Gameplay not designed for keyboard/mouse?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

I don't know if it's me or if it's because of the game or precision gameplay isn't really designed to work on keyboard/mouse?

I've seen players who play precision and while they're playing the weapon some of them don't even touch the ground, the character always stays in the air while using the weapon attack, and I always have to put one foot on the ground for the weapon attack to go well.

Well, I have to admit that I'm just starting out in the precision gameplay, so maybe I don't know all the tricks, what technique could I be missing?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It's you. Many PC players play fine with KB/Mouse, you can use a controller on PC though, you do know that right.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This should be good.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I'm definitely pulling up a chair

[IMG]
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Its preference.

If you played like 75% of the mmorpg games on pc every released, chances are youve used numbers on your keyboard for skills.
    All you have to do is just click your mouse. Though i will say, navigating inventory is easy on the controller (personal opinion) and the combat too, but the rest is best on Keyboard. I can play on either so im not too bothered, i just have preferences.

No matter your form of input, you will make it work for yourself and just find ways on your own to do things other players can do
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

i think the term you are looking for and want to research is "clipping"
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I used to play PC games exclusively and never used a controller. Then I picked up a PS3 and started playing games I'd played on PC (like Bioshock or COD) with the controller and hated it. Flash to 10 years later and when I started running PC accounts for DC and now I have no idea how people use KB/Mouse on this game, though I know many do very effectively.

So basically...it's whatever you first used...and got accustomed to will seem 'best' more than likely. If you are looking to change that, I'd be prepared to push through the struggle.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I play KB/Mouse - it just becomes about speed and muscle memory.. it can get very intense clipping etc with KB/Mouse for precision

I have it 100% down for healing.. but that is not exactly a huge boast lol
    • Like x 1
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I remember when controllers had only one button, so computer games used ESDX for movement and the space bar for the button. My old TI-99/4A had controllers, but so many games didn't use them, and they were very uncomfortable to use for more than a few minutes -- and I still preferred to use the controller.

When I got the shareware version of Doom back in the '90s, it didn't natively support controllers (nor did most of the PC games I had), and I really hated using keyboard and mouse, especially because commands were spread out all over the keyboard. Sure, it was convenient that most of the time the key was the first letter of whatever you were trying to do, but it meant I had to take my eyes off the screen and look for the key.

Now that I'm older and developing arthritis, I just can't comfortably use the keyboard for gaming, and having to use the mouse just guarantees that if I have to use kb/m to play, I won't play for very long.
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I tested a wireless KB last night with my PS5 and it worked in DCUO and in other games too.
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

Sterming from a console player PC is very difficult. Still can't fathom how people maneuver through combos an rotation.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I never did the ESDX on PC...I always mapped to the 4 arrow keys. When using the other keys, if I ever hopped off them, I'd have to look when going back, whereas the 4 arrows were very obvious without looking. Probably wasn't a big deal as most games it was movement, crouch, jump, throw and a few accessories like flashlight or camera or whatever that game had, all of which I remapped to be right next to the arrows.

But yeah, even back then after a few hours, my hand would really cramp up, so I can only imagine how it would work today if I wanted to do some 'hardcore' gaming.

BTW...'Old' TI-99/4A? I still have mine. Loaded up some Tunnels of Doom a few months ago off the cassette recorder. Good times. And yeah, that skinny TI 'joystick' was terrible.
    • Like x 1
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, I loved Tunnels of Doom! I must have sunk hundreds of hours into that game. I got such a strong sense of deja vu when SSI came out with the Forgotten Realms games on C64 in the late '80s.

And yeah, even before I started developing arthritis, kb/m gaming was a total pain in the... hands.
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I find controllers WAY harder to play with than keyboard and mouse for this game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

This should be good.

*Eats popcorn*

Been doing it successfully since 2013 and would not play any other way. I'm able to tank some of the best content and the advantages of playing this way are numerous. It's something that may be hard if you aren't used to it, but otherwise it's godly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I was saying...it's likely however you learned first. Honestly if I knew of the game on PC before I found it on PS3, I might have started there and would be right with you more than likely.

Probably has a lot to do with what kind of mouse you use too. I'm just using a standard 2 button one....but I know there are those with 5 or 10 keys on them and all that jazz. I'd guess once you get good with that a lot of it would be easier/quicker. One thing I always appreciated when playing with KB/Mouse then moved to controller is how much slower it is to rotate the camera. Not as big a deal in this game, but in things like COD...it's a killer.
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Mine has the regular 2 with 2 extra on the left side that I use to use fast movement acceleration. So for the most part very normal, but it's a very good Razer Cobra Deathaddler V2 gaming mouse.

Yes it was the very first thing I learned on, that definitely helps I'm sure.
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's a killer for me in this game, keeping an eye out in various instances for attacks/environmentals. I use a really high DPI so when I move, I MOVE. I just look exactly where I want to and quickly instead of a slow pan on a controller. Not being able to hard lock on a target without holding a button is a pain, too.
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Sometimes, what you are seeing, specially with someone using BOW for single targeting, is: MACROS :p
    I dont like it, sure, I can "macro" if I want, but it is boring as hell...
    • Like x 1