i wanna hear your opinion on the current Dcuo.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Wow it's been a long time.
    Don't wanna waste to much time masking this post, i have been away from the game for a long time now.

i try to keep updated on news, but sadly time gets away from me, i am interested on coming back
    rather if its a new character or me returning with my end game characters i still have not decided.

so i've seen the news of the game from some players and others specially when it came to booster bundles and others things happening.

i'm curious though what is your opinion on the game, do you believe that its worth returning, or starting a new character with the grind

don't get the wrong idea, i dont mind grinding at all, but i don't want to if i know that the game will shutdown within a few months.

i have not played the game at all for like grinding wise in nearly two years, maybe even longer i log in but i never really played and i haven't even logged in a long time cant even recall last time i did so.

So that's why i am making this post today, i wanna see your point of view, where do you believe dcuo is heading should i invest my time into grinding once again, or do you feel that the game is heading nowhere and i shouldn't bother with the idea at all?

let me hear your thoughts your opinions, and thank you for sharing your opinions i look forward to reading them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’d say the biggest factor that’s making players pause is the complete lack of communication from DI. They usually every year have an update/roadmap of the game in January/February and they’ve gone almost completely radio silent. Since Mepps was let go even more so. We know they’ve read our requests to get answers but still ignore us. They might be waiting to give us a huge update soon but at this point it seems naive to believe they ever will. Mepps could’ve been instructed to just say “stay tuned” weeks ago but they never did. So it’s hard to justify recommending buying a subscription or even spending anything if they refuse to even drop us a line. Also hard to justify recommending that people go back to grinding when we don’t know the future of this game. If you’re already familiar to DCUO then it’s up to you if you want to come back but anyone who’s a completely new player should stay away because currently Daybreak is purposely trying to alienate their DCUO playerbase with their refusal to communicate. To what end’s who knows? They may just literally waiting out their licensing contracts with their partners because they’ve washed their hands of DCUO. I wouldn’t trust them at all now since they’re completely in zombie mode with this game. Enter at your own peril.
    • Like x 2
  3. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

No, continue playing the games you’ve already been playing until DCUO devs decide they want to communicate then you can make your decision from there.
    • Like x 3
  4. Grip Committed Player

TL;DR- I don't know what's going to happen with the game, but I happily run content 4+ days a week and log in for rewards at least 21 days a month, so recommending you not play at all or re-enter full grind mode would both be hypocritical.

How was your teamup network before break? If it was deep, maybe pop in and go on tour with the old band again if you like.
    Enjoy digital deco and fashion? Hop on and take a peek. Spiffy up the Wayne Manor, dress fly and record the stuff you're most proud of and want to remember from your time on DCUO.
    You a lore person? Any recent storylines pique your interest? Come smack Perpetua around, rescue Isis, take on Darkseid's creeper scientist and experience the thrilling latest chapter in the Justice League Dark saga. If your build and attentiveness are on par, powering through reg and event runs and open worlds of the most recent multiversal drama will be fun and easy.

DC Universe Online is ultimately going nowhere... just like rollercoasters and racetracks. We either wanna ride or we don't, bud. As mentioned all over these forums, the game's management team is being mysterious, so it's a guessing game what comes next. *shrug*
    Follow your compass, fam; if you're an all-or-nothing grinder waiting for clearer indications DCUO has a bright future- now is not the time to return. If you're curious enough to put in a couple hours- hope to see you around. If you're ready to move along with no regrets, hop on, say farewells/share contacts and empty your banks to the homies. Hope that helps :)
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

It reminds me of when PvP started really dying after the PS/PC server merge, except this time it's the whole game
    • Like x 1
  6. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Go ahead and start a new character or reload an old one. Better to play and then lose it, than to not play and miss out once closed.
    If you can find some enjoyment, then you made a good choice.

When it comes to grinding...personally I don't feel grinding is worthwhile in this game for many reasons. One reason being the reward is typically altered in place of a new reward, destroying the previous grind effort.

I feel consistent and better progression in Final Fantasy XIV, Vindictus, Twelve Sky, Twelve Sky 2 and Warframe.
    • Like x 2
  7. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Good things are coming.
  8. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Nice, I haven't seen your name in a while. Anyhow the game definitely has it's problems, and probably always will, but nonetheless I still very much enjoy the game. And if you haven't played in a while, just be warned there is mountains to climb in regards to how much more stuff there is to learn about in the game.

However, given the lack of communication from the devs on the future of the game, I can't recommend the game to anyone as for all we know it gets shutdown tomorrow. I doubt that is the case, but again, with no communication from the devs, these thoughts run through your mind.

