Downtime and seasonal event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Edge, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I just logged on, and the MOTD says that at 9AM eastern there will be a six hour downtime to launch the seasonal event.

That's what passes for communication now.
    • Like x 6
  2. iLazy Well-Known Player

I pray that you are right. At least a little bit to do.
    Don't make the silence better but yea...
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

We'll find out in six hours. I'm pretty appalled that the first communication about this in the forum's had to come from me
    • Like x 2
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Wtf are you kidding me? So now both EU and US servers gotta wait like 6 hours (I’ll believe they’ll take that long) because they just couldn’t have had us download the most of the update last week or anything. So unprofessional. If people had the day off work and wanted do St. Pat’s and reset missions that sure went up in smoke. I guess it saves me looking up all day at work today whether a dev responds to our desperate pleas for communication here. I suspect that after four hours of downtime Miguel will just post a regular copypaste of the seasonal and Booster Bundle and that will be that. Daybreak is doing the bare minimum here. Smh
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Yay!

Something official on the forum page! Word from Mount Sinai is passed onto the eager unwashed masses!
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Wonder if the emote is still 100 clovers and if the styles are still removed.
  7. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

For all the complaining and bluster about cancelling subs and not buying this or that. This company will (AGAIN) have a big lump of cash injected into it by the addicts who can’t walk away. (Me saying addicts isn’t an attack on anyone at all! It’s just an observation)

People are unhappy! But it’s like they’re seeing it as… ANYTHING at all RE: communication, will satisfy them, and justify them spending on this stupid bollocks BB. (It’s Like… I said I’d not buy until the devs gave us something about the future, blah blah) the truth is though. Many are addicted to opening TC’s etc. knowing deep down that even if they open several hundred, they won’t get what they want (not even what they “want” but more… what’s new) hating themselves afterwards, and feeling ashamed that they’ve just spent MORE money, and swore they wouldn’t do it again. (Just like they’ve said to themselves in the past)

As a “higher up” the fact that I could sit back, and do basically the absolute bare minimum to keep a game “running”, give NOTHING RE: communication, whilst people threaten to leave and cancel etc; Yet… STILL pull in a truck load of money. I’d be lmfao! What woukd be my incentive to change ANYTHING?
    You will have some people leave, but… they aren’t important anyway! most don’t spend on the game. Only 4% of the population actually spend. Others who complain and threaten to leave etc… I could literally sit back, and watch the emptiness and fakeness of the “anger and threats” and not change a single thing. Knowing that I can say nothing for a whole year, no updates etc, and I’ll STILL have money coming in.

This is what I’d see as someone working for the company: everything else, I can look up their accounts and see who’s lying.

‘Nah! I’m not an addicted to this game! “I just love the game, and “SUPPORT it” and stick with it because I’ve been here so long, and hope the THIRTEEN YEAR OLD game will change for the better. I could never contemplate walking away. There are no other games like this anywhere. So even though I’m unhappy, I won’t walk away! I’ll complain! But that’s as far as I’ll go’
    • Like x 2
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

According to MiguelDaybreak’s previous post that’s the plan. I think Multiverse confirmed the changes on Test too unfortunately.
  9. Ryll Committed Player

There is normally an extended downtime for the st pats event. I don't know why people are acting like its a new thing?

Yea, I know it wasn't announced but check last years st pats downtime announcement. Or the years before that. Downtime to put the event up isn't a new thing. The not telling us about it is the new issue.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like a great question for a senior community manager...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. Shazam Well-Known Player

They are removed and yes its still 100 cloves. We need the money. Please if you don't have time to grind you can purchase 50 cloves for 500 DBC.

Shazam
    Senior Community Manager
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't recall a 6 hour downtime for last year's St Patrick's event but the year before that the downtime for St Patrick's event was a day before the event as part of a larger game update. And to the point of people being upset, downtimes from previous years were clearly communicated to us ahead of time.
    • Like x 2
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

My frustration is the lack of communication. I thought that was abundantly clear. Nobody was even sure if the seasonal was going to launch today or not. A lot of people speculated it would, and they were right. But there was no announcement that it was coming, and no announcement of downtime today unless you logged on and saw the message of the day.

For myself, I would have liked to have known the game was going to be down so I could have planned my day accordingly. I was on these forums last night to see if there was an announcement.
    • Like x 3
  14. Ryll Committed Player

Sure the downtime has happened before the event in the past. That doesn't change that there has been extended downtimes to put the seasonal active on live in previous years. So the extended downtime is not a new thing. The not having a CM to post the update is the new issue.
  15. Ryll Committed Player

And I acknowledge your frustration by plainly stating the not informing us is the new issue in the last sentence of my first post here.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Sucks that this wasnt informed yesterday.
    But i think its a good thing having the announcement in the MOTD in game. Thats something players been asking for a long time, for those that dont read the forums.
    But again...it should have been dkne yesterday. On the forums and MOTD in game (and also having the reminder in game today too)
    • Like x 1
  17. WhiteLanternNC Level 30

AI ain't got time for that.
    • Like x 2