Finally a nerf centre for the powers that be?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It happens when you're on watch from the moderators. I've been there. Other people don't see your messages until a moderator confirms they're appropriate.
    • Like x 2
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I agree that precision is the easiest.

Yes, might at end game, with skill and some time developing a rotation, be can be really powerful. Celestial DPS can be very powerful though! I have had a Celestial character since just after it's release. If done right, it can land some huge hits. My 2nd favorite power lol.
  3. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Then stop complaining about prec being so strong and easy to use if you are an endgame players and dont touch the clamped content. You dont need to do all the top damage all the time. Just get through the content, play as you want in clamped content.
    End game let yourself shine with your might builds. You've just admitted you hate how "easy" prec is. How much harder COULD it be. There is no innovation on weapons and all close melee combos is out of the question in elites and onwards
    • Like x 1
  4. Roocck Committed Player

It's not about wanting to do all the top damage all the time, it's about wanting a balanced and fair gameplay experience for all players, regardless of their playstyle or preferences. Precision powers being strong and easy to use may not be a problem for some, but for many players, it can greatly impact the overall balance of the game and diminish the enjoyment of playing.

Just getting through the content is not the only goal for many players - they want a challenge, they want to be able to test their skills and abilities against tough enemies and bosses. Innovation in gameplay and diversity in playstyles are what make a game dynamic and engaging, and when certain powers or abilities dominate the meta, it limits that creativity and variety.

Endgame content should be a place where all builds and playstyles can shine, not just those that are considered the most powerful or easy to use. It's important for the developers to listen to the feedback of the community and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that the game remains enjoyable and balanced for all players. Let's strive for a game environment where all players can feel accomplished and successful, regardless of their chosen playstyle.
    • Like x 2
  5. Roocck Committed Player

While it's true that precision builds may be easier to set up and use compared to might builds, the issue lies in the balance and impact of these builds on the overall gameplay experience. The fact that precision builds are easier and quicker to set up can lead to a lack of diversity in playstyles among endgame players, with many gravitating towards what is perceived as the simplest and most efficient option.

When a particular power set or playstyle dominates the meta due to its ease of use, it can significantly limit the variety and creativity in gameplay. Players should have the freedom to choose their playstyle based on personal preference and strategic decision-making, rather than feeling pressured to conform to a particular build for the sake of efficiency.

Endgame content should provide a challenge and an opportunity for all playstyles to shine, rather than favoring one type of build over others. It's important for the developers to consider these concerns and make adjustments to ensure that the game remains balanced, engaging, and rewarding for all players. Let's strive for a game environment where all playstyles are viable and where players can feel accomplished and successful regardless of their chosen build.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Also, perhaps they should test their own content with using only powers that are deemed "the weakest", compare with the opposite, and see where to go from there.
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This whole easier to use precognitive disposition is comical. You need to be engaged at all times to maximize precision damage and minimize animation windows.

Might players are pressing 1 2 3 4. It's a snoozefest. The only fun in playing a might build is against a sparring target when you're developing and testing the pattern and weighing it againdt other options. The actual use of it is mind-numbing. It's probably why most people are terrible with pick-ups. They're spacing out, man.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Funny, I hear the exact same thing about prec, where the muscle memory practically takes over and the only difference is their fingers hurt by the end.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

To an extent... sure. But you're still playing a musical instrument. You can't just take 6 shots, drink 3 beers, and hit the bong before going on stage and expect it to sound the same.

Might on the other hand... pretty sure I could do it blacked out and rolling around naked with one hand.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Actually it's not always just 1, 2, 3, 4, rinse and repeat. We gotta lunge, block, roll, do combos on some powers, all while mitigating damage (because might players are strong enough to maintain aggro in alerts), and keeping an eye on the precision players because they don't move out of lava (or whatever other ground effect they're too zoned out to notice). Might players have to maintain focus on all sorts of things during that 1 through 4 button sequence.
    Precision is just clap, throw, spin, clap throw spin, clap, throw, OMG I ALMOST FELL ASLEEP, lol.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Meanwhile might: "crap I got stuck in animation again! *Then slowly runs/rolls out of lava because not superspeed*
    • Like x 2