Vanilla mode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C Falcon, Feb 27, 2024.

1. C Falcon Active Player

Can we get an option to run content without arts, allies, pets, henchmen, sodas, utility belts, and the like? Whether this is an option we can select or a recurring event with enhanced rewards, I think this might add something extra to the game. The
    more competitive players and those wanting an additional challenge might enjoy this.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You already can, just take it all off :D
    • Like x 5
  3. C Falcon Active Player

Cool I didn't know that. Can I also choose not to pick others up too?

You can also run content for marks twice so we don't need double mark weeks among other things.

I'm specifically talking about locking access to these items during instances, not whether someone can remove gear themselves.
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Um… are you asking for more solo content maybe?

I do enjoy the solo content because sometimes I just want to go in there, be by myself, take my time, and slaughter NPCs…., I mean bring justice at my own pace to scofflaws.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fennec New Player

I can imagine no arts, no weapon mastery just the basic game mode with better drops ?? No allies just dcuo in the buff the butt naked purest form so it cant necessarily be manipulated
    • Like x 1
  6. C Falcon Active Player

I'd definitely enjoy more solo content and even walk ins. I wish they'd implement/bring this back the way it was originally, iirc.

What I want is an option to run without all of these items that weren't around back in the day. Doing this should be more challenging. You could really gauge your, and anyone competing (scoreboard chasers), ability more accurately. Personally, was never fond of all the extra clutter, especially in hallways.
    • Like x 1
  7. C Falcon Active Player

Exactly. And yeah, it should have better drops... just like elite and elite plus should.

As far as in the buff goes, yeah you can remove all my cosmetics too, well except the mask :D.
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

So what you are saying is... Play an MMORPG with next to no items and no interaction with other players?
    Why would someone level up their character so much, after so long just to run content with none of that. It makes 0 sense.
    If you want content to be harder, do it yourself in solo missions, thats perfectly fine.
    as for the "give better loot" aspect, we already have nearly 3 instances of the same raid with different difficulties, we dont need "more" or "better" loot. All content is balanced and tuned for a specific difficulty of the game based on what we have available to us in this moment and our current power levels. It takes times and effort to balance content. Having to balance a piece of content that you cant: Call allies, Use artifacts, sodas, orbitals, back up, literally anything is gonna take a long *** time since every power is so different.
    Celestial hits hard af with some of its combos, instances would be over fast. Rage just wouldnt die making it all trivial. It would be a mess
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Soo... Legends?

Gee that sounds familiar lol
    • Like x 3
  10. C Falcon Active Player

So where did I say anything about running without other players with limitations on equipment? I'm aware this is an MMORPG and I've been playing thiese for over 20 years. I'm suggesting an additional option, something no one would force upon you that are available in this and other MMO's.Just like no one is forced to run elite or elite plus. The argument you're making about leveling items for use is not much different than it is for clamp, but guess what, stat clamp still exists.

Why would anything need to be further balanced? Are you telling me that the content is balanced to account for all potential gear and group compositions within the permitted cr range? If that were the case you'd have to balance all of the content anyway to account for the variance in gear/sp/items as the game changes too. This is just an option no different than STU. As far as loot goes, all content that is more difficult should have some reward that warrants it. Aside from access to elite gear and a few drops, the only other reward is additional sp.
  11. C Falcon Active Player

12. Fennec New Player

This is a really good idea that should be explored, kind of a reset
    • Like x 1
  13. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

No thank you. and what kind of "better rewards" are you talking about? 1 extra mark? "I" am not seeing any benefit to this other than handicapping yourself for no real reason. And I think I saw someone say just take off those pieces you want deactivated. Makes sense if all you want to do is NOT have access to them while running content. Again, I don't understand why? I am not saying its dumb or stupid so chill on the attacks. I feel this idea is NOT for "ME".
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

15. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Save the universe is brought up to end game content, rebalancing the instances.
    Everything that is made is made with our power in mind.

