Episode Spotlight - Earth 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 7, 2024.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

They can do that by saying nothing. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Once upon a time, we had monthly Episodes.

Before and after that period, we had quarterly episodes. Halls of Power, Part II, was the last quarterly episode, until Amazon Fury, Part III.

In the game's early years, DLCs/Episodes were dropped every three months.

Then, with the sixth episode, Home Turf, and the seventh episode, Origin Crisis, episode release started slipping erratically to every four to five months. That prompted the revised idea of two small episodes every month.

Players overall didn't like that, and we went back to large episodes, but now every four months or so. Until it slipped to every five months or so.

Then it slipped to every six months or so. That's where it's been the past couple of years.

Returning to every three months would be optimal. Every four months wouldn't be terrible. Every five to six months is pretty sucky.

We also used to get Producer's Letters and roadmap announcements of what would be coming over the next year. We knew what the next two Episodes would be in the next six months, and had a tentative idea of what the third episode on the conveyer belt would be about.

Now? We got nothing. No roadmaps. No announcements. No producer's letters. No communication whatsoever about what's planned or coming.

It's difficult to have any confidence in the future of the game when we've now gone into a black hole of non-information and the Community Manager has been fired and disappeared, with no replacement whatsoever.

We're just left hanging. We don't even know who we're supposed to be asking questions, let alone getting answers from The Invisible Non-Existent Community Manager Replacement.

Thus the pleas for more information, particularly as regards what the plans are for the next few DLCs. Or even the next two. Or even just the next one.

Instead: radio silence.

And you wonder why people want communication from Daybreak? This is why.
    • Like x 4
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

These sort of comments, on the other hand, are Not Helpful. Insulting the devs is not helpful.

The way to ask questions and have any expectations of getting answers is to ask respectfully and politely and without personal attacks, insults, or accusations.

That's just common human courtesy, which even gamers can be expected to use.
  4. The Goat Level 30

Don't listen to the hall monitor white knight types. This company is insulting you by keeping you in the dark. Raise hell about it and be as rude as you deem necessary.

You're being ignored. They are not going to talk to you no matter how politely you ask. You have no obligation to be nice about this.
    • Like x 3
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

So much going atm, can't even collect thoughts it's giving mental unstable
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I guess this is how things work in your family, your business, your employers?

The ruder you are, the more people are helpful and friendly to you?

When you're dissatisfied at a store, do you find that the ruder and more insulting you are, the better they treat you?

When you're at work, does insulting your boss make them more pleased with you and more included to reward you and communicate with you?

Is that really how your world works?

If so, I'm sorry. But it's not how most of the world works.

If I insulted you more and more viciously, would that help communication between us? Would that make you feel more like talking with me?

Really?

Use some common sense, for god's sakes. Even if you're a sociopath, nastiness won't help you get answers from anywhere from anyone for any reason.
    • Like x 3
  7. Whoru Level 30

talk to them like we did for years they dont give a **** about us as long as ppl paying
  8. Whoru Level 30

Br
    Bro are u dumb? xD i have 2chars and i dont do dailys or solo/alert and have the whole DLC maxed out u guys are just too slow if u get nothing done in that timespan... its about the ppl that are tired of DLC´s that arent even crazy good / if even mid and then have to wait for 6months + to get something that´s as bad as the ones before. its annoying if u need that long for these DLCs they are like the ones b4 playable nothing special. few year ago they at least they gave us a good DLC every like 4 month and not 6-7 months
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nonsense. I never had a problem getting an answer from Mepps when I asked him a question, and I had numerous suggestions I made adopted.

One suggestion was that every weekend be a bonus and then that every week should be a bonus week of some sort. I nagged at him several times until, boom, that was adopted. Just one example.

Why did I have no trouble? I was polite and respectful and engaged in normal human behavior, rather than acting like a privileged adolescent or abusive adult.
    • Like x 1
  10. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Pretty sure you were not the only one who was greedy and suggested a bonus each week but ok. people were asking for bonuses for years before they actually became a thing
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No, I wasn't the only person, and I'm not claiming that DI/Daybreak started bonus weeks solely because of me or even because of me at all.

I have zero way of knowing how the decisions to do regular bonus weeks were made; I don't know how many people in the company suggested it, talked about it, liked it, or took part in the decision to institute them.

My point was that people get somewhere with each other by being courteous, rather than deliberately being schmucks. Nowhere in life does one get more agreement and open-mindedness and listened to by dint of being nasty.

I realize this is less fun for aggressive, angry-at-the-universe adolescents and other children, but someday children need to grow up and deal with the real world. Going through life in a continual rage, insulting people, and calling them names, just isn't productive, let alone good for the soul.
    • Like x 1
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

"I never had a problem getting an answer from Mepps when I asked him a question, and I had numerous suggestions I made adopted.

One suggestion was that every weekend be a bonus and then that every week should be a bonus week of some sort. I nagged at him several times until, boom, that was adopted. Just one example."
    This is literally what you said. "I asked him a question" "i had numerous suggests i made adopted" That is you saying you were the reason. Not having a go, this is what your english is saying.

People will say their opinions on the internet, you dont have to respond, as soon as you respond to their stupidity (in your eyes), you lose. You drop yourself to a new low each time you bite at someone who doesnt see the things the way you do. Its the internet, stop taking everything serious and just share your opinion and move on
    • Like x 2
  13. Pretenama New Player

;)Another useless bonus week, seems like u guys are completly lost about ur game. I finish my year membership in 1 month. That will be my last paynment. so there were two...me & me i like earth 3
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No, it isn't.

It's hilarious that you think this doesn't also apply to yourself.

I first started reading the internet when it was ARPANET, circa 1978 or so, and became really active on Usenet circa 1995 after some years writing on BBS via FidoNet.

I first started working as an editor in mass-market publishing in the mid-1970s and didn't stop until I retired in the mid-2000s.

So, thanks for your helpful advice on how to deal with the internet and with English. I'm sure I'll get the hang of these things eventually.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Never go atm....
    • Like x 1
  16. Grip Committed Player

LOL speaking of "m"... had to cover mine as not to awake the neighborhood ! :D

Unsure how most of the thread specifically relates to the poor, misunderstood Crime Syndicate, but seeing this comment ~3am wins while speedreading thru a couple months of panic and gloom :) Thank u kindly bud
    • Like x 1