Stabilizer Mission

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Feb 26, 2024.

1. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I wanted to edit this into my last post, but stupid YouTube takes nearly TWO HOURS to upload a 2-minute video. :mad:

• Like x 1
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

After watching Multiverse's video, I tried the stabilizer event like 14 different times with different toons, using only a single ability, no problem. I tried it again using only a basic ranged attack and again with the basic melee attack, more difficult for sure, had to pop a soda, but still completed it.

Heck for the hell of it I tried it with only blocking, it took over 12 minutes to complete and I almost died 5 times.

Then I tried it on a new toon that just got to level 10, as you mentioned here, but I went a step further and removed everything except one ability and used just 1sp for faster travel and sodas. Here is the result.
    • Like x 3
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Can we make it so the first instance, any instance we complete for the day rewards us our daily stabilizer fragments giving us the option to earn them with a really easy solo or a super hard elite raid?
    • Like x 2
  4. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

They are already in a really easy solo.. :D But I see what you mean just whatever is the first instance you do, you get the daily fragments, that would be cool as well.
    • Like x 2
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Makes me think of the good old days...

Its only going to take a little focused game play to be able to breeze through it. You could get there in a few hours.
  6. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I don't think you really even need to focus on it at all, I have done the stabilizer mission while in another room talking to someone and just pressing buttons. But that was on a fully equipped toon, so I guess that is not a fair comparison.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Actually if you think about it doesn't this show that progression does matter and the clamp isn't as all nerfing as some have been led to believe?
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Well, there it is! Proof that Gadgets needs to be nerfed!!! /s

:p
    • Like x 2
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I appreciate you taking the time to provide an example of what it is like to be newer to the game. I think this just shows that I was KO'd because I didn't have a cola and my SP were at 0. I may have even had no weapon due to the SP reset, but I cannot recall. In any case, I guess the solo isn't that bad for someone new, but I still think toning down the damage from the low-health enemies wouldn't be a bad thing.

This is supposed to be an easy get in, get fragments, and get out instance. It's already that way for experienced players, so why not make it a little easier for newer players too. I don't think colas should be necessary for something that's essentially a daily requirement for anyone who wants to get the most out of membership.
    • Like x 2
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I can see that, as yeah I probably would not have been able to complete it without a soda.

However the sodas I had on that character were given to me just by playing the game and the devs have already reduced the price of sodas to make them much easier for all players to buy them. I would hope it is not really a problem for players to obtain them nowadays.

But it was a fun experiment though, the ranged and melee only attack attempts were the most difficult. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure you still have basic melee and ranged attacks at 0SP, because that's how you start out in the (ahem) "tutorial." (imagine me rolling my eyes while making air quotes at "tutorial" for maximum effect) You would certainly not have any combo attacks, so if you're used to playing precision, that could be a big drawback, I suppose.

Yeah, colas are easy to come by. Even if you skip the (ahem) "tutorial," you start with ~25 or so. If you play the (ahem) "tutorial," and you stick around to get the "Get 100 hits on the Hit Counter" feat, you could well leave there with 99 colas. And the game basically gives you, like, 5 or 6 colas every few minutes. I haven't had to buy colas from a vendor since my PS3 days.

I ran a new level 10 toon through the stab run last night, and I did have to pop a cola once, plus it took almost twice as long (but that last part might have been because the new toon's weapon is Shield, and all I used was a couple of basic combos (one for melee and one for ranged), and never touched my power bar.

On a separate, yet related, note... I think I'm going to be permanently adding a Shield toon to my roster. :p
    • Like x 4
  12. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

The infinite adds to 1 tap to 100 hit counter at the end have been removed in the (ahem) "updated tutorial". As have the big wave of add before level 3 and your 2nd ability, where I had come to get it. As well as all red barrels. There are still 24 green barrels, that the (ahem) "updated tutorial" completely neglects to make any mention about, just enough to be 1 shy of 2nd green barrel Feat.

Make sure you set the Shield as the default Weapon, either when creating or as the only possible reason to ever use a Weapon Respec Token. If you just unlock the Shield with sp and use a Shield, then you will not be able to use a weapon if you.. for some reason, lose access to the Shield. And you will only do a less basic punch than with the level 1 weapon you start with on either the Ship or in the Safehouse ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Nice! I have too many alts, lol. And cool, I did not know you get that many sodas as I usually skip the tutorial given that I have done it at least 20-30 times by now and I usually set my alts up with stuff in the shared bank that way they are off to a good start.