But even with that being said, I will play this game until it gets shutdown, I just wish the whatever the hell is going on over there, they sort it out and start providing us with some assurance about the future of the game.
    • Like x 2
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You know something that nobody else knows?
    • Like x 3
  10. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Yeah. He knows how to troll. ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If The Owlman says so it must be true.
    • Like x 3
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Honestly?

The game is awesome and always will be. The good parts of it didn't fade away with time. But it's all up to personal taste. Whatever you liked to do in the game is probably still there.

I would play this game daily if I had enough free time to boot up my cranky laptop (Or if they had cross-save and I could play on switch with my pc account)
    • Like x 3
  13. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Please explain how it is a troll. Why would the company merge the US and EU on the switch if they were going to shut down? Why spend big bucks to get a new creative director from a popular game that has been around longer than DCUO. Some people just want to watch the world burn just to say they were right. Not today. The Owlman has faith. Feel free to leave this great game and go play Candy Crush.
  14. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

:p
  15. Dev72 Dedicated Player

This is the extent of my DCUO experience as of late.
    1) Daily stabilizer solo
    2) Daily reward
    3) Event content (when available)
    4) Cursed Gotham dailies and weeklies (when available)
    5) Alert, Solo, and raid (when available)
    6 Logoff, then play other games
    7) Rinse, repeat.
    • Like x 2
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I wouldn't like it but I think I'm at a point where i could let go if I had to. All my characters were with me decades before this game was even a concept and they'll be with me to the very end but I'm hoping for a few more years. I'm more worried the game will get the axe for some stupid reason. Super hero fatigue and wanting games more in line with other media.

I am curious why we'd get a new creative director (or whatever this guys title is) if we're in imminent danger. I would like to know whats going on and see what his or any of the new hires ideas are. The last years worth of live streams were very well done. I want new content. Everything else comes in second.
    • Like x 2
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Who says its big bucks?

Heck... They might just be offering some shlub an internship just so he can use the title on his resume...
    "Maintenance mode" just means do what you gotta do to keep the lights on..
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The recent downturn in the overall gaming industry has affected DCUO just as it has other games & gaming coma-animes. I don’t if any were left unscathed. We are at this point feeling the effects of layoffs, this after a large swath of developers voluntarily left to follow after another certain individual whose name I will not utter, to work at his new gaming company. All of this has gotten us to this point. We don’t know what EG7 is doing other than what was mentioned in the recent stockholder’s video which has led a lot of us to believe investments in this game are not really going to happen - instead this game is going to fuel investment in another IP held by the Company. I don’t know.

We have new hires, including a new Creative Director and I believe a new Art Director. Even so, it is going to take time, AGAIN, for all of the new talent to ramp up in order to produce/create DLCs for this game.

I current play DCUO much like Dev 72 does, with the addition of hanging around to socialize after all the daily stuff. I want to have Owlman’s optimism. I envy him for having that lol. Right now, I’m just feeling really pessimistic and sad. I love this game, I especially love all my friends I have made. I’ve gotten to meet some incredibly talented people & spoken to some famous YouTubers, Multiverse & Obsidian Chill. It’s all really amazing to me. And it’s because this game brought us all together.

I want to hope for the best I really do, but I’m preparing for the worst.
    • Like x 3
  19. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Game:
    Game is in an ok spot. Balance is out of whack, no new content but the core mechanics of the game are fine.
    Artifacts are stale now as its been years since the meta has changed in them.(beside the EOG meta) Dps use the same artifacts since 31st dlc. tanks since wonderverse. The other artifacts are just gimics with very little practical use. Think computo, isis, omegahedron, Gem horus.
    Allys are just to much of a grind to level without paying. At least with artifacts its reasonable, can improve the rate via nth detectors etc.
    EU LFG is dead lol
    Cost of styles in HoL is to expensive (100 marks/70 marks vendor)
    Old capsules are almost impossible to get if they were released years ago. (please put the styles in omnibus or something, make people play your game.
    Booster bundles suck. Bring back cosmic material, shaded comic (again). Maybe do a booster bundle that drop only old capsule styles (the rare ones, not armours)

Daybreak:
    No communications
    No presence in their own forums
    Dont listen to feedback
    Tone deaf responses
    Miguel is the only one here, no hate to him, he just does what hes told, at least he is here on the forums.
    Money grabbing.
    • Like x 3
  20. Sollace Well-Known Player

we've been abandoned, except for our wallets, which are no longer being used to fund DCUO future...
    • Like x 7