover a variety of titles. As we start to roll this out you’ll start seeing some exciting changes coming to our current roster of games. Each title will have its own unique take on how it collaborates with content creators.

Here are some things you can expect to see in the coming months:

• Collaboration with devs and teams at Daybreak Games
    • In-game perks
      • Each game will have its unique way of working with creators, along with the benefits they will provide.
    • Content spotlights
    • Giveaways and contests
    • Creator tournaments
    • Access to exclusive in-game features and other perks
    • Paid Campaigns
      • Social, streaming, YouTube, TikTok, and more.
    • Branded opportunities
    • And more!
    This process gives us a new way to work with creators – whether they’ve been streaming and sharing with the community for years or are just starting out their creator journey. We’ve partnered with an organization called Sideqik to bring you a single platform to work in and with. This allows us to have 1-on-1 conversation with each creator, getting feedback on what works for them and learning how we can better engage with our fans.

Daybreak firmly believes in supporting creators of all sizes and helping to foster community. We see Daybreak Creator Program as a great way to reach new audiences and provide an outlet for anyone to participate. We are community-first company and are focused on ensuring everyone gets a chance to shine.

Each Daybreak game will have its own creator integration, tailored toward what makes each title unique and allowing us to provide exclusive benefits for members. While we understand there may be many content creator programs out there, we aim to change the landscape and help creators and their communities experience our games like never before.

While we would love to have everyone join the program day 1, we are planning to launch with a handful of individuals for each of the titles so we can continue to refine and make the program better for people who join after. The goal is to add new creators each month as we go to ensure easy onboarding and a smooth process while working through any of the hiccups we may have.

We’re excited to move forward and launch the Daybreak Creator Program. We will let you know once we are ready to launch and start applications. We can’t wait to see what you do!
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey...remember when they had that other incentive going for signing up at some gamer site (Don't recall the details, but it was maybe 3 years back...I'm sure someone else does)? We were supposed to get some swag, even though most of it was not very swaggy...and MOST never did.

Can't wait to see how they execute on this one. Guess I'll have to go out and buy a camera and mic!
    • Like x 4
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

If you enjoyed playing DCUO 2 years ago, you'll probably still enjoy it now. If you weren't enjoying it 2 years ago, well, you probablywon't enjoy it now. If you still have toons from before, you should try playing with them before you decide if it's worth coming back.

But I wouldn't recommend spending any money on the game until we know for sure it's not shutting down anytime soon.
    • Like x 2
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Content Creator Program, because "WE can't make content for YOU, so YOU make content for US".

also, hire a lead designer already dcuo.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I still enjoy playing.
    • Like x 2
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Seems like they're hiring people right off the Cryptic boat. Al, Scot and ??? for new lead designer.
    Work for Cryptic are you / were you lead designer?, or have experience lead designing. If so... The next hire is you!!! (super hero music)
    • Like x 1
  14. The Goat Level 30

If you remove the DC skin there is nothing this game offers that you cant get significantly better elsewhere.

I came back in January after not playing for around 3 years and the game feels dead. I've been playing MMOs pretty hardcore for like 20 years and what I'm seeing here is what I've seen several times now in other dead MMOs at the end of their lifespan. It's enough red flags the size of the moon for me to not invest time or money into the game.

Posting hostile stuff on the forums that would have caught a warning almost immediately last time I played took more than a week this time. There's noone driving this bus right now and it's obvious.

They aren't communicating because they aren't allowed to tell you that the game is in trouble. If they had good news we would have heard it by now.

My advice to you is don't spend a dime on this game. They don't deserve your money. There are so many better options out there.
    • Like x 5
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Amen to that. Bumping this post.
    • Like x 1
  16. inferno Loyal Player

Come back in 6 months and ask again.
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The question will be "What game are you playing now?"

:oops:
    • Like x 1
  18. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player