New Community Manager has gone strangely quiet...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

That's the thing people need to understand, how many times now has it been said

"we'll get it better on the next DLC or just give them this DLC to get things sorted" and then nothing changes, too many times is how many times that has been said.

The time for talking is over, the developers need to start walking instead of just talking.
    • Like x 7
  2. Green Action Well-Known Player

Proxy they don't care about us, never have, never will.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think it's entirely on the developers. I think it starts with poor management and the **** rolls downhill.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not happy with the current state of the game, and perhaps they don't care, perhaps they do care, but if you are truly of the belief that they don't care, then you should consider whether what you're doing on the forums is constructive at least.

You aren't actually doing anything positive by trying to encourage people to review bomb the game for example.

We can be unhappy about the state of the game and vent, and perhaps you do see that our comments as futile, but you can be angry while remaining constructive, you don't have to go around trying to get people to quit, trying to get people to review bomb, trying to get people to unsub.

If people want to spend money on the game, they're welcome to do that, if they don't they're welcome not too, I'm not going to encourage anyone to do anything, I'm only going to speak my mind and express my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

When I personally refer to development, that includes management, they're part of development.

I certainly think the management part has been lacking for some time, probably ever since Jack Emmert if I'm being honest, but that's just my personal view.
    • Like x 5
  6. Green Action Well-Known Player

aye my friend you aren't wrong, But sometimes, doing thing differently then everyone else is way to get answer's faster, whether others like the way it's being done, is not up to them, but sometimes being an a hole, will wake a company up, and shake it's to the core, you want change, you have to take matters into your hands, or sit on them and do nothing but type.
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Prolly found an envelope under a keyboard noting how toxic the forum players are and to not interact with them or they will chew you up. Just imagine all the bs they had to delete in that other multi-hundred-page thread and prolly ordered a self prescription of nothing but happy-hol.
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I understand your frustration, I'm just as frustrated. We have zero information coming out of the Company to assuage our concerns / fears. Past performance by the Company in the last year (to be generous) has been disappointing. But I have to disagree with a call to review bomb the game. It could do irreparable damage and have unintended consequences that will negatively affect all of us. I know this is coming from your heart because you love this game just like I do.

We don't know what the Company has planned for DCUO. We don't know what they intend to do to address the new situation caused by the layoffs in not just this game company but a lot of others too. So review bombing could undermine plans for revival we don't even know exist.

At this point is impossible for the Company to not know that their gaming community is upset with them. I'm certain the message has been heard loud and clear (just like the discontent with a certain decision made 30 months and 10 days ago but who's counting.. see other thread).

All I'm saying is let's not do something or promote something rash in the absence of information that could make things worse for us in the long run. The only reason any of us are here on this Forum is because we love this game, we want it to flourish, we want it to last for years to come. Otherwise why waste our time?
    • Like x 5
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

All six or seven of us on here who are into two raids per episode will be pleased. Everyone else, not so much.
    • Like x 4
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Funny.... I quoted something like that recently....

The time for Half Measure and talk is over.
    - Maximus
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

No, you actually don't have to ever actually be an a hole ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

To be fair while that might be true mainly for Daybreak Games and honestly they’ve had their ups and downs regarding DCUO (can’t speak for their other catalogs of games) but generally still new to this is the studio they made especially for DCUO (or the cancelled Marvel game really) is Dimensional Ink and the corporation that bought and acquired them their patent company EG7. Does Daybreak mishandle DCUO more often that not? Yup. But what about the newish studio under them DI and their new bosses EG7? Probably new experiences for both and now with even newer employees I know this might be huge cope but I’m still willing to believe like I did two years ago there’s someone in their organization willing to turn this game around for good and not crash it into oblivion. Yes major cope by now but I still have faith. Maybe? My biggest fear and concern is it’s not down to DI how they run DCUO they’re just following orders with little input (hence why everything is slow to get done) and EG7 has little to no managing of DCUO either they’re just signing checks. Nope it’s Daybreak Daybreak Daybreak who are micromanaging DCUO and hence why it’s the state it’s in today. And if that’s the case if DBG refuses to either let go and allow the remaining devs to shine with the game or at least try to do something about the multitude of problems the game has, then yeah DCUO going to die soon. That’s the problem with DCUO. It’s never been the game itself or the devs and designers that work on it or the supposed toxic community who asks too much of a really great game. It’s Daybreak and I’m tired of it being like this every time. I’m hoping and praying for change here but who knows?
    • Like x 2
  13. BƖack Dedicated Player

@Angeliana last posted on 29 Feb. and today we've 11 March.

So it's been a radio silence exactly for:

- 11 Days
    - 1 week and 4 days
    - 264 hours
    - 15 840 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Don’t know for sure but it looks like MiguelDaybreak is doing the Mepps stuff it seems. Angeliana was only supposed to be temporary.
    • Like x 2
  15. Sollace Well-Known Player

If all this is for a total renewal at DC this is not what people are complaining about here, I think many would like a refresh of the DLC content, because holding 6 months with this style of content will clearly not last long, but the problem is not there, the problem is the lack of communication that the community is currently facing, we are led to believe that continues for the better, but everyone feels that this is false and that something is going on, remained under license is even worse, because it makes the community even more uncertain about the future of DC.

While they are not surprised after people eventually stop spending on the game and even leave it for good, because playing on silence as they do now, that is probably what will happen, unless that is what they are looking for...
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Being an a hole is just being an a hole. No company gets "shaken up" by customers acting like a holes. The result is only that a holes won't be responded to, and then the a holes will complain that "nobody gets responded to."

We don't know what the heck is doing on at Dimensional Ink/Daybreak right now and complaining and asking questions is completely legitimate. Polite complaining and questions. Not acting like an a hole.

We don't know what the future holds. But whatever it does, acting like a grown-up is what is expected of grown-ups. Give it a try.
    • Like x 3
  17. BƖack Dedicated Player

*Update*

Angeliana last posted on 29 Feb. and today we've 14 March.

Continuation, At the moment the dead silence It's been exactly for:

- 2 weeks
    - 14 days
    - 336 hours
    - 20 160 minutes
    - 1209600 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Angeliana is the EverQuest community manager and was filling in here for a few days. Miguel, on the other hand...no clue about the nature of his role, if he's supposed to be another fill-in or if he's the new permanent one.
    • Like x 3