Tanks have no artifacts for themselves

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Alkhem, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Alkhem New Player

I'm wondering why is that every other role can use all the tanks based artifacts, tanks need more love in dcuo atleast give us arts made just for us we're the only role who's artifacts is used by everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  2. Alkhem New Player

All the trolls got artifacts buffs, and tanks who use EOG got nerf
    What artifacts do tanks have to compete as a battle tank that's specifically for tanks?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because other roles can use tank arts doesn’t mean those other roles should be using them. A tank will benefit a lot more from tank arts than any other role.

Tank arts seem pretty “boring” but they are good. I don’t really see anything that’s “needed”. Not only that, all tanks have different mechanics. Pretty difficult to make a very specific art since it may only benefit few tank powers (already have that now lol)
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO Vet New Player

Every person has defense, health, shields, and dominance stats. Everything a Tank can do everyone else can do with the exception of the Tanks role buff for defense. What you have to understand is there is no special move for a Tank like a group power heal or even a priority/group heal. These role specific moves are how the artifacts can generally be gated from the masses. Tanks are really tough DPS's who don't have burn which means most artifacts will be universal due to Tanks being unable to do anything that the other roles aren't capable of.

Even Arts like Circe's mask which is useless for most roles and more relevant for ice Tanks still is just a shield art. As a role breaker myself if you want to be a battle Tank then use DPS arts its the role buff and gear that makes you a Tank.
    • Like x 1
  5. Massah Committed Player

+1
    Artifact's for Tanks are basically just more survival aside from Lasso Multi -pull +Survival
    Hopefully the next Tank Artifact will add a damage buff/boost or reflect-damage for Block Break or Lunge Counter (but be Tank Exclusive*)

During the period of flashing Blue after performing lunge or Block break counter all team damage is added to Tank's damage
    (Or the same % as either the 1% of Grimbor's Chains or the a higher percentage closer to 20% Pollux Eye of Gemini Orange)

If not accumulated damage it could just be a 35% Damage boost during same flashing Blue period after successful counter

(Reiterate that it should be locked to Tank)

Or they could have it attached to Group Breakout immunity ....so there is a more consistent cool down. (If group breakout is used they could limit damage contribution to affected group/party size.)*

I would say Group Immunity/Breakout is the one "Tank" Exclusive and even then you get players who just don't use that.

(Would also have been AoE Pull...if not counting Mesmerizing Lasso from Lasso of Truth Artifact...which I personally feel should only be for Tanks or Tank power sets)

Superman Ally's Inspiring Breakout Shield is basically Tank specific
  6. Sollace Well-Known Player

I agree with that, with the lasso artefact alone it shouldn't be for the heal or troll to use it, it's an artefact that should be reserved for the tank. What's more, the artefact swap is making the game more and more absurd and unpleasant, as well as making the community more and more unpleasant with it!
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Artifact for tanks would be (in tank stance) you are immune from damage for 12 seconds. Call the artifact “Man of Steel”.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

It would be nice to see a few powerset specific artifacts that cover a power’s weakness in support role.
    • Like x 1
  9. SingingCoyote Active Player

Please no. This would be as bad as the powerset allies
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Manacles
    Everyman
    something of the seven(i forgot the name)
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Any role can use those artifacts. That's the point of this thread, I think?
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Any role can use any artifacts they want but the ones i listed are mainly for tanks.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, some healer artifacts can only be used by a healer and some controller artifacts can only be used by a controller. All tank artifacts can be used by any role. I think the OP is asking for tank artifacts that are limited to players in tank role. Don't know why, don't really care.
    • Like x 1
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The arts I listed literally say recommended for tank. They don't say recommended for healer. They don't say recommended for DPS. They say recommended for tank. They ARE tank arts.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know they are. Take your time and read what I wrote very slowly.
    • Like x 1
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Those tank arts i mentioned are not going to benefit any other role but tank so if you are using them for other roles you are doing it wrong.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The only time I've seen players not in tank role use any of the standard tank arts (Manacles, Everyman, Mystic 7) are in raids where the design is such that it's not uncommon for the tank to be a little delayed in pulling adds when they spawn (ex. PCe Lady Blackhawk fight due huge room and random spawn point or FGSe Zeus tank is caged, etc). In scenarios like those I've seen healers use a tank artifact since they tend to get targeted by newly spawned un-aggro'd adds the most and they still get some resto from them.

EoG is obviously versatile for DPS, healers and tanks. Dillustel Refractor is occasionally swapped by extra super duper sweaty buff/inventory trolls but that's quite rare. Lasso is used by trolls which makes sense since it's a crowd control artifact and trolls are SUPPOSED to be involved in crowd control. Lazarus Pit was always intended for any role (especially in SM) but is still primarily a tank artifact. Other than that, tank artifacts are only useful for tanks in group content.

I don't see the issue.

The only active ability tanks have that other roles don't are group breakout/immunity. Superman ally already enhances that function. I suppose there could be an artifact that extends immunity. The only other function that is unique to tank role is passive which is their priority on the hate table. The only thing I can think of that an artifact could do is extend the time before aggro is dropped or apply a stun or heavy attack debuff when aggro is dropped or something like that. Though that would still technically be able to be used by any role since any role can top an enemies hate table.
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not sure why this even matters, if I had it my way there would be absolutely no role specific artifacts, they could primarily benefit a particular role, but I don't think they should ever be role restricted.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then I could finally build that Atlantean ice tank.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The perhaps they need to come out with artifacts that say "Exclusively" for [Insert Role]. That way if a Healer wants to use an "Exclusive" Tank artifact etc, they get no buffs/perks associated with that artifact. If a Healer uses an artifact that is recommended for Tank... then its the same as is now. Recommended doesnt always mean exclusive.