IMPROVEMENTS FOR ENTER/PLAY IN RAIDS OMNIBUS/COLA

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by La Petaa, Mar 11, 2024.

1. La Petaa New Player

They could make it so that in all normal omnibus raids, there is an option to activate an ally as a tank, the mana and healing are passive like in the event raids, because there is a serious problem to be able to enter an old raid, I have thrown myself into Queue to enter a raid for an hour and it doesn't jump,

When it comes to jumping the queue, make some system that enters without having to be 8 people, because the population on the European PS server, it is very difficult to make some old DLC
    • Like x 2
  2. La Petaa New Player

They could also put an ally in the dlc bountys to be able to do it without having to wait to have a lot of people around to have to do it, everything that is old dlc
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk man, some people here on the forum say it's working perfectly fine and there is no reason to change anything.

But yeah, it's been suggested a million times and I have no issue with it at all. EverQuest 2 has a "mercenary" system where you can hire NPCs as a group member fill-in (also do roles). I actually thought that is what they were adding when they said they were adding allies, sadly this was not the case :(

The game definitely needs something to help the queues for sure. Either this or Reinhelds AQS idea or w.e it's called.
    • Like x 5
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

The only issue I have with this idea (because it isa good one), is that DCUO's friendly NPC AI is terrible. If DB or DI could improve NPC pathfinding and targeting, then this would definitely be welcome, especially in older instances on open worlds where there are not enough players participating.

Actually, thinking about it, even with current NPC AI, this would still be better than what we have now, which is nothing.
    • Like x 3
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

The population should pick up the pace when entering into the summer holiday. Many are on sabbatical so to speak and are scheduled to return as mentioned. Still hoping for the US PCPS and EU PCPS to take effect pending that appearance absolutely no need for drastic measures. We should remain vigilante for peak periods during the course of daily queues for specified instance. Just the other week was able to dust of AnB from trophy collection that was a hoot. People are still complaining aboot the ally system disappearing, the other day the ally page was on a frits as mentioned by other so was able to confirm there suspension with the code.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still waiting for Xbox population to get back from the "sabbatical" they've been on for 2+ years straight...
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If only someone ever suggested this before....:rolleyes:

And what does any of that have to do with a 'Cola'? I was really interested in hearing the big Cola idea.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't see an 'AI' NPC or ally getting very far. You're talking about them adding some new system, which when it doesn't work right, and let's face it....it won't work right...we'll just complain and throw stones at the system. I mean 1 out of 10 runs, WW will stand in the hallway after 1st boss in the raid...requiring a disband. We've got HOL bot or Krypto who will sometimes just stand there...or sometimes target a garbage can vs a Boss who's right in front of them and attacking you. I can see the same thing happening with some NPC 'player' who's supposed to be tanking or healing or whatever.
    • Like x 3
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

I was pondering on that and wonder if they were going for a Quality of Life (QoL) style meaning, kinda like a Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA).
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

All they need to do is have the NPC AI follow the player who added the extra queue option for mercenaries/allies/etc. the same way pets, allies, and henchmen work. That technology seems to work just fine (other than teleporting through doors and doing weird stuff there when enemies are outside the player's space).

Now, I say that as if it would be simple, but as a software developer, I doubt it would be as simple as it should be.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I have rather low expectations of people who I queue into with, but one would imagine people are wanting the allies to do things like tank they'd need to do slightly more than just follow someone around and taunt, especially if there are certain mechanics in play. Do they do breakouts? Do they do group shields? Do they gather adds or knock them back? If they want AI healers...do they just cast on a timer? Percentage based? Reactions? When do they shield? Do the AI controllers stun or just provide power? Do they buff? Do the DPS allies put out art-swapping numbers? Do any of them do pickups?

That's also not counting all of the other shenanigans you alluded to.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

True, they'd need to be somewhat more sophisticated than the current NPCs that follow us, but in terms of getting around the map and not getting stuck like we saw in FOS2 forever, following the player seems like a good option until/unless enemies are nearby. They would also need to be able to switch to following another player should the primary player disconnect/leave, or offer a way for the remaining players to open up the instance for new NPCs to follow someone else in that event.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I literally gave an example of the current raid where WW does exactly the opposite, causing a disband. There have been other runs also where this happens. Take DM/DME where sometimes the last boss will not reset until everyone warps rally. You going to have the NPC have a warp rally option and he'll know when to trigger it?

Not saying SOME games can't do it, but this one? In it's current state? No...I don't think so. If we get some resurge of the game somehow, maybe, but for today It's a pipe dream.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If the player the NPC is following warps rally, the NPCs should follow as part of their following restrictions. If I warp rally now, my pets and henchmen follow. Seems like that's already working.

The only thing that would make that difficult is the player may be seen by the system as in-combat due to the following NPCs being in combat, so they'd need to separate the in-combat logic a bit between players and NPCs/pets/henchmen/etc., which would probably be an overall improvement anyway.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you are giving too much credit...but sure. Personally I'd hold my breath for a 'go in short people' vs 'go in short BUT with NPC fillers' system to come along....if ANY system were coming...which it probably isn't.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Oh, I believe you're probably right about giving too much credit when looking at the current state of affairs. We currently have no idea how development is even going to occur going forward.
    • Like x 2
  16. Cypharr Committed Player

It's a console solution the problem must begin with Microsoft which will trickle down onto DCUO. ATM it's not looking good for Series X or S. So far it has come bottom last with PlayStation leading the charge. We do feel the impact of DCUO's market campaign on PS but studies show it's a seasonal practice just check YT for references. Nothing good is happening on Xbox every IP is on it's last leg. Gear of War was supposed to be cash cow if I may say ultimately didn't turn out as expected. This is a great opportunity to inform the devs on implementing a data transfer across platform of course at a high stipend xD to further consolidate our player across all board DCUO must survive.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Haha no, it's doing just fine. Sales don't mean **** get outta here with that console war nonsense ponyboy. We are talking about DCUO. Xbox used to have a decent population but just like everywhere else, it is rapidly diminishing. It has nothing to do with the console or your console war crap. DCUO is on Xbox One as well.

Just tired of hearing that nonsense. Oh and btw, it's Sony preventing the DCUO servers merge. So if anything, it must begin there.
  18. inferno Loyal Player

An A.I. ally/allies or like Genshin where you can switch out your own alts or build a reward system that actually attracts players into playing older content.
    Honestly, I think the third option, increasing rewards, is the best and easiest option to do. Just gotta figure out what rewards will motivate players to playing old content.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cypharr Committed Player

Just to funny to take my attention from matters ahead enjoy speaking with yourself and autoeroticism.
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

Don't they pretty much have every "role" as established AI already in game with the pet mechanics though?

Brick/sorcery pet (can't remember the name of it...)- Tank
    Watcher - Healer
    Gadgets Turret - Troll

If they were to remap the functions of these pets into a customizable AI controlled team (either Legends characters or player Alts/League mates), wouldn't most of the work be done already? The only thing they would be missing would be a way for the npc's to revive players, which might need to be left out intentionally as a way to still promote group play with active players.
    • Like x 1