The end is near

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 12, 2024.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

No updates coming at all, instead they feed you with more BBs.

Plus that radio silence is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.

I guess that at the moment they're debating about "future" or "closure" of DC Universe Online?

The topic is probably about "Can this game be more milked for other games developement...?"

They admited that already in this presentation below:

No doubt that this game is on its last legs.

Prepare because we may see soon the last annoucement.

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  2. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

"Prepare"?
    • Like x 2
  3. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

The game has been deprioritized by Daybreak. Any revenue generated by it will be going towards the development of newer more updated games that utilize more current gen gaming engines. If they dare update this game to newer graphics and a new engine it would cost the company millions which isn't worth it for them. Not to mention risking the chance of losing thousands of paying members who have older computers and ps4 players that don't want to go out and buy new gaming rigs and ps5 consoles. It is what it is. Accept it and enjoy it or don't and move onto other games.
    • Like x 4
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The game makes an incredible amount of money believe it or not There are 385 000+ membership players that's not counting microtransactions. With that said Next Gen update is only 30% of what can be done on the latest generation consoles. And with that said for them to have brought DC Universe up to 30% for next gen which absolutely cost them $200 million by now to pull off. You can bet your *** it's going to look really wicked and they will continue to clean code to bring that percentage up higher until we are ready to jump to the next game engine. The next episode is ready to release episode 47 when a new episode releases the game is estimated to make anywhere between 6 to 8 million in its first month. The game is definitely not going anywhere
  5. appocolyps Committed Player

I think im secretly hoping it does at this point, would rather it close than keep going forward the way it is currently.
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I called some movers about moving the furniture out of my lairs and they looked at me like I was nuts.
    • Like x 4
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Cool...

Any idea when that is going to be? o_O
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

No idea but the files are loaded and ready to go on test server which means most likely a liveatream this week
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Answer is obvious.....

Soon.

May Mepps forgive me. :(

;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Sollace Well-Known Player

the end is before your eyes

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. zNot Loyal Player

As i asked the previous community manager about a statement about this he deleted all my comments and warned me twice about it lol gets to show what a spot i hit and also others who asked about this
    • Like x 2
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

All funded by DCUO btw. Unless we count DnD online or EG7 mobile stuff adding to some of that funding? So basically EG7’s most popular games which we’re the top one is taking all the money made going to their least popular games. Great work everybody!
    • Like x 2
  14. kallader Committed Player

Loving the irony you put link to a video where the main goal is to tell peoples stop to freak out on forum and you do a freak out post and add the video link like an never ending loop of stupidity
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They keep trying to make H1Z1 the next Fortnite or CoD Modern Warfare just ****** stop stop stop!!!! Wtf are you doing Daybreak! This is why we can never have nice things in DCUO. Someone in Daybreak thinks H1Z1 will finally succeed at the expense of DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But..... But....... where is DCUO?? :eek: :eek:

:oops:
    • Like x 3
  17. kallader Committed Player

not sure I believe H1z1 would be saved and not Dcuo XD
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... that happens allllll the time.

Many time I saw studios take the $$$ from Project A to finance Project B.

It's sad.... but that happens all the time,
    • Like x 2
  19. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

lol Planetside was sold off. Maybe the sale of Planetside will fund DCUO ep48, 49, and 50 and any money made from the dozen TC and boosters and resurgance capsules etc, during this year and a half between ep 48 - ep 50 (a dlc every 6 months) will be funneled to fit the bill on those other games. /sigh
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

DCUO is a licensed game.

We do not know how expensive the license is.
    The license for DCUO could be very expensive??

If the license is too expensive.... I could see them prioritize another game instead even if DCUO makes a lot of $$$.

Also..... there is the headache of dealing with DC Comics all the time. Maybe dealing with DC is a nightmare??

There is Bioware who created Dragon Age because dealing with WotC for D&D games was a nightmare.

And the same with Mass Effects..... it was created to replace Star Wars because dealing with LucasArts was a nightmare too.
    Ironically enough... they still made Star Wars games with The Old Republic. ;)
    • Like x 1