Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief! - St. Patrick's Day 2024 Seasonal Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Mar 14, 2024.

1. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Am I tripping or have you guys also raised the price of the 50 seasonal currency from 500mc to 600mc?

YOU ARE LOSING ME.

yuck I hate this feeling.
    • Like x 4
  2. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Why does this "update" feels like a downgrade in so many ways?
    • Like x 2
  3. E.K.75 New Player

So, nothing on Facebook, no advanced notice, nothing yesterday. It seems this Miguel person is just doing it because no one else either is or wants to do it.
    If it’s so much of an afterthought for you to do it that you only post it the day of, and only post it in one place, instead of multiple, like a community rep is supposed to, then give the job to someone else.
    It’s obvious Mepps is gone, but at least he posted the events in advanced notice no people would know when it drops.
    [ quote="MiguelDaybreak, post: 4631781, member: 416369"]St. Patrick's Day Seasonal Event

Mister Mxyzptlk is back this year, and he's ready to flaunt his riches for everyone in Metropolis to see! Look for “Mxyleprechauns!” in your Mission Journal, and complete it to earn Lucky Clovers. Then, visit Mister Mxyzptlk in the House of Legends for the latest base and styles items before your luck runs out!

New Feats:
    • String of Good Luck
    • Raising the Bar

New Base & Style items:
    • Celtic Tapestry
    • Celtic Tapestry - Ceiling
    • Pub Wall
    • Pub Wall - Doorway
    • Pub Ceiling
    • Pub Bartop
    • Pub Bartop - Taps
    • Pub Stool
    • Pub Sign - Shamrock
    • Pub Sign - Lucky
    • Torchbearer Face Shield
    • Enhanced Inverted Celtic Triquetra Emblem (obtainable as a final boss drop)
    • Traditional Harp emote

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    And don't forget - also going live today is a brand new Booster Bundle, full of even more exciting style items.[/quote]
  4. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Are the event vendors bugged? All I see are the base items, the emote and the face style. Where are the chromas and other styles?!?!

Is this an early April fools joke from the devs?
    • Like x 2
  5. iLazy Well-Known Player

Your not often in the forum?
    They removed some gear and the chromas.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is the event on XBox yet?
    • Like x 2
  7. Whazues Well-Known Player

new feats are always worth going for its a seasonal event with base items, emblems and a new emote for this year
    • Like x 1
  8. iLazy Well-Known Player

Nope but the changes where anounced a few days ago or last week. Idk exactly when.
  9. Whazues Well-Known Player

do you even know how coding in an MMORPG even works to make sure that the seasonal events coding get synced up decently good enough to where it doesn't freeze or crash the game the servers being shut down for up to 8 hours or more is a fair trade plus they get delays that happen whenever thousands of players try to log in during the down time which messes up the coding synchronization and they have to get it to start over again
  10. Whazues Well-Known Player

they wont always answer plus if this was a scam there would not be a community dev posting the events info of feat names and items to get
  11. iLazy Well-Known Player

Ofc they don't answer to any topic/comment.
    But if an entire system doesn't get the event its maybe okay to" beg"for information about the status? Pretty please?
    • Like x 2
  12. Whazues Well-Known Player

well just remember its a chance of getting what your wanting out of it so as long as you dont expect to get the one thing you want material, gear, accessory, emblem, etc. you'll have to open still hundreds of booster bundles to get the chance of randomly getting the one thing that has your interest to open them pretty much all the se booster bundles are just a gamble where 99% of the time the player tends to get frustrated because they did not get the one thing that they wanted from it
  13. Whazues Well-Known Player

the seasonal events usually last up to 2 weeks sometimes if the majority of the community constantly asks for the current seasonal event to be given some moe time because they want to get all the feats without waiting a year for it to comeback around which tends to get extended for another week
  14. Whazues Well-Known Player

I find these to be pretty cool I know that there are players commenting in these community posts stuff like "it's a scam", "the dev's not answering our questions" and "nothing new" just to name a few but I personally know that these new rewards are what is new for the seasonal event content and that they are just voicing their frustrations because they had to wait for the up to 8 hours of downtime to be over with they have no patients and just want to play
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They were removed.

I made a video about it;

• Like x 2
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has always been 600 - or 540 with Membership. Maybe that's why you see a difference now.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think iLazy called it a "scam" because the event is still not available for the XBox server and there's been no acknowledgment to this issue all day (honestly no serious acknowledgments since February). If they announce
    and
    and neither of those things are available, sounds like XBox was cheated out of an entire day's worth of seasonal marks.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Fairy Well-Known Player

"You're" not often on the forum?
    • Like x 1
  19. rimvader Well-Known Player

You're defending the company a lot after stripping content from a year event. You A 'Well Known Player" since 2021, let me ask, why would Paying Costumers ask for less for their real world money and time. They showed us 'XY and Z' but delivered just 'Y' at twice the price, PLEASE DEFEND THAT!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

From MiguelDayBreak (closed original thread that iLazy opened):

"Xbox and Switch versions of this update are delayed slightly, and expected to go live on Monday. Thank you for your patience."

So yes, more bad news for the game and things don't seem things will get better anytime soon.

Peace and DCUO Forever (hopefully)

P.S.
    I posted this for informational purposes only in case other did not see this. I did cut and paste this from the original thread.
    • Like x 4