Finally a nerf centre for the powers that be?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Thank You!
    Way more intellectual than me.
  2. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

It's not doing more damage than the other DPS players. It's who's faster and reacts and hitting mobs a lot more in seconds.
    There's skill and damage mechanics than just spamming damage randomly. It's power interactions and control effects that gives bonus damage. It's purely committed to knowing the mobs in raids and rushing in and hitting them with certain rotation that is synergy to controllers controller effects that are bonus damage.
    DPS players are fully committed to the script of raids and mobs. It just so happens that many of us just not well committed to the skills. They are like a machine mind and works insanely flawless in games. While other players have tried and just can't defeat them. The reality of it is that our capacity of our mind and how well we can truly focus and concentrate and learn many combinations and scripts of mobs all way ahead of other players. They are 1 way script and nothing else. They repeat the same patterns every time on what they set their mind to work. The power of auto pilot and not limiting ourselves to think on every moment after moment.

It's like Chess. Millions and millions of ppl and for the past two centuries. Only few dozen players can dominate the competition. Knowing many many combinations and variations and many many moves a head. Analyzing and imaging many moves and opponents moves of best moves and better positions before actually deciding on what piece it is to move. It's all done in their minds.
    Studying the board for as long as 30 minutes. Few players can play chess in the mind without board.
    1 player blind folded can beat 8 players at the same time. Simultaneously. Imaging all boards and moves in the mind.

So in saying, it's just not your type of game to have the superior skill and to be able to accept it.
    There are players that truly commits and their mind has better capacity.
    Being out DPS by players will less materials bothers ppl.
    Understand that it's not a.bad thing. And it's okay. It's that our minds just not able to out skill players and it doesn't make us a bad DPS.

In PvP, Clutchmeister was the dominant player. Many ppl were hardcore in PvP and can't defeat Clutchmeister. They have tried for months. He stayed dominant for a while.

There's always other games to figure out what your mind can handle be dominant.
    And, ask the DPS players how they do it. Ask them to explain in detail and then use that and analyze it and see exactly any differences in the value of the damage and mobs and what hits a lot more often than what you usually use to hit and how fast the powers can be more consistent and cooldowns and the ticks.

It's better to talk to them and analyze their strategies before thinking that it's the power and not the player.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryll Committed Player

I couldn't imagine calling for nerfs because someone did more dps than I did. That is just so fragile.
    • Like x 4
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I would like to see Gadgets nerfed into the ground for the sake of justice. Throughout the entire duration of this game... no power has come close to Gadgets in terms of how consistently overpowered it has been. There has not been a single moment in time where it was anything less than great... and it's not even a power. It's literally just Batman's utility belt. It doesn't even make sense.
    • Like x 2
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

And THAT is why :).
    • Like x 2
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

My question is earth needs a few major adjustments. Gemstone shield combo has to be canceled at what cost? you asked. Mitigate the shield multiplier vs remove the combo. As it'll function like a regular shield keeping players out of combat whilst healing from damage. There are a few other noticeable solution that can be promised like the animation within the GU140 it eludes me the exact period frame. Some must have skipped the memo and a keen eye for detail will review occurrence.

A new power might just be an incentive for tanks. Keeping increasing player base switching to tank will sooth better activity since success of run is at a guaranteed threshold. Take CTe+ for example thoughts get give booster to Hecate greatly increasing tank overall weakness the best heal in the game stemming from a substantial limited SP not meta build the tank still respawns. This insinuate bad judgment repetitive and no one wants to tank. The latter of DCUO not at this current peak will be traced to the lack of incentive for tanks, dps obviously have so much lesser issues same goes for trolls and heal giving the radar hover above them.

