DCUO Collaborations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ughitsjaylon, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Ughitsjaylon Level 30

DCUO should consider collabs. it would be a breath of fresh air and an opportunity to attract new and old players to the game if executed correctly.

Any thoughts?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They have done that in the past with Batman vs Superman film and the CW's Arrowverse, it didn't turn out well. The source material for content they're allowed to put out is limited to printed comics for now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I actually think the collabs were cool and actually turned out well, they just seemed to get shut down very quickly by WB/DC

I agree I'd love to see more collabs and link ins with wider DC material, comics launches, tv episodes, movies, all of it.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah I thought that was little screwy and it was right after they said they there were no plans to remove the swag bags.
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

My dream collaboration would be a Mortal Kombat episode. There’s already precedent for this with the DC vs MK game and the Injustice games. Heck it’d be a good way to give us PVP content. But alas I’m sure the MK rights would be too pricey for Daybreak’s bank account.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Still hoping for Spawn crossover.
    • Like x 1
  7. kallader Committed Player

• Like x 4
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah color me surprised we actually got another crossover episode in like forever?
  9. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

The collabs we had in the past were nice, but unfortunately, all of them came with issues.

CW Supergirl as a legends character - Had to be removed and the retexture of Supergirl reverted

BvS movie pack - Removed in a week (should have stayed for a month) Licensing issues, those who bought could keep them.

Not sure about other ones like Death of Superman Event (now a dlc) or Deluge.

But yeah, would be nice to see more, just sucks to see them taken away so quick
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those two aren't collabs.
  11. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Kinda thought they weren't, was fighting myself about it lol, ty for clarification though
    • Like x 1
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

I was gonna rename my league Amalgam Universe, inevitable settled with Union Jack
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I would like to see a styles collab with all the styles from Injustice 1 and 2 put in DCUO. Time capsules, style drops in content, gear bought with "x" episode marks, direct MP purchase DR Fate vendor, loyalty rewards vendor, daily log-in / monthly bonus, Booster vendor, etc etc etc.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It's too bad at the end of the DC movies they didn't include a short ad for DCUO. They could use the same video they use for the release of the latest DLC.
  16. Super Summoner New Player

Always thought it was cool how SEGA and Capcom were not uptight about this. They collab with willing participants. Just seems not many are willing.

One collab I always wanted was Capcom and Marvel for that superhero MMO, but it got shutdown haha. Marvel x Capcom (Which is actually a series).

My sig is a FFXI and DCUO collab.

Final Fantasy x DC, guy can dream.
    • Like x 1
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I thought the Bombshells episode was some kind of collab too but I guess it turns out DC owns those WW2 era alternate universe versions of the Birds of Prey since they haven’t removed the items off Marketplace so far?
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

There’s that Multiverse game which is basically the WB version of Super Smash Bros. Haven’t played it so can’t vouch for it if it’s good or not but a tie in to DCUO would’ve been so sweet. Especially with Looney Toons and CN characters. Ah well
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DC printed a Bombshells series in 2015 making them official canon. I hope we get a large scale Bombshells episode in the future.
    • Like x 2
  20. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Okay, that would be pretty cool.

As for RWBY, I kind of lost interest in the series after Season 2, but I probably wouldn't complain about a collab -- and it would be a lot easier than some of the others that have been suggested, seeing as how Warner Bros. owns Rooster Teeth.