If they go back to rebalance old stuff based on your suggestion. our characters would be missing like 15% of our stats, orbitals, weapon masteries (making prec useless), sodas that help us live.
    Those 15% stats are a huge influence because of how the math works in the game. Defense is a stat, willpower is a stat I bet you didn't know about too. PvE Enemies have Willpower stats and its a counter to dominance.
    Saying nothing needs to be rebalanced based on your suggestion is just out right stupid. If you wanna test your theory of the game mode you want. Go into an Elite + instance. Take off all the artifacts, augments, everything and see how well you perform.

Edit: As for your comment about the clamp. The only thing that is effective in the stat clamp (if you are clamped by the clamp) is the percentages from your artifacts, your artifact effects as a whole (which are ridiculously strong in the clamped content to the point SP doesn't even matter). The stat clamp is there for a reason. Artifacts are almost the only thing that give you actual strength in clamped content.
    Pit a 800sp person with lvl 0 artifacts against someone with 100sp and 200 artifacts and i can assure you that the 100sp player would win like 99% of the time given they both have the same knowledge and skill level of the game
  16. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'd much rather all extra/spare time and resources go towards fully fixing the clamp. If it's not going anywhere then it should be fully examined and each difficulty and instance should be looked at. Time spent making more options than we already have when the options we already have need work is not time/resources well spent.

It's not a terrible idea. I just think we need to fix what we have before adding to it.
    • Like x 1
  17. C Falcon Active Player

Again, where am I suggesting that anything needs to be rebalanced pertaining to this topic? There are plenty of things that should be rebalanced but that's not the focus of this topic at all. What I stated was a response to you saying they would need to rebalance content to implement that.
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

There will never be a competitive challenge so long as powersets are completely broken and weapons. Which is why this revamp is totally pointless they should have just stuck with CR differential. Players want to feel progression that's what an RPG is we used to feel progression before this revamp. I don't see anyone enjoying a challenge like you mentioned there is nothing enjoyable about fighting anything for 40 minutes or longer
  19. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Ok lets break it down for you to understand

-No augments meaning a huge loss in stats
    -No runes/meta dna augments, more loss in stats
    -Most 200 artifacts give you 3-5% in select stats + base stats.
    -Allies give effects buffing you more in multiple diff ways as well as dealing damage
    -Orbital strikes deal a % of enemy health
    -Weapon masteries are the thing making prec viable. Without it, prec is useless
    -No sodas meaning leaning more on roles that currently are suffering from lack of stats from all of the above
    -No utility belts meaning there is not much to put in trinket slot
    -No Pets. Less damage

I get buffed to 135k precision in the new content on an alt. Lets use that as an example

-8% from arti and -825 prec from raw stats
    -8% from augments and -4,462 from raw stats
    -7,600 prec from other augments
    -3% prec from shazam ally

Lets round it up
    12,887 loss in raw stats
    19% loss in prec

So given the % buffs are added last: ill do 135k - 12,887 = 122,113
    Taking that 19% away will leave you with 102,630k prec
    Baring in mind you are putting up with enemy defenses and lack of weapon mastery.
    You will do next to nothing in an unbalanced raid where every enemy has stats based on the bare minimum (135k) you are recommended of having in that content. Now imagine that with every stat for every role for every instance. unable to be increased because everything has been disabled.
    Just imagine the loss off health, tanks would be losing a crap ton based from the % buffs on their class lol

Enemies have been balanced based off the minimum recommended stats you need for said content. With the stuff you are saying to be removed for this "new playlist" stuff, you will be DLCs behind, no artifacts to help tanks even live, healers heal, trolls to debuff, dps to damage.

It makes 0 Sense at all to do what you are asking for WITHOUT a rebalance. Hence why most people in the thread have said its pointless implementing this when we could have much better uses for the time the devs would have put into this.

What you have suggested is to remove ALL diversity in the game with how people build their loadouts and instead tell them to suffer with the powerset they have and thats it.

A better alternative to your suggestion would be: Make new challenges, give each role set stats, all fixed, all the same and then its totally based on the balance of powers and how people abuse their power.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all, you have no idea what you're talking about, be quiet. :cool: