To the new creative director

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

So, if you were a new player... How easily could you get it all even with the broker barely having the old capsules themselves available, let alone the collections in them? I played the same system (and got all of the capsule feats) when the population was a LOT higher than it is now (along with completing every new one when they were current) and it was still a struggle. Are you also on Xbox?
  2. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Playstation. If I was a new player, I wouldnt worry too much on these feats I would focus on others and build up the thousands of other feats. I would in turn use my quarks for the 2nd chance vendor. Unfortunately, we cant sell quarks because I am holding 30,000.
  3. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I really dont mind feats that are done solo. I mean understanding how the loot roll system works is a better skill then relying on some random tank you barely know holding aggro.
    • Like x 1
  4. SingingCoyote Active Player

We need an artifact-swap system designed ASAP. Art swapping should be kept in the game 100%, but the way it's done heavily impacts the gameplay enjoyability. Maybe a wheel system like the emotes or even like the armoury wheel. Turn it into a natural part of the game.
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Funny thing about spending money to keep this game alive is that it doesn't need microtransactions to stay alive. It has been said before that the Membership alone Is what's keeping this game alive in fact the memberships alone bring in 3.6million a month. Think about that for a second that's not even counting replays bought or the other insane microtransactions. When a new ep drops in its first week the game makes 3.6 million in its first week that's not even counting the rest of the month yet lmao. Just to throw this out there their intentions going forward are not to continue making the game casual for anybody if they want to grab the attention of their investors that being eg7. And in case you didn't know an episode only costs roughly $80,000 to make so where does the rest of the money go lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but you CAN get that tank to hold aggro generally more often than that 1 in 10,000 RNG shot. Personally...I'd take my chances with the tank.

It's just a different challenge...
  7. zNot Loyal Player

80k for a 6 month episode? Talk about getting milked and we are wondering why the content is so bad
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Where are you pulling these numbers from?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I contributed $128.09 for this year’s membership. Soooo…. $128.09 is accounted for lol
    • Like x 2
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Google search says dcuo makes 3.6mil a month just from memberships and that was in 2023. An ep cost anywhere from 60 grand to 140 grand
  11. Bowieite Active Player

No, EVERYONE does NOT want pvp!
    • Like x 3
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

So no sources?

Google search is a tool, not a source.
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

It was a generalised statement based on modern gaming statistics, not directed at yourself, perhaps see it for what it was, maybe....
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Or don't say EVERYONE, maybe.
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

3.6 mill a month just in memberships alone?... that is 43.2 million a year... just in memberships. I called 1-800-BUL-CRAP and they said this is completely farcical. Hypothetically speaking this would be 360,000 players with an annual membership spread out on all platforms. Or 240,000 players @15.00 monthly. Or 1,080,000 players with quarterly memberships. Or 576,000 players with bi-annual memberships.

A far cry from the reported numbers from a thread from Dec 2020
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...uo-isnt-going-anywhere-by-the-numbers.312780/
    • Like x 1
  16. appocolyps Committed Player

Apologies, you can put your toys back in the pram now that you have made the forums a better place for clearing that outrageous statement up.
    • Like x 2
  17. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Your link actually states it was making 3 million a month. Not too far of a cry.
    • Like x 2
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

And now it's time to resort to insults, I see. :rolleyes:

And then, you're going to do it again, in response to this comment. Whatever. I don't get into discussions with people who argue in bad faith, or who turn to insults when they don't have a valid argument. Have fun continuing this by yourself.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...that WAS in 2020, during lockdown and before the game went fully F2P in Aug 2021. It also lists a major game overhaul in Q4 2021 that was scrapped. I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about the clamp and new daily rewards system here:

"Summary: Modernize visuals, upgrade key game systems and add brand new large content update to capitalize on the nextgen consoles growth cycle for significant growth opportunity"

Anyone have a similar set of numbers from 2023, cause I'd guess that $3m a month is not the same anymore. 3 years is a LOOOONG time in the VG industry, so things can and do change. Which was his point.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

How much money is being made aside, how much do you think it actually costs to keep these old *** servers running?
    • Like x 2