Earth still remains the impossible power with so much benefits underneath a microscope such much has not been done or left undone.
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Batman’s power is Gadgets (or errr the money to buy said gadgets) and we all know Batman is the most powerful being in the DC Universe. Don’t @me that’s unrefutable facts the company writes him as so smart he beats everyone in anything so yeah there. Our own game devs can’t stop pumping out Batman content because “Batman sells” so yes they are protecting Gadgets probably because WB told them to. Quick what’s the 21 day reward and mind you they just had major layoffs and are radio silent about the future of the game so Dimensional Ink is hurting so what is it? Oh Mad Hatter hat? A BATMAN VILLAIN?!!? Yeah I rest my case. And don’t try to argue with me that unbalanced Gadgets will never be nerfed (imagine the players who would leave in a huff) or that they seem to worship Batman at DC which is reflected in this game, because it’s true. Anyone wanna challenge me on this don’t I’ll call my best bud Bruce Wayne to sort you out. :D
    • Like x 3
  8. Roocck Committed Player

Starting with Precision nerf is a start.
    • Like x 1
  9. SingingCoyote Active Player

Instead of asking for nerfs, why not push for buffs and better balancing?

A lot of people play gadgets because it's clip heavy. Most of the other powers make you fall asleep because of how slow they are.

We need more clipping in this game and something needs to be done to artifact swapping (a better design, not removal).

PS: It's been around 5 MONTHS since DLC release, and nothing has been communicated yet on the next dlc. I think these conversations are falling on deaf ears and we're just wasting our energy beating a dead horse.
    • Like x 4
  10. Sollace Well-Known Player

Accuracy is clearly the game's biggest problem and makes the game incredibly uneven, accuracy players easily avoid damage unlike power players, the difficulty of recent raids with power gameplay animations is clearly forgotten by the devs, we just have time to perform dodging maneuvers, looking at those who stay alive the 90% of the time will be a precision player, because he has a much more advantageous mobility, this is the reality that many are not yet able to accept here or have all simply forgotten it since it plays precise, but the facts are there in game. Power also loses a big chunk of DPS because of this!
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

And here we go with another off topic post about precision. This is about might, not precision. Any might player worth their stuff can beat precision. I do it daily. I spend hours on sparring targets, mastering and perfecting rotations, and then hours in the open world making sure they were mastered. Precision may be the easiest thing to pick up if you want a cheesey easy rotation that an infant can use: but good might requires mastery, skill, and effort that precision players don't have time for.

Makes perfect sense. That lower gadget player likely put in time to find a good rotation, applying pi, the right artifact setup, the right allies, augments, and SP allocation. Good for that lower one for teaching that higher one a lesson.

I see what this is actually about. You chase the scoreboard, and are having a fit because you got beat. I know a nutcracker that did the same thing when I whipped him damage repeatedly, but he was precision. Anyway, nerfs are not the answer.

There will be no new powers lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

I don't really have a horse in this race. I tend to make characters that I like to look at while playing, and to see if I can be successful against such-and-such with this particular power set; and then try with another one. Feel free to disregard my offering based on this info.

To ME, the whole point of playing this game is to enjoy it, in a variety of ways. I completely understand that mine isn't the only way to play, but I have fun doing it. I don't min/max abilities or level up artifacts and other boosts To me, SPs are a nuisance.

Since I don't PVP, I don't have to be "The Best At What I Do".

Do I fall on my behind a lot? You bet! But, to me, that makes the game a challenge. I like it better when I have to struggle to get the job done rather than clear a room of mobs with two keystrokes.

If all powersets did the same thing except for having different animations, I'd clear out my locker.

Your mileage, obviously, may vary.
    • Like x 3
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I agree nerfs are not the answer, but as I stated:
    Sure, you put a lot more effort into might to beat those Prec players, but you at the same time admit that it takes more work (like spending hours on sparring targets) to do so. Doesn't sound balanced to me.
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

You wont have much damage balance aslong as art swap/buff trolling/precision are as OP as they are.
    • Like x 1
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Exactly. When I came back to DCUO, in 2022, i played a rotation of toons, 3 heroes and 3 villains, different powersets. Then I created my Electric speedster and had fun with her for several months. Now my main is Mental, and I've been playing a lot as a debuff troll. Without ever having looked up what the meta is, for the game as a whole, or even for my powerset, I can almost guarantee that my toon comes nowhere close to the meta.

