To the new creative director

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Feb 15, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

The picture shown by EG7 shows revenue line from 2020 upto first few months of 2023 theres a drop that continues to go down but that drop is no surprise given how this game is getting almost no content and if it does its very poorly designed.

2022 was based on that picture the worst year by far but it still has around half of the covid peak revenue thereby still making a ton of cash so yea whats going on with the money? They too Busy milking dc i guess?
    • Like x 1
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

You didnt "get into" a discussion you nit-picked a generalised statement. You were obviously bored, of all the posts on these forums you chose to highlight the fact that one guy made a statement that is in fact true based on modern gaming statistics, however "because of his in-precise wording im going to be a snowflake and call him out on it, i will tell him because i am one of the minority and my voice will be heard".
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Geez... What did google ever do to you?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Well... Everyone who wants it... wants it.

Which, I imagine, is still a loooooot of people.

How'z about if they fix PvP... You don't have to play it... and let the ones who do be happy?
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I hear a lot of players in my group of DCUO friends who really like PvP and wish to see it revitalized and reimagined. Final Fantasy XIV did just that with their PvP and had great success with it.

I, personally, do not participate in PvP, it just doesn’t appeal to me but that doesn’t mean I oppose it. There are plenty of others to whom PvP does appeal too. A revitalize, reimagined PvP could be a catalyst to attract new players and former players alike.
    • Like x 2
  6. karas0 New Player

I would like to know when the Profanity filter will be fixed, and will there be in-game moderators? Paying customers should not be drafted to moderate toxic behavior that is the purview of Daybreak. Judging by the response on LFG to being reported by fellow players, an official notice from the community manager on all relevant channels should be a good place to start anew.
  7. Bowieite Active Player

How about you quit thinking you have a right to speak for anyone but yourself.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The more important question isn't who 'wants' it? I personally don't but anything that would make the game more popular in some way could be good.

But the important question is "How many are willing to PAY for it?". If those people who want it, want it in the way it's always existed, nothing will happen. PvP didn't generate a ton of money for DCUO...which is why it was likely abandoned (well that an the inability to fix the speed hack issues).

So....how many are willing to PAY some money IF it were fixed/improved? Personally...I'd say not enough....as PvP slacked off a LOOOONG time ago. They'd have to find some way to generate money (skins, weapons or whatever) from PvP to make it a viable source of income before spending the mountain of time and money to 'fix' it. Step one, enable some sort of anti-cheat...which if they aren't doing for PvE....I doubt it will materialize in PvP.
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The K A R E tool is applicable here: KEEP / ATTAIN (or ACQUIRE) / RECAPTURE / EXPAND

Keep as many current customers (players) as possible, It is my company’s experience in marketing that a ~10% loss of the current customer base of any given industry is normal. The goal is to keep as many of those current customers as possible.

Attain or Acquire new customers thru innovative product offerings / in our case that could be compelling new DLC assets, a reimagined PvP, and some other new fork that allows us to play DCUO in a way we hadn’t thought of being able to do.

Recapture former customers (players) by using the same tactics as above plus maybe making them a special offer of perhaps a welcome back gift. It would have to be something that would not offend the customers (players) who are already in your “Keep” category.

Expand. Expand is where reimagining happens, where could we take DCUO in other directions or elaborate even more on what we already have got or even do both. Expand is where we take advantage of avenues we are missing, such as a QR code in a DC Comic what when scanned would give the player a special style or weapon.

These are just some off the top ideas I came up with as I am supposed to be working right now lol.
    • Like x 3
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I remember my first day on the internet.

Where did anything in my post imply that I was trying to speak for others?

Here's a hint....Nowwhere.
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

It depends on how many hamsters it takes to keep the servers running, and how much hamster food costs. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well if they didn't upgrade to the new mutated cyborg hamsters yet, I don't think it costs anywhere near the amount they are taking in from the game.
    • Like x 1