But it is interesting though, as the tutorial is not challenging to most of us, but they updated it a few times to make it easier as some players couldn't complete it and were getting stuck or something. :confused:

Anyhow, yesterday I ran the stabilizer event like 20 times with every power and only using one ability to complete it. It was not really a issue, and I never needed to pop a soda with my end game alts. However, when I tried it with basic ranged and melee attacks only, no combos, it felt painfully slow.. and I had to pop a soda and almost died once with range attacks and twice with melee attacks.

When I tried the blocking only attempt, it took 12:22 or so and I had to pop a soda during the basic enemies and around 4 sodas while Harley was trying to beat me up.

It was kind of funny though, because when she first came out, she ran over to me and held block and did so several times throughout the fight like if she was making fun of me lol.:D

With the alt I used for the video, I had to redo the attempt as the first time I forgot the PS5 controller has a mic on it and you could hear me pressing buttons and it bothered me too much lol.
    • Like x 2
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Well, in the original tutorial, there was a section that was definitely unfriendly to non-flight toons. I want to say it was where you meet Ambush Bug. It was a large, multilevel, square-ish room that reminded me for some reason of the garbage smasher from Star Wars. Or maybe people were getting tripped up by the section that taught Block / Interrupt / Block Break. Aaaaand it just occurred to me that the (ahem) "tutorial" got dumbed down again a few months ago. The last time I ran it after they changed it again was on the test server, but I'm sure if you have 20 minutes or so, and you really, really need the colas, you can still leave Brainiac's ship with a full stack of colas.

And yeah, using no abilities took probably about twice as long, though part of that may also have been no ally, no orbital, no henchmen / sidekick...

I was planning to make a video when I got my new toon to level 10 today, but I forgot, and now she's level 15, and has all the combos. :(
    • Like x 2
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I remember that part of the tutorial, and yeah, I could see why they changed that.

With the sodas though, they have been reduced in price significantly now compared what they were before and the money cap is much higher for players that have a cap. So it really shouldn't be a issue for players to obtain sodas as they also just give them to you pretty often.

You could still try it, just don't do the combos, that is what I did when I tried it on my end game toons. I may record another attempt with that same level 10 toon, but only using basic range/basic melee attacks to see how someone would fair if they were only spamming basic attack buttons, no guarding, no dodging, etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

She's level 26, now. It just wouldn't be the same. On a related note, I still can't get over how fast leveling is since I came back to DCUO. Coming up on level 30 on this toon, and just finished the Gotham SCU / hotel mission (second Batman mentor mission) last night. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  17. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah the leveling process can be done in just a few hours as they give you double XP for like a hour as well. But I still enjoy leveling up a new toon as those missions just feel different than just playing on duty missions, doing dailies, bounties, etc.

I did attempt to do the stabilizer event while only using basic ranged attacks, I basically played it like if I had no idea what I was doing and just spammed the attack button.

Spoiler, it's not a good idea to play like that lol. :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Funnily enough the other night I cued for stabs and ran into the Belle Reve room. I had to go quickly into my kitchen thinking I’d be alright but seconds later the riot guards were beating my toon nearly dead in only a few seconds. I had to pop my bottled city soder and my supply drop to survive. Unfortunately I was in kinda rough shape due to dropping everything so when Harley came out she beat the beejeezus on me too because normally I drop orbital on her and Krypto and call it a day. It felt like Elite Stabilizer mission all because I AFKed. Hilariously this was my main toon with over 700 SP, 3 200 arts and 430 CR. Any of my seasonal toons would’ve gotten KOed youch. Is it just me or did the devs pump up the difficulty settings on stabs? Hmmm
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? Harley does not hit that hard??

Will have to try it out.

Thanks. ;)
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Funny enough, when I'm running on a PC account and forget to grab my controller and hook it up before launch...this looks very much like how I'd be doing the fight (KB/Mouse)....big difference is I'd still drop HOL bot and orbital, but a lot of 'pew-pew-pew' as I click the mouse vs going to the numbers line for powers.:eek:
  21. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Understandable, I always have my old XBox 360 wired controller hooked up as it is one of my favorite controllers, and I am still not fully comfortable playing DCUO on keyboard and mouse. Also I guess it depends on the controller, but with the 360 one you can plug it in even while the game is running and it still works.

Anyhow, yeah I usually just go in and destroy everything asap, boss comes out and I go overkill, ally, orbital, supply, back up, etc they get melted and I leave. But these past few days of experimenting around with it have been interesting and I can now understand how if a person queues in on a lower leveled toon or toon that is not equipped well, or they just simply don't fully know what they are doing and they have trouble with it.

On that toon and only using basic attacks, I tried it on all the stages and died every time. But each time I didn't try to survive, I just went in and spammed attacks. Thankfully the devs made it so that you can't fail the mission, as you can just walk right back in and continue the fight without the enemies regaining their health.
    • Like x 2