125000 Max prestige limit??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VERTEX, Mar 9, 2024.

1. VERTEX New Player

So I created a league 3 days ago, i've been working a lot with my comrades, we got 125000 prestige, so today I bought the league hall. Somehow the prestige that we gain its not counting anymore, we get like 1 point of prestige per person. Is this a bug? I thougth that the limit was 400.000 prestige for this to happen...
    Can someone help me out?
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

There is a weekly cap of.. I think it's around 70k.

As the League get closer to the cap, the actual contributed Prestige becomes diminished. You can check how close you are by looking in the Loot Tab whenever you earn Prestige. It will say something like "Player earned 100 Prestige! The League only received 97/57/7/1 because it is close to the weekly maximum."

The weekly cap resets with weekly Loot Locks on Thursday.
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Have you been getting messages in the chat box that you're too close to the weekly cap, so are receiving a reduced amount of prestige? I think I read that in addition to the league-wide cap, there's also a weekly per-player cap of around 60,000 points. If that is the case and your league got 125,000 Prestige between three people in three days, at least two of you would be pretty close to capping out for the week.
    • Like x 4
  4. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

you can also check your loot tab

it'll show just how much prestige you've earned for an instance (solo, duo, alert, raid), prestige tokens and donations such as base items and gear

what's occurring is after a league earns more than 60K prestige - a regressive cap (or progressive however you wish to view it) is applied on prestige contributed to the league.

so for instance,
    once a league surpasses 60K prestige contributed, the player will see a regressive number of prestige points contributed to the league.

the number of prestige points contributed to the league becomes lesser and lesser as a league continues to earn prestige

it'll start out with a 1% regression and go all the way to 100% regression (where though you have earned prestige - 0% is applied to the league)

>> Prestige resets once a week on Thursday at 12am (midnight) PST <<

If you use the prestige tokens (since it equals 100 prestige pts), you can easily see how much is contributed (and how much of a regression) to the league.

With instances, it takes a little bit of math to figure it out, but you can just figure out how much 1% or 10% is of the prestire earned and derive an answer.

for instance,
    a player earn 300 prestige pts from an alert, but only 12 pts were contributed to the league.

1% of 300 = 3

3 x ? = 12

? = 4

so only 4% of prestige was contributed to the league (or you can look at it as a 96% regression rate was placed on prestige contributed to the league)
  5. Proxystar #Perception

TBH I don't even know why prestige is capped, it's just stupid.
    • Like x 6
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

• Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You could be running into the weekly cap (if you have been hitting it hard lately). As the others have said, it's 75K...or 60K or whatever. In any case, you should see something in loot that says you are at your weekly maximum so you'll get less (including and up to getting 0), but after Thursday it resets, so I wouldn't worry about it till after Thursday and you still see 0s. If that's the case after reset, I'd drop a ticket in...no one will be able to help you here as that WILL be a bug at that point.
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

It looks like maybe 60K is when they start "clamping" the Prestige, like you said. If OP's league got 125K in three days, they most definitely hit the weekly cap. Frankly, I'm not sure how they even managed to get 125K, what with the cap.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If they knocked out 50 or 60 before Thursday, then again Friday/Saturday they could get a combined 125K in 3 days.
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's the only way I can see it, if they got a bunch of that on Wednesday evening and night, before reset.
  12. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Yeah I don't get it either.
  13. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I'm unsure what the limit is for prestige (75K?)
    I suppose I could test....

anyone could do this (well you'll need a lot of source marks and it's helpful to have 7+ rows of inventory space)
    testing at midnight just after reset - helps so that the prestige doesn't increase from someone going into their base, completing an instance, donating base or gear items and using prestige tokens.
    ( if you're in a small league, this may be much easier to test, being the only member online really helps and hopefully you didn't exit the game from your base - because you'll respawn at your base and contribute prestige [I think? not sure]..)

so you could get to the limit (75K?) of weekly prestige points

go to deathmetal DC open world and use the vendor Lobo

from my calculations, the back gear is the most efficient to buy as it costs 4 source marks and you get 1261 prestige
    source marks/prestige = a higher number is better (more efficient)
    ( it's the purple gear right when you access the vendor )

using back gear:
    if you buy 10 pieces of gear you get 12610 prestige (cost = 40 source marks)
    expand that to 48 pieces of gear you get 60528 prestige (cost = 192 source marks)
    have your loot tab open and you can see the prestige contributions lessen, once you donate the 48th piece of gear

so continue to donate gear and you can watch prestige applied to the league decrease in the loot tab, until you get to the max
    (70 pieces of gear is not enough to hit the max - ' I think ' )
    - haven't tested and I'm guessing at the regression rate % - (if I knew the rate, I would just calculate and know the exact amount of gear to donate to get to 0 prestige pts contributed to the league).

maybe someone can confirm/verify max amount of weekly prestige

also of note,
    each league buff costs 25K prestige, maxing out league buffs = 325K (25K x 13 buffs)
    its a 4 week cycle to spend prestige pts on buffs
    so each week - if you get to 81250 prestige, you'll be able to buy all buffs

strategy:
    you may need to skip a week (don't buy buffs) in order to achieve max buffs for the league
    you may wish to get to 400K first prior to spending for league buffs and have a 75K cushion
    if you have a lot of active players, you may wish to spend source marks on Wed (prior to reset)
    if you don't have a lot of active players, you may wish to spend source marks on Thursday (after reset)
    some of the buffs are not as important to some leagues (you decide)
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There's not really a reason to 'test' it...we know there is a limit per week...whether it's 60, 75 or whatever. The guy with the original question was wondering why his Prestige no longer counted after buying the league hall...the answer is that he hit the limit. When donating any items, or running whatever content, the loot tab will reflect that you are either nearing the cap (and getting less prestige) or hit the cap already (and getting 0 prestige), but either way it will reset on Thursday.

For the record, there should be no prestige cap, or it should be vastly higher. I think prestige was capped originally to spread the process of building and fully gearing league halls to give people something to do over time, but now, as most leagues are past that point, there is no reason to have a cap that basically just allows for it to be spent on buffs constantly. It's a PITA to police and maintain unless you are in a very active league with good membership. I'd guess most people are doing similar to what you are outlining here and going in to 'buy' the prestige, either with the gear or the donatable catalysts...both of which...if you are doing it that way...serves no purpose to force a session of donation each week. Just let us pile it up and spend it over the course of a month.
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

The weekly cap is 100,000 but you get diminished return at 75,000 i just had to re- grind a league with a league hall in 2 days recently using source marks. Its super easy to do if you know how to turn sm into prestige
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You didn't know about the cap? Oh you poor sweet innocent soul.