But I'm having fun. And I can keep up when I'm in a group, unless I'm in a run I've never done before, and nobody can (or will) explain the mechanics when it's something like "Save the JSA!!!"and no matter what you do, it's WRONG. I can take a few hits (when they're not boss one-shot attacks), and I can deal enough damage that I can take out even the toughest hallway adds on my own (which I've had to do quite a few times, when I get stopped by an add or three, and the rest of the group runs off to go pew-pew the next boss), while DPSes wearing elite gear go down in 2-3 hits as soon as they step into the hallway. On Normal.

Guess that means Mental needs to be nerfed. Or BoP Comlink, Tetra, and Rao need to be nerfed. Or HoL bot's primary and oracle bot's secondary need to be nerfed.
    • Like x 2
  16. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

At the cutscene when you (usually only visible to the 1st guy with a rocket up his ****) enters the room with Ultra Humanite, you can see the 3 JSA members get dragged down Han Solo style. Iirc it's the top and bottom on the left, and middle on the right side (assuming your back is to the door you entered from). When the consoles becomes active, lightning will gather above the "tubes/holes" they're in, either above the middle or above the top&bottom. If you ignore the console, the lightning will hit where it's at. If you use the console, the lightning will hit the other (middle or top&bottom) on the same side.

Since it does take a while to explain, I'll usually either just kill him before they get hit 3 times if it's a blind (usually Omni) queue, ask "Need Feat?" "Which part?" "Let me do consoles." or flip consoles so they don't get hit when avoidable, depending on my mood and/or how capable the Toon I'm running is.

As for what's meta, it's a game. It should be about having fun most of all. What's meta for having a fun time in a game varies by person :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

I wish I could say that I’m having fun in this game, but when you want to make elite content of any kind, it is and that you are constantly reminded to play this or that class or have this mode of travel, How do you find fun when players keep reminding you that you made the wrong choices? because in league this type of refrain is constant...
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah that's for sure. I can't tell you how many times I've been ridiculed and even excluded for being Gadgets but not being Prec. Completely judged by it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The amount of ignorance and stupidity in this thread is amazing.

How many broken OP Celestial precision DPS do you see?
    How many broken OP Atomic precision DPS do you see?
    How many broken OP Earth precision DPS do you see?
    How many broken OP Nature precision DPS do you see?
    How many broken OP Fire precision DPS do you see?

The list goes on... But,

How many broken OP Gadgets precision DPS do you see?
    How many broken OP Electric precision DPS do you see?

Wake up people... it's not precision that's broken, it's Gadgets and Electric that are broken.

Electric has hard hitting multi target moves that are quick with no dovetails, they have a broken supercharge in circuit breaker, they have broken Tesla ball generating more supercharge than it ought to.

Gadgets has hard hitting moves with no dovetails, has a stealth bar allowing them to hide their supercharges, they have a suppressor turret not acting as a pet and allowing them to clip everything.

That's just the start of this mess, the problems are more numerous of course and now that I've said it too, you watch them all come in here and defend their cheese, because when you know the truth, you know the truth, nerf gadgets and electric and you'll start seeing less of this "perceived precision imbalance", but rest assured, proxy's a noob, proxy doesn't know what he's talking about, proxy is a casual, proxy started playing yesterday, you'll see and hear it all once you start calling them out.

The issue also isn't the scorecard or being beaten either, the issue is that these people cheesing ******** broken damage are now starting to pervert the balance of content, resulting in elite and especially elite+ content because content keeps getting balanced to appease their thirsty but absolutely broken levels of damage.

The developers need to pick it up and actually front fixing these problematic powers for just once in this games existence.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

And dumb.

The player is basically saying that he wants to be top notch of the game because he is being 1-upped. It gets even worse when he uses the same power he considers "OP" and 1-ups ignorant players who don't know anything about the game. This is akin as a person losing a fight to a karate master, then training karate for a month and beating up a teenager to say "Karate is overpowered".

Disclaimer: do not learn karate to beat up teenagers. You will probably lose anyways. Karate only works for streetfighting in Cobra Kai.
    • Like x 1