Bring back EOG healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrYsiS44, Feb 14, 2024.

1. myandria Item Storage

In my opinion, one shot mechanics is the default for a raid mechanics check; if your character is not following the mechanics of the raid, then that one shot from the boss is triggered no matter what level that character is. Many online games use this mechanic; some more than others.

I think that the devs lean heavily on the one shot mechanic because many players lean heavily on bypassing the raid mechanics. Artifact swapping was never intended for raids but has become the meta, which I never rely on.

I agree with you that healers need new mechanics and abilities. The healer role, for the most part, is very easy and I would not mind if it were more challenging, like I have experienced with other games. For example, I am used to nature healers not being able to use certain healing abilities and powers in an included space such as a small cave, inside a building and so on. So that healer would have to use targeted healing instead of an aoe one.

Perhaps the devs could make raids that block certain powers if they cannot give new abilities. Just a suggestion.

Art swapping is a gameplay choice, not a requirement. The raids can be completed without it. And before anyone mentions it; it is not the devs job to make new content as fast as it is completed by the players. If players use artifact swapping and and eog to complete raids quickly and then become bored, then that is their issue to deal with. Oops, went off the rails there but just my few cents.
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The community on Xbox makes it a requirement, or get blacklisted.
  4. Quantum Rising Committed Player

All they needed to do was put limitations on 1 EOG in effect at a time and it would have been fine. It was the group clustering with multiple EOG's going off that was broken. If you had it so only one EOG was able to affect a person at a time it would have stopped that and still maintained the healing aspect of it.

Just another case of DB not listening. @DB btw hows that balancing of prec weapons going?
    • Like x 1
  5. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Personally don't think art swapping was ever intended so I agree.

Found plenty of builds to go toe to toe with most gadgets so disagree here. Plus don't see as much arrogance from them as much as prec users.

Brawling and DW need to be nerfed a small small percentage. About 5-10%. The other weapons need a major boost. Be it in increasing combo speed, damage or anything to balance them out . When all your prec users are DW or Brawling... something is wrong.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You don't have to think, it was confirmed by the devs themselves to not be "intended". Well, not the way they thought it would be, anyway. Swapping itself was intended, people manipulating the lasting effects to their advantage was not. They claimed to be "keeping an eye on it", but who knows if that's actually the case.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sollace Well-Known Player

The devs can say what they like, but the game clearly shows that it wasn't even intended to work this way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, swapping itself is very much intended and it was confirmed that gear swapping is a thing. People keep failing to make the distinction between two very important factors when it comes to artifact swapping

Firstly the act of swapping itself and secondly the ability to stack effects through the act of swapping.

The first is just gear swapping and is and always has been entirely intended by the developers, the extent to which the second is carried out by the players is the part the developers haven't said was anticipated or as some put it intended.

Many, still try to assert that the latter is a problem that requires the former to be removed, when that simply isn't the case.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Exactly, and I personally never had a problem with the former, merely only the latter. As it is the cause of most of the toxicity/issues I previously brought up numerous times. I strongly feel if they could address the lasting effects, most problems with artifact swapping would fizzle away.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

That or just lock our third artifact slot for 20s following a swap.
    • Like x 1
  11. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Issue with EOG was the fact it made every other role in the game extremely strong.

Tank - Supercharges on tank made you heal a large % of your health each second while making you immune to cc effects and/or a shield that is strong to negate damage.
    Troll - More Vita, more shields for the group. buff trolls buffs would be in theory even higher and more sought after due to EVERYONE spamming supercharges.
    Dps - More damage, power, and the stacking of the gaze (with other people using their op supercharges too) made DPS sky rocket with very little effort and coordination. "oh, orange stuff on the floor, ill use mine too and leech damage" and so on
    Heal - More healing, resto, give your entire team supercharge, low cost supercharges. Literally becoming a battery for your group.

I personally liked EOG healing but you cannot deny it was getting to the point EVERYONE needed it to be picked up for higher end content. That's not balance that's dependability. Sure you can play without it, but you will be blamed for low dps, probably kicked and not allowed to do the content. I have been victim to it myself, I can out dps players who are Arti swapping with 200 artifacts' now, back then, those who had EoG it wasn't even comparable, damage was just insane.

I'm glad its somewhat gone, something i would like to see though is a power added to all healer powers that can generate small % of supercharge over time for all your group members at the cost of a lot of power (similar to the cost of an arions orb priority heal cost. 500 power cost I believe)
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Also something in which I'd have no issue with (and if people do they would pretty much out themselves of only wanting to do it for nefarious reasons).
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This is true too, I wasn't playing my healer much at the time, but I definitely saw the pressure that was being played on others. It's the same deal that Buff Trolls go through with artifact swapping (to a point), so I get it.
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Agree.