Devs if you are not doing artifact 2x xp week anymore please tell us

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Mar 12, 2024.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If you guys are not doing bonus art xp i wish you would just tell us that. Its been a year since the last one. I have been saving metal for months and i want to bring up my alts arts but i can't because i know if i do the art xp week will be the very next week after i use everything. This has happened to me twice already so until that bonus week shows up or you guys confirm its no longer happening i'm afraid to level my arts because i don't wish to be burned a 3rd time so please just tell us if its no longer a thing.

At this point i would rather have no more 2x artifact weeks anymore because at least then i could level my arts without feeling burned.
    • Like x 1
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Whelp, now we definitely won't get a 2x nth metal XP bonus. You said you'd prefer that, and they'll listen. ;)

I was going to wait until December and see if we had one and then just use it during the holidays when developers are out if there still hadn't been one. With the state of the game, I may forego that and use it this weekend to get the most out of my money while the game still has a reasonable US population. My wife and I have one more year of subscriptions, but I doubt we'll renew them at that point unless things drastically change here.
    • Like x 1
  3. Roocck Committed Player

A heads up would be greatly appreciated to ensure that everyone is prepared and on time for upcoming events or meetings. By giving people advance notice, it allows them the opportunity to plan and allocate their time accordingly.

Whether it be a reminder for a start date and or deadline, a heads up can prevent last-minute rushes and stress. It also demonstrates thoughtfulness and consideration for others' commitments.

Additionally, providing a heads up creates a sense of anticipation and excitement for the upcoming event. It allows individuals to mentally prepare and get in the right mindset, leading to a more productive and enjoyable experience.

Overall, a simple heads up can go a long way in ensuring that everyone is ready and present for the task at hand. It is a small gesture that can make a big difference in promoting efficiency, punctuality, and overall harmony in any situation.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It has been communicated in the past that they want to remove the "predictability" behind 2xs events. That said, players are still going to save their Nth metal for such events regardless if it is announced out of the blue, or scheduled. Just have to be disciplined to do it.

Due to the lack of communication, and the recent cash grab drop in amidst of it all, one could only speculate the reduction of 2xs coming if any at all....to include more implementation of pay to play and progress looming.
    • Like x 5
  5. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I understood how you feel bud but giving what's going on they don't even know when to drop there New booster trash bundles on top of the one they already have lol. So whatever is going on behind the scenes, its probably Hectic but besides that still save up and fight the urge NEVER let them see you ask about something because the more you crave it the more they will Deny you it. I dare them to prove me wrong.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thank you for the AI answer to why a heads up is important. :D
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

They don't have to tell you if they are going to be nice enough to provide a bonus or not. You sound entitled and spoiled. They don't have to give you anything extra, ever, or any bonuses at all whatsoever for that matter.

Also, the last 2x artifact week was in June, so it has not been a year (yet). It is probable that they took into account the extra months they DIDN'T wait between that one and the one prior, because it was released way early alongside the EoG nerf as a bonus to help. So take the 6 or 7 months between them as you (possibly) usually can, and slap on the 3 months they did it early. 9-10 months easy. With that math, it might even happen this month for all you know.

I have a suggestion: Don't wait for something that was never written in stone that would ever come. In this case, 2x artifact XP week. Play the game how it was meant to be played? I don't see it written anywhere that you HAVE to wait for a bonus week to spend your nth metal.

These bonuses were not added to be 100% relied upon to even simply play the dang game normally.
    • Like x 1
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

DeitySupreme told everyone to wait! ;)

Artifact Guide | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

They have actually said before that the more people ask, the more they delay it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  11. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

I seriously doubt they’ll be doing x2 nth anymore. Look at the amount of nth that’s being saved by players across multiple toons. People have enough to max out 2-3-4 arts if they drop the x2 week. They stand to gain no money from it. (Not really) and then… they’ll not give another if they make very little from it.

They’ll give it, then drop a new art the following week/within a month. They do it all the time. X2 won’t take away from the emptiness, nor staleness of the game now.

They’ve put out less and less content (in both quality, and quantity) and filled the gaps with cash grabs. Many really have seen the “formula” for some time now, and they won’t return long term. They wil no longer spend like they did. This company have neglected the players for too long, and it’s blowing up in their face.
    Personally! I log in, collect my reward for membership (that won’t be renewed after this one) and log out. I’ve nothing left I need in the game, apart from sp (which I don’t need really) all this “be the best” get everything maxed etc. it’s all bollocks! Bollocks on repeat (like the content)

Proxy probably hit the nail right on the head with the mock letter. I know most of the forum users are American. I’m EU. And the EU is fkn dead! Unless they get a HUGE injection of players (not spam bots) I truly have zero interest in returning to stand around and wait for content or groups to disband after not being able to get a tank for 1 hour.

It’s only when you leave this game (even just for a few weeks) you come back, and see the rut you’re stuck in whilst playing it.

An x2 week will prob come around sometime near the next dlc drop (knowing that both will bring players back for a week, and give a big numbers boost) but… the company have zero fks for ideas on how to keep the players. The only thing they huge to offer, is regurgitated content and bosses, and insane prices for absolute s*** items that are paywalled.

If they do implement the client update, I can only imagine the chaos that comes with it.
    • Like x 5
  12. Ryll Committed Player

At this point...a wipe of nth metal on the server would be funny as hell.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

That would be tragic, and would have to re-consider any options as a paying customer. I would also assume that many would follow. That would be probably the final nail in the coffin if such a wipe isn't related to removing the artifact system all together.
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Very well said and so true.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I only laughed at this because I don't play anymore, but holy Christmas this would be like throwing water in a giant Ace Chemicals vat sized grease fire. I'm now laughing at how bad that would be lmao
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Part of me kind-of hopes they don't, merely for the sole reason of how snobby it made people. Heh.
  17. Ryll Committed Player

How many people pack ratted exobits only to have them rendered useless with a change in the game.
    • Like x 2
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I do not believe that was what made them snobby. I never asked when and just waited for each one patiently, so I suspect those who have asked when are the same people/kids who ask "Are we there yet?" over and over again. ;) Logic would suggest that asking when the next one will be will merely delay the next one happening.
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I definitely resemble that remark. Ah, all the tiny amounts of XP I gained from that across several characters. They really should have made those worth more XP for the new system given how much farming I had to do to get those. I'm still a little salty about that one.
    • Like x 2
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I love it. The uprising would be extreme. So many spoiled and entitled children hahaha

I was going to add to my post, the rotten apples spoil the bunch, but I thought that went without saying.

And yeah, absolutely, such as I mentioned about 30 mins ago:
    • Like x 1