The Somewhat real, but totally **not real** Producers Letter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 11, 2024.

1. PrinceD Active Player

I didn't see toxicity in this post, you know what doesn't help the game? lack of communication, you also know what doesn't help the game at all? you have a presentation from eg7 saying that they will no longer invest in the game, and you look at everquest 2 and they already have the entire roadmap planned for this year, here we have absolutely nothing just booster bundles confirmed for this year.
    • Like x 7
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah for real. Makes me miss EQ2 tbh
    • Like x 4
  3. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

You don't see the post as toxic because you condone this behavior when it aliens with your agenda. If Mr Some was here this post would have been taken down, better yet it would have never been made. People are taking advantage of it and feel they have a form of power on how this game continues. The majority of the toxic people are acting like it's middle school and there is a substitute teacher in the class.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tros Well-Known Player

So this is the new generation of Devs defenders?
    • Like x 5
  5. PrinceD Active Player

I feel sorry for you for seeing it this way, most players are just tired of how things are being done, at the end of the day we are all in the same boat, and you don't know me to say that I tolerate toxic behavior, I just don't see this post as something toxic, it's just a parody of how things are in the last few months, anyway that's your point of view, and yes if Mr Some was still here the topic would have already been removed, but maybe thats why the things are in that way now, maybe is that the reason? Isn't that a reason why the community is the way it is? I've always tried to see the devs' side, but in the last few months there's been no way, I love this game and I've always been playing the game, I never used my fingers to type that the game's servers were going to shutdown, or something like that, like many people do, but tolerating things as they are, I'm sorry, you need to wake up to reality... the situation is not good, players will complain until things settle down, and there's no point in accusing them of toxicity, because we need each other, a game without content is a dead game, a mmo without players you will be not able to play the game, just try understand why
    many are fed up with how things are in these days!
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Who is Mr Some?
    • Like x 6
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I wouldn't pay that dude much mind, I'm pretty sure he is the one who is roleplaying constantly (as evidenced by mentioning himself in 3rd person), even in "serious" conversations on the Facebook groups. The astronomical lengths he takes, I'm pretty sure he actually believes he is the real "Owlman" and in real life. I'm shocked he didn't write "SILENCE!!!" yet.
    • Like x 1
  8. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

New generation? The Owlman has been here from day one. He takes breaks from the forums usually courtesy of a free vacation from the devs when a cupcake from the forums reports him. Who are you?
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Based on the other errors in the post, I suspect this was a speech-to-text gone wrong in many places. It all made me laugh.

As far as the person's argument goes, I do not see the post that started this thread as toxic. It may not belong in this discussion group, but given the other threads lately casting doom and gloom in the same group, I think it was needed here for some comic relief at the very least.
    • Like x 3
  10. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Who are most players? The small percentage of people on the forums do not speak for the majority of the population of the game but seem to have more say so than actual paying customers. Most of the toxic posts of late are coming from attention seekers who have nothing else to do in life but complain about a video game we all love. Instead of showing paticent and support when our team is struggling the majority of the people turn on them when they need us the most
    The game has been here for us for 13 years. Don't you think it is time for us to be there for them? No relationship is perfect but if you believe in it you stand by each other through the good and the bad.
    • Like x 1
  11. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Don't take him serious yet you know exactly who The Owlman is as does everyone on this thread that has played for over 13 years. Here and FB The Owlman has no clue who you are but you are well aware of The Bad guys world famous catchphrase. Sad.
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

They need that money, they really really do, they need that money.

I wonder how many D'ink employees rock back and for forth on the x and y axis?

Stupid fn community, they just want to chill.
    • Like x 1
  13. PrinceD Active Player

My friend, in the game the situation is even worse... about supporting the game and supporting the team, I think many of us want to support them, but supporting the wrong decisions? I'm sorry I won't go down this path, we are out of communication, we don't have a guarantee of what's to come this year, all we have are leaks, I want to be wrong, I hope they release a roadmap and show to me and people's who complaints were in vain and that all this silence was for the good of the community as they were working hard and didn't have time to communicate with us, but I can't believe it, especially after a more unnecessary moment when they announced a booster bundle, I love this game and I'm not complaining for no reason, I'm seeing several friends give up on the game, I decided to take a break too because it's very difficult to play these days, I hope the best for the game I hope it's a phase, but I'm not going to judge who is dissatisfied, and yes there are people who will always complain, but many who are complaining now are with reason...and I leave here my comment to the team, many of us are not against you, many of us just want to understand the situation and maybe be able to support, but for that we need communication, not speakin in the name of the comunity but speakin for myself and knowing the situation of people i know who left the game.
    • Like x 3
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Says the one who literally all they do is attention seek and post toxic PvP nonsense posts on the Facebook groups (even constantly complaining about people using artifacts, allies, and SP in duels), even going as far to post pictures of them in the groups to"call them out". Always in 3rd person at that. Can't ever have a serious discussion with you without you roleplaying.

They don't need us/our opinion nor our support... Just our money.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You know exactly who I am lol, Mike Y. on FB
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

In all honesty, I'm starting to believe that the companies saw what happened with Ark and are following suit. They saw the extreme radio silence yet they still made bank with the atrocious "Ark Survival Ascended" release. (I refer to it as the "Fyre Fest" of gaming, a remaster of the original that was mostly a copy-paste job after claiming it was reworked from the ground up. Also promised to be a free upgrade to the original, instead they shut down official servers and forced players to get the New Gen console and/or pay large sums of money to keep their Official progress they spent 10+ years on in order to keep playing official).

That game is literally doing 10,000x worse than this one, yet you see a constant flow of the same exact arguments heh
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So.... DCUO will shut down the Servers and force us to buy a PS7 and to pay $5000 per month to keep on playing DCUO?? o_O
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Although to be fair.... I could see them trying to push us towards a new game like SS VS JL.... and then pulling the plug on DCUO.

Sadly for WB..... SS VS JL is a pretty Epic failure. No one will leave DCUO for that game. Although right now the way things are going many will probably leave DCUO for another game. Heck some already did. I hear HeallDivers 2 is pretty good. ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. PrinceD Active Player

no please, sskjl is horrible lol hope is not that reason
    • Like x 3
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

I laugh only so that I don't cry.
    • Like x 4